Melbourne Football

The "Where are they now?" thread

kingawesomeness

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

https://ccmariners.com.au/news/six-players-depart-mariners-ranks?fbclid=IwAR3koOaYcjtg2i_tsIhdgdtQ230ODZcvk0piJecZDUDWa7A5eoMrO3Rz_so

Ruon Tongyik and Ollie Bozanic have both been released by CCM.  given Tongyik has played for the Socceroos in the last 12-18 months, it seems a bit odd.  maybe got a better offer elsewhere?

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, neio said:

Dean Bouzanis has signed with Reading in the Championship. Massive effort to get from conference football to there in a couple of seasons 

I'd still take Bouzanis in goals over Glover. 

36 minutes ago, neio said:

Dean Bouzanis has signed with Reading in the Championship. Massive effort to get from conference football to there in a couple of seasons 

Three-year contract. They have 4 GKs on their books. Their no. 1 could be Joe Lumley on a season's loan from Middlesbrough, but it will be interesting to see. I'll keep an eye on them. Watched Reading for 3 seasons back in the "old days."

1 hour ago, Jovan said:

100% means we have a new starting keeper coming in.

Even if that was the good news coming, if possible I would have loved to have kept Taleb (our own) and not renewed with Sutton (not our own).

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Jovan said:

100% means we have a new starting keeper coming in.

Unless Glover is going somewhere else I really cannot see this happening. Three full-time professionals and a Scholarship GK in an A-League GK group is overload.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Le Hack said:

Just as well that we have someone to cover CB with Griffths gone! I thought he was decent and played for the shirt too not like some numpty visas who come for a holiday. If we're bringing someone in then he better turn out better than Jenko.

I'd say we Already have. 

Talbot basically replaced Jenkinson. He like Galloway can play either side of fullback and with Jamieson and Bos, IMO we have decent options. 

I think we still need another keeper and a central ball playing midfielder. 

• Like 4