Melbourne Football

The "Where are they now?" thread

kingawesomeness

I'll take it with a grain of salt. Not a blemish not all.  

Firstly he has zero past behaviour like this, ZERO. Next thing you need to question is the super lefty New York "me too" environment. Its out of control. The girl claimed Villa touched her everyday for 4 years? Really? 4 years of getting sexually harassed and you suddenly come up 6 years later? Oh the stigma? Bullshit, there is no stigma, in fact its the opposite, she's getting nothing but love and sympathy from the media. Next thing you need to do is just look that this ugly bitch with a fucking bullring and giant hoop earrings. The icing on the cake is the fact that she made the allegation on twitter! Hahaha! The bitch probably got fired and she was dirty. 

There is zero evidence of this shit, just a spastic on twitter and a generic damage control type statement from the club. Yawl got sucked in. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HeartFc said:

I'll take it with a grain of salt. Not a blemish not all.  

Firstly he has zero past behaviour like this, ZERO. Next thing you need to question is the super lefty New York "me too" environment. Its out of control. The girl claimed Villa touched her everyday for 4 years? Really? 4 years of getting sexually harassed and you suddenly come up 6 years later? Oh the stigma? Bullshit, there is no stigma, in fact its the opposite, she's getting nothing but love and sympathy from the media. Next thing you need to do is just look that this ugly bitch with a fucking bullring and giant hoop earrings. The icing on the cake is the fact that she made the allegation on twitter! Hahaha! The bitch probably got fired and she was dirty. 

There is zero evidence of this shit, just a spastic on twitter and a generic damage control type statement from the club. Yawl got sucked in. 

Look at the risk of being slapped down as a super leftie SJW white knight ........ I'm just going to put it out there that your post came across as if its written by a sexist 13 year old kid. Whilst I think there are valid points to be made you could maybe improve the way in which you make them. Anyway I'm not up for a fight on the internet or real life just something you might consider reflecting on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, wombegongal said:

Look at the risk of being slapped down as a super leftie SJW white knight ........ I'm just going to put it out there that your post came across as if its written by a sexist 13 year old kid. Whilst I think there are valid points to be made you could maybe improve the way in which you make them. Anyway I'm not up for a fight on the internet or real life just something you might consider reflecting on.

Also whether we males like it or not, it is pretty clear that there are a lot of females out there who find it very difficult to "come out" and actually talk about this sort of thing. There's a bad apple in every box, but that doesn't mean than this complainant is one of them. And I don't believe that NYCFC would drag a big-name player's name through the mud like this if it was not satisfied that the complaints were genuine.

As I said, so sad for everyone involved.

3 hours ago, wombegongal said:

Who cares how I said it, I gave a different perspective and might have given some facts that people were not aware of. Maybe you should reflect on the fact that this is a massive trend in America and its been exposed over and over. Think critically and maybe go against the grain for once in your life. 

You're not taking a risk and being slapped down for anything, you are the status quo. 

Edited by HeartFc

2 hours ago, belaguttman said:

My professional job is dealing, in the main, with the impact of years of abuse in all forms on traumatised men and women. @HeartFc your comments are uninformed and incorrect

So I guess a race car driver can argue with a cop about how a kid slammed into a power pole, everyone has a different perspective. I'm happy to discuss the facts and why you believe a women on twitter taken as hard evidence against David Villa, his teams mate and staff. I can't be incorrect or uninformed based on your opinion. 

Edited by HeartFc

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

a lot of females out there who find it very difficult to "come out" and actually talk about this sort of thing. 

I agree and thats why when a woman chooses the most toxic and public forum to announce it, I become a little suspicious. 

Her claims were pretty serious:  pinned up against walls, dry humping, groped by old men while people watched and laughed and of course touched "every day for 4 years".

It is possible that she got some shitty comments and a tap on the bum? Maybe and thats not cool but the media has been irresponsible with their reaction towards Villa. Like I mentioned, this is a trend in America and many cases have been proven to be pure fabrications, most of which started with a tweet. 

I'm simply more informed on the topic of "Me too" hoaxes then most people,  so naturally, everyone on the forum thinks I'm some nutcase who hates women. 

1 hour ago, HeartFc said:

So I guess a race car driver can argue with a cop about how a kid slammed into a power pole, everyone has a different perspective. I'm happy to discuss the facts and why you believe a women on twitter taken as hard evidence against David Villa, his teams mate and staff. I can't be incorrect or uninformed based on your opinion. 

