Melbourne Football

MHFC Fan Forum - May 24 2012 @ La Trobe Uni (Confirmed by Club Email)

LR9

Bolton re-signing???!!!!!FFS the guy was past it 18 months ago regardless of what a nice bloke he is. I was looking forward to a season without him fumbling every second cross ,and confusing his defenders. So another season of pass it back to Bolton and bomb it long?

The way this off-season is going with Aloisi's appointment, Milicic Goodwin Zahra departing, , Eli on the way out, the club is clearly going on the cheap.

The point of difference that mattered for me and many others is the way we play. With the players going or gone, the coaching staff we could end up in a massive hole next season

Bolton re-signing???!!!!!FFS the guy was past it 18 months ago regardless of what a nice bloke he is. I was looking forward to a season without him fumbling every second cross ,and confusing his defenders. So another season of pass it back to Bolton and bomb it long?

shit trolling mate. gtfo. Bolton is the best GK in the league

shit trolling mate. gtfo. Bolton is the best GK in the league

BWAHHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHA.

But I guess on the interwebs Guessing right on a penalty= Great 'keeper. Have a GOOD look at the goals he conceded. Have a look at his keeping on corners or crosses. Have a look at his inability to organise his defenders and communicate with them. Have a look at his lateness at coming off the line. Watch the first derby from last season and compare Covic to Bolton. Covic pulled off about half a dozen saves that would have had Bolton picking up the net. Bolton was a clown. A disaster waiting to happen.

Just becuase our reserve was worse doesn't make Bolton good.

He will be the laughing stock of the league if he's the number 1 keeper next season.

Bolton is a solid keeper, very good positioning & reflexes, but not the best handling under pressure & distribution. Better to have 2 quality keepers battling for the #1 spot than what we had last season.

most people arent disagreeing, but when the club claims 'THERE WILL BE AN ANNOUNCEMENT TOMORROW, WATCH THIS SPACE!' you expect something better than resigning a veteran keeper.

IMO Bolton was the best keeper last year.