Melbourne Football

The "Where are they now?" thread

kingawesomeness

I've played a few positions over the years and I always remember right back being the easiest. Basically help out the winger ahead of you, track back a bit and hoof the ball when you have nothing on. If u cop a goal it's the CB or keepers fault.

Seems alot of professional players who cant hack their favored position turn into RBs, for good reason.

I've played a few positions over the years and I always remember right back being the easiest. Basically help out the winger ahead of you, track back a bit and hoof the ball when you have nothing on. If u cop a goal it's the CB or keepers fault.

Seems alot of professional players who cant hack their favored position turn into RBs, for good reason.

I second that.

It's like being a PE teacher.

You work at school but you're not really a teacher.

In the City system,  RB/LB are the hardest positions to play in. not only do you need to be a damn good defender, you neet to be as good as a winger in attack, becuase in the city way of playing, the width comes  not from wingers but from the fullbacks.  look how Zableta,Kolorov,clichy plays.. 

• Like 1

In the City system, RB/LB are the hardest positions to play in. not only do you need to be a damn good defender, you neet to be as good as a winger in attack, becuase in the city way of playing, the width comes not from wingers but from the fullbacks. look how Zableta,Kolorov,clichy plays.. so when are you guys gonna get proper fullbacks then?

In the City system, RB/LB are the hardest positions to play in. not only do you need to be a damn good defender, you neet to be as good as a winger in attack, becuase in the city way of playing, the width comes not from wingers but from the fullbacks. look how Zableta,Kolorov,clichy plays.. so when are you guys gonna get proper fullbacks then?

So these guys mentioned are not good enough for a team that won their second title in 3 years and are regular for their national team?  isee  

In the City system, RB/LB are the hardest positions to play in. not only do you need to be a damn good defender, you neet to be as good as a winger in attack, becuase in the city way of playing, the width comes not from wingers but from the fullbacks. look how Zableta,Kolorov,clichy plays..so when are you guys gonna get proper fullbacks then?

So these guys mentioned are not good enough for a team that won their second title in 3 years and are regular for their national team? isee They certainly don't compare to Rutten, Glass and Fletcher

Zabaleta is probably the second best right-back in the world at the moment behind Lahm.

Full-back positions are severely underrated imo.

It is easy to be an acceptable full back. It is hard to be a good full back.

As detailed above being a good full back requires much more than just good defending

Aziz started and played the full game for Bursaspor in their second qualifying round match for the Europa League. It ended 0-0

Bs1Y-WVCAAEakh-.jpg

- Extended highlights for those interested.

@ 71' minute (2:44 in the video), I believe its Behich with a great last ditch tackle.

@ 76' minute (3:04 in the video), great link up play down the left to create a half chance

Josip Tadic was signed by Sturm Graz (Austrian Bundesliga) last week.

Unused sub in their first league match which ended in a loss to newly promoted team Rheindorf Altach 1-0.

Surprising move as imo Sturm Graz is a slight step up from his previous clubs (Heart, Rijeka & Zadar) where he wasn't a lock for a starting position.

899408_1_GEPA_full_9304_GEPA-17071440006

Where's Gerhardt at? Couldn't find anything through a quick Google...

Probably still hanging out at Northcote Plaza.

Did see him in the VIP box at Melbourne Knights at the first derby this VPL season. I remember someone posting about him being friends with Frank Juric so I'm guessing that's why he was in there.