Melbourne Football

Vi7it0rs

Ando

1 hour ago, cadete said:

At an actual ground then yes... outside of the ground onĀ Game Day, or at their new arena of Antifa ProtestsĀ there would be at least a dozen incidents only slightly less serious.

I agree but you can't punish the franchise for events that happen outside the ground, the franchise has no control over this, it's solely a Police matter

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, belaguttman said:

I agree but you can't punish the franchise for events that happen outside the ground, the franchise has no control over this, it's solely a Police matter

The FFA may not view it as something than can punish clubs for but they def dont see it as solely a Police Matter... hence "The Banned are with Us Banner" that has been displayed in NT for at least as far back as MHFC were around.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Would have definitely taken him under the cap for us, but think hes overrated nevertheless. Bruce will do a better job imo

ehhh, it remains to be seen how good Kamau can be.

Troisi in full flight is probably one of the top 5 players in the league though imo.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nate said:

ehhh, it remains to be seen how good Kamau can be.

Troisi in full flight is probably one of the top 5 players in the league though imo.

Dont get me wrong, hes avery good player, but nowhere near top 10 imo. Perhaps top 20

EAD

http://www.melbournevictory.net/mvfc/?p=514

The list of restrictions obtained by For Vucks sakeĀ and revealed on last nightā€™s podcast threaten to destroy active support if implemented. The recommended constraints for this season are:

• No flags
  • No banners
  • Current NT leaders out
  • Facial recognition
  • Active supporters only able to enter the ground via a designated gate
  • Increased use of undercover police
  • Increased use sniffer dogs to detect flares

Ā 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, belaguttman said:

There need to be incentives for good behaviour otherwise the restrictions just fan resentment. Whilst the idea of punishment has some appeal the goal of the exercise is to bring about behaviour change.

Not just that bela, society should only punish the guilty, not the innocent. Ā 

I quote John Adams (1735-1826), amongst other things the 2nd president of the USA:

ā€œIt is more important that innocence be protected than it is that guilt be punished, for guilt and crimes are so frequent in this world that they cannot all be punished.
But if innocence itself is brought to the bar and condemned, perhaps to die, then the citizen will say, 'whether I do good or whether I do evil is immaterial, for innocence itself is no protection,' and if such an idea as that were to take hold in the mind of the citizen that would be the end of security whatsoever.ā€

To me the FFA broke Adam's rule when they cracked down on the 8 clubs who have normal people as supporters, they seem to have realised their mistake more recently thanks toĀ some reminding, let's hope they don't go back there again.Ā 

• Like 5

Ā 

HERALD SUN PICTORIAL 11/08/2016

PETER ROLFE

ANTI-hooligan measures by A-League soccer club Melbourne Victory will force fans to stand in assigned spaces at matches and carry photo IDs and club membership cards.A four-month internal review of the A-League giantā€™s members-only North End Active Area has approved the new ā€œminimum standardsā€™ā€™.Victory chief Ian Robson said that for the first time, spectators standing in the zone would have to stay in their allocated spaces rather than being able to cluster.ā€œWeā€™ve made it very clear that enough is enough,ā€™ā€™ Mr Robson said.A series of ugly incidents inside and outside Melbourne games last season has put Victory at risk of losing three premiership points if fans misbehave in the next six months.The club will also require members of supporter group North Terrace to show more leadership.In a bid to keep the minority of troublemakers more visible and more accountable, the entry, the identity and the location of supporters in the zone will be closely monitored.Mr Robson said the club was not restricting passionate behaviour by fans.ā€œWeā€™re just going to be more vigilant about how it is monitored,ā€™ā€™ he said.The club said its supporters must unite to remove flares and those who were ā€œinvolved in anti-social behaviourā€™ā€™.ā€œTo protect everything that is good about our club ā€¦ every part of the club needs to unite in championing the cause to remove flares and anti-social behaviour. We have reached a point where simply there can be no more tolerance,ā€™ā€™ it said.

Ā 

74% of original size (was 677x381) - Click to enlargef386cce3f2adf23d9bd4b35237c8d508?width=6

Ā It is hoped the combined moves will give police and security a better idea of who frequents the Active Area and prevent banned supporters from sneaking into the zone.The measures may also make it easier for authorities to identify law-breakers and bring them to justice.ā€œWe are committed to ensuring that any changes are sustainable and will help deter those that intend to break the law with anonymity and without consequences,ā€™ā€™ the club said.Football Federation Australia backed Victoryā€™s stance on troublemakers, in the interests of true fans of the beautiful game.ā€œFFA supports Melbourne Victoryā€™s work with their Active fan groups and (their) determination to provide a family-friendly environment,ā€™ā€™ FFA spokesman Kyle Patterson said.Victoria Policeā€™s Commander Russell Barrett said the force was also ā€œencouragedā€™ā€™ by Victoryā€™s ā€œcontinued attention to improving safety at their eventsā€™ā€™.Victoryā€™s three-point suspended sentence hangs over its head until February next year.

• Like 1

Very harsh. Good age good pedigree and decent playing history at some big clubs and national service.

The FFA are delusional if they think they can get better with all the money in the Chinese Leagues.

If it was any other team I would be pretty pissed.

56 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Very harsh. Good age good pedigree and decent playing history at some big clubs and national service.

The FFA are delusional if they think they can get better with all the money in the Chinese Leagues.

If it was any other team I would be pretty pissed.

I initially thought this, but the FFA have made it very clear the guest rule is there for high profile players. Its not the FFA's fault that some in the football public have just heard what they wanted to hear in that announcement and not actually listened to what was said.Ā Ā 

Edited by Dylan
  • Like 2