Melbourne Football

W-League 2019-20

jw1739

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
34 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Seriously, what a team. No mentality issues here. 400 mins without conceding 

Serious question though, who in administration is not involved with the womens but involved with the men? Surely this mentality issue comes back to some root.

2 hours ago, haz said:

Serious question though, who in administration is not involved with the womens but involved with the men? Surely this mentality issue comes back to some root.

Personally i dont think the administration is overly relevant in our context.
I'm kind of of the belief now that its just a giant monkey on our back that we are struggling to shake, and the minute we do we'll be pretty hard to stop. I'm not sure we are doing anything wrong per se, we've just not been able to step up to the pressure situation as a mens team as yet.
For the sanity of the fans, hopefully it happens sooner rather than later.

14 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Personally i dont think the administration is overly relevant in our context.
I'm kind of of the belief now that its just a giant monkey on our back that we are struggling to shake, and the minute we do we'll be pretty hard to stop. I'm not sure we are doing anything wrong per se, we've just not been able to step up to the pressure situation as a mens team as yet.
For the sanity of the fans, hopefully it happens sooner rather than later.

Admin probably wasn't the best word, I meant 'non-players', from the kitman up to the CEO.

It must be a giant monkey if its a problem that even stems back to Heart days.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
1 hour ago, IssySG said:

image.thumb.png.a7fd7594efbbb3df582c7390cbe441f4.png

We going to talk about this absolute robbery?

Catley, Carpenter, Williams, Van Egmond, Stotty all worth a nomination at the minimum

That is quite extraordinary. Just goes to show that these sorts of awards can really mean something or at the other end of the scale mean absolutely nothing at all.

Now i could be wrong here, but I'm reasonably sure that the 5 'nominees' are actually just the top 5 in polling from a match-by match basis a la a normal b & f vote. Presumably our girls all took votes off each other in that case.

Dumb way of presenting it anyway.

For reference https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Warren_Medal#:~:text=The Johnny Warren Medal is,Australian national soccer club competition.&text=A football media representative%3B,vote from the match officials. 

Edited by bt50

• jw1739 unpinned this topic