Melbourne Football

World Cup Qualifiers

Shahanga

20 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Irritates me when Arnold is moaning about the facilities he had to use in Sydney.

Play internationals where you can use existing proper facilities for training. Why couldn't they use Central Coast's "Centre of Excellence" - it's only in bloody Gosford up the road? Even play the match there - perfectly decent stadium and facilities.

Play in Melbourne. Use the so-called "Home of the Matildas" or Casey Fields. And I think Adelaide are building or have built their own facility now. 

Continual calls for more funding are fine, but surely use existing facilities where they are perfectly adequate? City, CCM and Adelaide are producing the youngsters so I can't see why there can't be cooperation and common sense. The game is bleeding money so don't waste what we've got.

Maybe a question of ownership and availability. Assume that CFG allow the Socceroos/Matilda's to train at Casey then that means that the ground is not available for CFG teams/staff plus the additional upkeep. For CCM who are playing in Asia, they need the ground more often as would any team playing in Asia.

Is it solvable, yes. It would require a negotiated settlement by Football Australia and the owners of the ground.

4 hours ago, NewConvert said:

Maybe a question of ownership and availability. Assume that CFG allow the Socceroos/Matilda's to train at Casey then that means that the ground is not available for CFG teams/staff plus the additional upkeep. For CCM who are playing in Asia, they need the ground more often as would any team playing in Asia.

Is it solvable, yes. It would require a negotiated settlement by Football Australia and the owners of the ground.

I think there are a number of pitches at Casey. For example, the recent VPL1 match was on "Pitch no. 4." 

And you didn't mention the so-called "home of the Matildas." What state is that it? Who uses it?

Of course I don't know the detail, but where there's a will, there's a way. There are plenty of hours in the day. It just seems to me to be out of order to be bleating for more money to be given to the game when an integral part of it has just wasted $140m. I know it's a different part of the game that's done the wastage, but to me that doesn't matter, and it just emphasises how there is lack of unity in the game to make that excuse. For me it's just the same as the continual wastage of money by different levels of government, all blaming each other. It's still taxpayers' money, and in football already the registration fees for junior players are sky high.

As a football fan and a taxpayer I don't believe the game deserves any more. Put its house in order first.

In APL something like 40% of the staff lost their jobs was it? But I'll bet not a single cent was taken off the 8 directors and they're still there soaking up the dollars for fuck all.

Edited by jw1739