Vi7it0rs

Ando

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rGLvd6.png

Can't believe there are 18 and half thousand tools in Victoria

These are rather Irregular Stats if you ask me.

I wonder if anyone will understand...

You did Mr Malloy...im probably way way off but I was thinking of 'flying high'

Edited by Demon_Heart

Fans offered to buy stake in Melbourne Victory, with a stake going for as little as $500

A slice of Melbourne Victory is for sale with doors open to everyday fans to buy a stake in the club, for as little as $500.

The 35 per cent share-offering has been valued at just over $10m, which would price the A-League’s biggest club at $30m.

Professional services firm Deloitte, which is handling the share-offering, is commencing a national advertising campaign tomorrow in newspapers and online.

Though not being driven by the club, the ‘people’s club’ strategy clearly pits itself as the polar opposite of cross-town rivals self as the people’s club in the wake of Melbourne City’s $11.25m sale to Manchester City’s owner Sheik Mansour from the United Arab Emirates.

Former board members and long-time supporters and sponsors Robert Belteky and Harry Stamoulis - and several minority shareholders - are selling their shares.

Board member Mario Baisin, owner of Metricon Homes, is the club’s biggest shareholder while chairman Anthony Di Pietro will be a clear second with Stamoulis departing.

Contrary to suggestions the club may be sold to Liverpool or Asian investors, the decision was made to offer the shares to the public.

Victory _ an unlisted public company _ has just under 50 shareholders, many of whom joined when Geoff Lord was chairman, but that number is expected to grow after the share-offering.

“I stepped down from the board two years ago and my business is growing here and internationally and Harry is stepping down for similar reasons,’’ Belteky told the Herald Sun.

“It’s a chance for supporters of the club to have the opportunity to have a say in the future of the club by becoming a shareholder and owner of the club.

“The future of the game is bright, the league has never been stronger and in February FFA extended A-League licenses until 2034.’’

Whatever the outcome, Victory will finally have a definitive value.

A-League insiders _ Victory officials included _ were privately surprised that Melbourne Heart was sold for $11.25m, while many believe Paul Lederer and Paul Ramsay got Western Sydney Wanderers for a bargain at $11m.

Deloitte is pitching the 4.5m shares at $2-2.50, while they’re willing to negotiate with anyone seeking to buy more than 50,000 shares.

Victory, who are expected to exceed last season’s membership base of 22,021, are expected to post a $1m profit this year.

They made a $255,000 profit from about $14.4 million revenue in 2013.

:tooth:

rGLvd6.png

Can't believe there are 18 and half thousand tools in Victoria

These are rather Irregular Stats if you ask me. I wonder if anyone will understand... You did Mr Malloy... im probably way way off but I was thinking of 'flying high'

unless its just me, i cant believe those graphs make 3.1k Wellington fans equal to 7.1k at Newcastle.  mind you there dollar is cheap so hopefully there is something in it ....  :wub:

Edited by mattyh001

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/melbournes-new-derby-fans-club-v-city

:droy: good to know they're finally admitting they're the smaller club.

Lmao bunch of lil bitches.

The reason there aren't any private investors is because nobody can / wants / will compete with the powerhouse that is City group. Flogs are desperately trying to sell shares to the only people that give a shit about the insignificant Tasmanian team - their fans.

It's alright though, they can be our retarded and underprivileged brother who happens to be paraplegic, deaf, dumb and blind. Gotta love the little bro for the stupid shit he does like falling down a freight of stairs doing somersaults in his wheelchair and shit.

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/melbournes-new-derby-fans-club-v-city

:droy: good to know they're finally admitting they're the smaller club.

Lmao bunch of lil bitches.

The reason there aren't any private investors is because nobody can / wants / will compete with the powerhouse that is City group. Flogs are desperately trying to sell shares to the only people that give a shit about the insignificant Tasmanian team - their fans.

It's alright though, they can be our retarded and underprivileged brother who happens to be paraplegic, deaf, dumb and blind. Gotta love the little bro for the stupid shit he does like falling down a freight of stairs doing somersaults in his wheelchair and shit.

I for one never liked the idea of Heart going down the Fan Ownership Model...

I just don't see it as a great working model for a Sporting Club of a Sport that is not is the most popular sport in town... it also puts limits on the club's ability to grow at a faster rate.

I love their self righteous attitude regarding them being melbourne owned. I'm sure that attitude will keep them warm at night when we're winning titles.

The best clubs in the world have foreign owners. Not saying we're one of the best clubs in the w- nah I am we are the best

• Like 1

There previous shares sold from 50c to $1:70 , and now they think the club is worth 30M at $2-2.50 per share

The only people that would make that investment decision would be fans.

This is just 2 shareholders trying to cash out. 

Good luck to them  

There previous shares sold from 50c to $1:70 , and now they think the club is worth 30M at $2-2.50 per share

Good luck to them  

I have heard that some supporters have even turned to selling the contents of their wardrobes on Ebay to raise money to buy their share of the pie.

Good luck to them  

I have heard that some supporters have even turned to selling the contents of their wardrobes on Ebay to raise money to buy their share of the pie.

Probably still trying to offload their fluro Harry Kewell shirts.

• Like 2

Good luck to them  

I have heard that some supporters have even turned to selling the contents of their wardrobes on Ebay to raise money to buy their share of the pipe.

Fixed.

• Like 2

Good luck to them

You must be getting advice from Commonwealth Bank financial planners if you're thinking of investing in Melbourne Victory.

• Like 1

So are the a community club or a powerhouse? Talk about a club with an identity crisis!

Its up in the air,

Like whether the NT that is apparently coming back on Friday night really is the NT.

I heard its dandenong thunders supporter base, they make more noise apparently.