Melbourne Football

The "Where are they now?" thread

kingawesomeness

• 3 weeks later...

Celtic have reportedly set a price for defender Jack Hendry. Birmingham Live, citing 90min.com, says the Scottish giants could sell the 25-year-old this summer for around £10million with Aston Villa, Wolves, Brighton and Burnley all believed to be interested in his signature.

https://www.newschainonline.com/sport/mens-sport/football/football-rumours-from-the-media-121047

1 hour ago, haz said:

Celtic have reportedly set a price for defender Jack Hendry. Birmingham Live, citing 90min.com, says the Scottish giants could sell the 25-year-old this summer for around £10million with Aston Villa, Wolves, Brighton and Burnley all believed to be interested in his signature.

https://www.newschainonline.com/sport/mens-sport/football/football-rumours-from-the-media-121047

Well he looked good, but that's steep money for a player not good enough to be playing for his parent club, and on loan in Belgium? 

36 minutes ago, Harrison said:

Anthony Lesiotis on the way back to Melbourne. Old mate Dave Lewis thinks he could wind up with us, Victory a lot more likely though. 

Id be shocked if he ended up with us tbh. Not really up to it and we have better 'prospects' in terms of young players.

Because he is young automatically hits 1 trigger point.

Because he played for us before hits trigger point 2.

He just needs to hit trigger point 3 before total outrage gets posted.

Trigger piint 3 , is that he has played a decent game for somebody else during a period when we look average. 

I'm not anti yoof but this kid has a lot to do before he should even be discussed. 

While I'm on the topic how have old mate Genreau and Najjarine going lately.

Should we get them back instead of Noone Nabbout and Berenguer???

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jovan said:

Because he is young automatically hits 1 trigger point.

Because he played for us before hits trigger point 2.

He just needs to hit trigger point 3 before total outrage gets posted.

Trigger piint 3 , is that he has played a decent game for somebody else during a period when we look average. 

I'm not anti yoof but this kid has a lot to do before he should even be discussed. 

While I'm on the topic how have old mate Genreau and Najjarine going lately.

Should we get them back instead of Noone Nabbout and Berenguer???

Don’t you knock my boy Denis! 

Just now, Shahanga said:

Great goal to Pierias. He is developing well.

Ultimately our powers that be decided Atkinson was the better of the two. 

And whilst i like pierias, i dont think we got it wrong either.

Worth noting the club didnt 'let him go' so much as he left for more opportunities at another club. No shame in that from either party imo and goes with the territory of stockpiling the best juniors.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Shahanga said:

Great goal to Pierias. He is developing well.

Ultimately our powers that be decided Atkinson was the better of the two. 

I'm comfortable with that decision. I really enjoy watching Pierias play, but if I had the choice of both of them as a RB, I'm taking Nat. Unfortunately we couldn't keep 2 young players who play same position who are ready to start

14 minutes ago, bt50 said:

And whilst i like pierias, i dont think we got it wrong either.

Worth noting the club didnt 'let him go' so much as he left for more opportunities at another club. No shame in that from either party imo and goes with the territory of stockpiling the best juniors.

Yes.

in the real world they can’t keep or provide opportunities to everyone, so decisions need to be made. I just hope we can get about 80% right. 
If you consider DP a winger (as an alternative), we effectively had him behind Najjarine, Colakovski and Najjar. (Wales was that bit older, so doesn’t count in my book). Time will tell if we were right.

Anyway it’s great he could get an A League gig due to the expansion and not be cast off into the NPL wastelands. 

On 14/03/2021 at 9:26 PM, Shahanga said:

Yes.

in the real world they can’t keep or provide opportunities to everyone, so decisions need to be made. I just hope we can get about 80% right. 
If you consider DP a winger (as an alternative), we effectively had him behind Najjarine, Colakovski and Najjar. (Wales was that bit older, so doesn’t count in my book). Time will tell if we were right.

Anyway it’s great he could get an A League gig due to the expansion and not be cast off into the NPL wastelands. 

Was never the clubs decision to either keep or let him go. They offered him a contract but as we now know he turned it down. He's scored 5 goals most from RB and only started 6 or so games. I think we got it wrong tbh. 

17 minutes ago, AXIOM said:

Was never the clubs decision to either keep or let him go. They offered him a contract but as we now know he turned it down. He's scored 5 goals most from RB and only started 6 or so games. I think we got it wrong tbh. 

Right Back?

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Shahanga said:

Classy. 
Has his football turned a corner? 

I don't think Wales deserved the continual criticism that he received on here. It was the revered Mombaerts who persevered with him and kept starting him so he saw something in him. His final ball or shot was the issue, and we could say the same about our current starting RW, but don't.

Wales is maturing as a player, and I'm pleased to see that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

I don't think Wales deserved the continual criticism that he received on here. It was the revered Mombaerts who persevered with him and kept starting him so he saw something in him. His final ball or shot was the issue, and we could say the same about our current starting RW, but don't.

Wales is maturing as a player, and I'm pleased to see that.

His passing and shooting were remedial level. Anyway he’s clearly been working on that and is much better. Not many guys have his pace or dribbling ability though.

He started 14 games in 27 league appearances last year. Not sure that’s a regular?