Melbourne Football

Season 19/20 Matchday Thread

Dylan

41 minutes ago, mus-28 said:

Bozza must be an honorary Victory member. I don't think there's every been a disputable call against them that he's supported. Broxham only got himself to blame, no intention to play the ball, it's a penatly every day of the week.

Exactly. The push was clear as day.

1 hour ago, bt50 said:

Prob thought the deciding pen was reasonably soft tbh, but the non-pen for the foul on Simon earlier in the half more than makes up for that imo. EAD Mongs.

Ahh but its that old saying, dont give the ref a reason to give it, the replay from behind clearly shows Broxam push into his side from behind with the arm, seeing that at game speed, from the refs viewing point it would have been easy to call a pen

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Ahh but its that old saying, dont give the ref a reason to give it, the replay from behind clearly shows Broxam push into his side from behind with the arm, seeing that at game speed, from the refs viewing point it would have been easy to call a pen

Hmm i think there's prob a reasonable shout its side to side tbh, but yeh agree re giving the ref a reason.
Donachie clattering into Simon was stonewall imo.

Tin Foil hat crew on fourfourtwo suggesting Rojas didn't receive his international clearance because they were playing Sydney and that Grant's suspension was reduced so he could play this game.........I can't ever recall a challenge getting more than a 2 game ban, Wout Brama's potential leg snapper a few years only got 2 games and that would've only been 1 but he'd already been sent off earlier that season. It's only been Muscat and O'Donovan's past records that got them big bans.

Fuck Archie is a disaster, stammering and stuttering his way through, can't pronounce players names. Couldn't pronounce Baumjohann so went with Bo Ham, then forgot Robbie Cornthwaite's name. It really shows how disinterested Fox are in the product that they keep him on as one of the regulars.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, mus-28 said:

Fuck Archie is a disaster, stammering and stuttering his way through, can't pronounce players names. Couldn't pronounce Baumjohann so went with Bo Ham, then forgot Robbie Cornthwaite's name. It really shows how disinterested Fox are in the product that they keep him on as one of the regulars.

Say what you want about any other fox commentator but at least they passsed year 10 English.

Maybe Archie is just more a maths guy?

Edited by kingofhearts

1 hour ago, mus-28 said:

Michael Cornthwaite and...

Adam!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
2 hours ago, Jovan said:

I know its early days, but the intensity of the games are up.

From a spectators perspective its going to suck watching in 10° but ultimately its what happens on the pitch count.

@Jovan It would be OK if we could still have option of standing on a proper terrace. I grew up watching in an English winter, but at least you could move around a bit while standing, especially stamp your feet occasionally. We walked 2 miles to and from the ground as well.

IMO sitting down is going to be a real challenge. I think KO times are going to be really important - afternoon matches are going to be better than evenings.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...