Melbourne Football

The "Where are they now?" thread

kingawesomeness

The much maligned Dean Bouzanzis was first choice keeper for Sutton United this season,Ā who went on to winĀ the ā€œNational Leagueā€ and thus next season,Ā for theĀ first time in their 123 year history, will play in The Football League proper.

update.

He was an ever present and conceded just 36 goals in 42 games.

Edited by Shahanga
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

The season is finished there or not? Loan expired or cut short?

Not sure. He played in AGF's past two matches, the latest on 29th May, a play-off match to determine which club plays in next season's Europa Conference League.

43 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Not sure. He played in AGF's past two matches, the latest on 29th May, a play-off match to determine which club plays in next season's Europa Conference League.

Europe is pretty much done, the Euros are starting. I wonā€™t be surprised if the loan was until 31st of May.Ā 

42 minutes ago, citypool said:

Ramy with a great goal for the olyroos last nightĀ 

Score?

I watched the first half (0-0)Ā then called it a night. We had all the ball but poor positioning/movement meant we were struggling to break them down much. Amarnakos hitting the post was the highlight.

4 hours ago, citypool said:

Ramy with a great goal for the olyroos last nightĀ 

Following on from that I note Ramy received the highest player rating on the website I was looking at. IMO we'd be foolish to let him leave the club after the loan period.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Following on from that I note Ramy received the highest player rating on the website I was looking at. IMO we'd be foolish to let him leave the club after the loan period.

Do you know when his City contract is up @jw1739?

im sure the plan was to keep him if he had a good season (otherwise why re-sign him and loan him) so I expect weā€™ll try to retain him.

Will he want to stay? If our wing options were Nabbout/Leckie, Noone and Tilio*Ā he mayĀ be concerned about game time. As we donā€™t play a #10 (in my view) he canā€™t play there and I would think he would be well behind Luna or Metcalfe in the #8 pecking order.

* If Ramy returns Iā€™dĀ loan out Cola. Heā€™s 22 next year and needs to start playing.

For me i'd sell him if anyone came asking, provided we got something (anything)Ā in return. He's got something, but as @ShahangaĀ has said its not the position we play and tbh he hasnt shown anywhere near enough for me to promote him to our first XI, or even 15. He seems pretty ineffective as anything but a 10 to me.
And look tbh, i doubt he would want to come back to us at this point of his career for those exact reasons. No point wallowing on the bench.
Im happy to keep him on as a squaddie but i really dont see him playing much of a role with us at present.Ā 
Najjar not even worth persisting with imo.

Edited by bt50

15 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Do you know when his City contract is up @jw1739?

im sure the plan was to keep him if he had a good season (otherwise why re-sign him and loan him) so I expect weā€™ll try to retain him.

Will he want to stay? If our wing options were Nabbout/Leckie, Noone and Tilio*Ā he mayĀ be concerned about game time. As we donā€™t play a #10 (in my view) he canā€™t play there and I would think he would be well behind Luna or Metcalfe in the #8 pecking order.

* If Ramy returns Iā€™dĀ loan out Cola. Heā€™s 22 next year and needs to start playing.

Both Najjar and Najjarine have another year/season to run with us on their contracts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bt50 said:

For me i'd sell him if anyone came asking, provided we got something (anything)Ā in return. He's got something, but as @ShahangaĀ has said its not the position we play and tbh he hasnt shown anywhere near enough for me to promote him to our first XI, or even 15. He seems pretty ineffective as anything but a 10 to me.
And look tbh, i doubt he would want to come back to us at this point of his career for those exact reasons. No point wallowing on the bench.
Im happy to keep him on as a squaddie but i really dont see him playing much of a role with us at present.Ā 
Najjar not even worth persisting with imo.

Wow, even for you @bt50Ā that's a big call IMO. Keep an Olyroo who's just turned 21 as a squaddie?

12 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Wow, even for you @bt50Ā that's a big call IMO. Keep an Olyroo who's just turned 21 as a squaddie?

Well i dont really rate him that highly, and most people i converse with re A LeagueĀ dont either. I certainly dont see the Olyroos as any sort of panacea either, it was only 9 or so months ago Sydney belted them and there has been plenty of players go through that squad that couldnt cut it in the A League, let alone star in it.
Im happy to keep him for another year and see what he does, but i dont envisage hes more than a bit part player in our current team and system and he has no market value unless hes out and playing.

• Like 2

Did anyone watch the Olyroos match this morning? By all reports Arzani and Najjarine played quite well.

EDIT: Also, Nicolas Colazo has signed for some Argentianian side (cf. his Twitter) - only 30 years old, he could have been an elite A-League player if he stayed long term imo.

Edited by Deluka

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Missing_Moy said:

Feel sorry for him but the first couldā€™ve been a Red and the 2nd was dumb live havenā€™t seen a replay

Fuck him heā€™s opposition now,Ā studs up in both challenges- deserved to be drinking šŸµĀ Ā now.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...