Melbourne Football

MLS(Major League Soccer)

dRoy

You may be new to football so I'll be nice; until you see a player standing in front of your stadium with a scarf with his signanture on a contract, thats when you believe the rumours.

You may be new to football so I'll be nice; until you see a player standing in front of your stadium with a scarf with his signanture on a contract, thats when you believe the rumours. You may be new to MLS, so I'll be nice... :)

Where CFG will not make the same mistake, and garuntee he comes to melbourne for 10 game guest stint and not only four games.

Maybe they'll show him signing for New York, take a bunch of pictures with him in the jersey and put up billboards all over town....and then Manchester will remember they actually signed him at the last moment.  

Montreal already up 2-0 in 13 minutes in the Concacaf Champions League Semifinal 1st leg.  

If they can continue to score, they'll be one game away from the Concacaf Final. 

Club America got shocked by a small Costa Rica club and could be knocked out. 

That means Montreal would have an excellent chance of winning the whole thing. 

I know there's one Montreal fan here.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Impact through to the CONCACAF Champions League final despite going down 4-2 away in the second leg to Alajualense.

http://www.impactmontreal.com/en/news/2015/04/highlights-impact-eliminates-alajualense-and-reaches-champions-league-finals

Game was pretty epic.

It'll be so MLS if Montreal wins it all.  The worst team in the league the last couple of years winning the first CCL trophy in league history. 

That's how the WSW were last year right?   

When will Cosmos be allowed in?

Not likely anytime soon unless Red Bull sell and Cosmos buy in but that doesn't seem likely.  Cosmos ownership talked with MLS and didn't like what MLS offers. 

Cosmos and NASL are determined to unseat MLS as the top league in the country.  I don't think it will happen but its going to be pretty entertaining if they can keep the league together over the next few years.  They need to expand, they're non-existent on the West coast.  If they can get the league coast-to-coast, they might really be able to turn the heat up on MLS.  

http://www.capitalnewyork.com/article/media/2015/04/8565429/war-american-soccer-leagues-has-begun   

I'm actually hoping NASL succeeds in becoming an established league that's every bit the equal of MLS.   There' s legitimate dislike between the two leagues and their fans.  It'd make the US Open cup truly unique in world soccer.    

Impact through to the CONCACAF Champions League final despite going down 4-2 away in the second leg to Alajualense.

http://www.impactmontreal.com/en/news/2015/04/highlights-impact-eliminates-alajualense-and-reaches-champions-league-finals

Game was pretty epic.

It'll be so MLS if Montreal wins it all.  The worst team in the league the last couple of years winning the first CCL trophy in league history. 

WSW came out of the blocks firing and dominated their first two seasons, won the ACL with their first appearance. Its only this season that the wheels have fallen off.

Game was pretty epic.

I think Impact has a better side this season than last. Still not enough for a championship team but done well to get to the CONCACAF final and might snatch it.

Bush in goals is a bit suspect. I think a keeper for any top league side should have saved the last two let in against Alajualense. But you can only win the battle with the troops you have. Hopefully the final will go to Montreal.

Game was pretty epic.

I think Impact has a better side this season than last. Still not enough for a championship team but done well to get to the CONCACAF final and might snatch it.

Bush in goals is a bit suspect. I think a keeper for any top league side should have saved the last two let in against Alajualense. But you can only win the battle with the troops you have. Hopefully the final will go to Montreal.

Did you see how Club America got into the Final? 

Don't think Montreal has any chance.  

Game was pretty epic.

Did you see how Club America got into the Final? 

Don't think Montreal has any chance.  

Amateur's. 5-0 Montreal. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Highlights:

http://www.impactmontreal.com/en/news/2015/04/highlights-club-america-1-1-montreal

I was working whilst the game was played. A good result for Montreal but looked outplayed for most of it. I suspect there will be more goals in the second leg and so Impact can't rely on the away goal.

A very good result away from home.

Edit: A bit of controversy as well http://www.mlssoccer.com/ccl/news/article/2015/04/23/champions-league-montreal-impact-fume-after-controversial-call-keeps-club-am

Edited by Peter

• 2 months later...

Drogba signed for the Montreal Impact

http://www.impactmontreal.com/en/news/2015/07/impact-acquires-striker-didier-drogba

Along with Oduro and Jack McInerney, l'Impact have are developing a formidable strike force. I wonder if the formation will move away from the one striker deployed at the moment? Three doesn't go into one very well, especially with players of the quality of these guys.

I think Chicago and Montreal both came out of that deal pretty good.

Its good for Montreal to have a player like Drogba.  He'll sell some jerseys and get some people to buy some tickets even if he is old.

But Chicago got some financial compensation and Gilberto, who I think, at this point in Drogba's career, is better than Drogba. 

Win-win for them and loss for NYCFC because the East continues to bulk up.

I think Chicago and Montreal both came out of that deal pretty good.

Its good for Montreal to have a player like Drogba.  He'll sell some jerseys and get some people to buy some tickets even if he is old.

But Chicago got some financial compensation and Gilberto, who I think, at this point in Drogba's career, is better than Drogba. 

Win-win for them and loss for NYCFC because the East continues to bulk up.

If results are all you are after, then perhaps you see other teams getting stronger as a loss. The more competitive the league, then the better the standard of football overall.

A win-win-win I would say.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...