Melbourne Football

The "Where are they now?" thread

kingawesomeness

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Natty Akka came on as a 22nd minute sub against Celtic last night, and got a 7.8 on fotmob, the best of any player for Hearts. Seems he's doing OK...

You read it here first. Provided he can stay free of injury he'll end up in the English Championship somewhere.

On 27/01/2022 at 2:55 PM, jw1739 said:

You read it here first. Provided he can stay free of injury he'll end up in the English Championship somewhere.

Going by some of their fans on social media they think his epl quality after only seeing him for 2 games. Looks to defenitely made a good start over there. 

Unfortunate we have such strong RBs in the national team in..... *checks notes* Fran Karacic and Rhyan Grant, that he can't get selected 

54 minutes ago, neio said:

He is now at Nottingham Forest, apparently he was a part of getting Jenkinson to us

Interesting. Perhaps we underestimated him. We may not like the football he served us or the disruption under his watch (though I suspect it was a fight that needed to be had), but he seems to want to maintain the link and help us. That's assuming Jenkinson isn't bad news, and I don't think he is. With any luck he's cut from the same cloth as Richie de Laet.

44 minutes ago, Nate said:

How about Noone's worldy against the Mariners last night, wowza

We should never have let him go. He had a couple of periods with us when he was down, but overall he was one of our best. Ex-EPL - good scoring and assist record, what were we thinking? Better than Leckie and Pucciarelli rolled into one.

• Like 2

On evidence so far absolutely poor call.

I think the logic was that Leckie would be as good if not better.

And secondly gives us option of bringing in another quality Visa and basically replaced Garruccio (not positionally more as squad quota)

So far on all accounts a big balls up.

Obviously post season will be a definitive evaluation. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jovan said:

On evidence so far absolutely poor call.

I think the logic was that Leckie would be as good if not better.

And secondly gives us option of bringing in another quality Visa and basically replaced Garruccio (not positionally more as squad quota)

So far on all accounts a big balls up.

Obviously post season will be a definitive evaluation. 

If also speculate that the fact he is Melbourne born was another appeal to bringing him here. 

6 minutes ago, n i k o said:

If also speculate that the fact he is Melbourne born was another appeal to bringing him here. 

True, and building a current socceroo front 3. 

But still Noone has continued producing.

I've not written off Leckie, i still feel he is about to explode.

I'm more sceptical on Pucci, he is looking more and more like O'halloran. Probably can play but never really did.

13 minutes ago, Jovan said:

True, and building a current socceroo front 3. 

But still Noone has continued producing.

I've not written off Leckie, i still feel he is about to explode.

I'm more sceptical on Pucci, he is looking more and more like O'halloran. Probably can play but never really did.

Yep that too. I just miss the times Noone would get the ball and something would happen in an attacking sense. 

It's Friday so it must be time for a rant. For me this is not just a club matter, but it's an APL matter as well. IMO the league as a whole has lost the plot on visa and marquee players. IIRC both of these categories were designed to bring bums-on-seats drawcard quality to the league, and we had players such as Dwight Yorke, Del Piero, Shinji Ono, David Villa, Tim Cahill and so on, and more who were less successful than those I have named. But what I see now is that these positions are used more as an opportunity to sign pretty ordinary players. What's more there seems no intent anymore to use these players as publicity material for the game. The last real publicity I recall from City were the Tim Cahill posters that appeared in bus shelters around the area where I live. I'll accept that COVID makes bums-on-seats much more difficult, but IMO we've degraded what marquee and visa players should be about.

4 hours ago, Mr MO said:

You remember PK was obsessed bringing him on in the 65th minute as a winger!?

I reckon that was solely to give him game time to placate him rather than anything strategic. I believe BG was meant to be Jamo's replacement, but Jamo didn't decline as quick as expected.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mattyh001 said:

Richard Garcia has been sacked by the Glory. Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke ......

12 minutes ago, citypool said:

What happened?

the guy sold us out for the cash, they finally figured out he's shite, who'd of thought ....

Dean Bouzanis' Sutton United beaten 4-2 AET by Rotherham in the Final of the EFL Trophy at Wembley. Sutton led 2-1 until Rotherham's dramatic equaliser 6 minutes into injury time to take the match into extra time.

Edited by jw1739