The problem is not with your opinion, its with how you said it

1 hour ago, belaguttman said:

The problem is not with your opinion, its with how you said it

Bingo.

@HeartFc I would also note with a laugh that you seem to have stereotyped me, the blm movement and this woman in a couple of sweeping statements. It seems you are employing the exact identity politics you think you are rebelling against. Anyways that's it from me, all I'm asking is keep it civil and constructive.

1 hour ago, Shahanga said:

Who knows what happened. In this day and age too many people are happy to join social media pile ons about things they know nothing about, often having just read a precise of a precise. I’m giving the whole thing a wide berth.

Always good to get a woman's perspective on issues like these.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, wombegongal said:

Bingo.

@HeartFc I would also note with a laugh that you seem to have stereotyped me, the blm movement and this woman in a couple of sweeping statements. It seems you are employing the exact identity politics you think you are rebelling against. Anyways that's it from me, all I'm asking is keep it civil and constructive.

How about you stick to the topic, you're pretty boring.

8 hours ago, belaguttman said:

It's nt about identity politics, it's about expressing your opinion in a respectful way

...like this, for example

Ok so you're upset I used a naughty word. Now that we've established that, anyone want to debate the actual topic? Joe Biden did what was claimed by ms bullring on camera to children and the media didn't go near it... why is that?

9 hours ago, HeartFc said:

Ok so you're upset I used a naughty word. Now that we've established that, anyone want to debate the actual topic? Joe Biden did what was claimed by ms bullring on camera to children and the media didn't go near it... why is that?

@HeartFc This thread is not the place to debate that.

If you want a sensible discussion thread on sexual harassment and accusations thereof please start one in the Club Room sub-forum.

6 hours ago, jw1739 said:

@HeartFc This thread is not the place to debate that.

If you want a sensible discussion thread on sexual harassment and accusations thereof please start one in the Club Room sub-forum.

I'm the only one who actually discussed the raised topic regarding a former footballer but ok.

Here I am thinking a brash counter argument may spark the reason an internet forum actually exists, robust debate. Seems politically correct little platitudes are valued higher than discussing the facts surrounding the topic at large. 

On 23/11/2020 at 9:43 AM, jw1739 said:

Poor old Deano. It seems that at whatever level he plays at he's really not quite up to it.

Wrexham 4 Sutton United 0

"...Four minutes later Goodliffe’s attempted header back to Bouzanis saw Thomas outjump the keeper and head the ball in to the unguarded net to round off the victory..."

22 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

Wow, what a poor standard game. It just shows, when your positioning is poor, you'll get punished at any level

That's former Manchester City EDS player James Horsfield at RB for Wrexham. He's the lad who came to Bundoora for 6-8 weeks for overseas experience but didn't actually play for us. No-one ever said why but it may have been because of the "Lampard Rule." 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, belaguttman said:

Wow, what a poor standard game. It just shows, when your positioning is poor, you'll get punished at any level

And that's the fifth tier of English football. And I didn't know until today that Wrexham is the oldest club in Wales and is the third-oldest professional football club in the world.

Daniel Arzani scored the opener in the 57th minute for Jong Utrecht, but they then shipped 4 in a 4-1 loss to Shayon Harrison's Almere City in the Dutch 2nd Division. 

Harrison didn't get off the pine and is out of favour after a good start when he signed for them last season and couldn't stop scoring.

28 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I reckon Harrison was OK for us. Would have liked to see him stay.

I’m concerned about his career a little, he should have a club - very strange. I’m wondering if he’s making it difficult for himself in either being open to offers, clubs and locations.

1 hour ago, Mr MO said:

I’m concerned about his career a little, he should have a club - very strange. I’m wondering if he’s making it difficult for himself in either being open to offers, clubs and locations.

Shayon Harrison is with Almere City. 

12 hours ago, mus-28 said:

Daniel Arzani scored the opener in the 57th minute for Jong Utrecht, but they then shipped 4 in a 4-1 loss to Shayon Harrison's Almere City in the Dutch 2nd Division. 

Harrison didn't get off the pine and is out of favour after a good start when he signed for them last season and couldn't stop scoring.

He (Shey) wasn’t A work horse. Perhaps that trait has led to him falling foul of his gaffer?

• 3 weeks later...