Melbourne Football

The "Where are they now?" thread

kingawesomeness

1 hour ago, mus-28 said:

Wazza is back, assisting Paul Scholes as interim manager at Salford.

He might be a decent assistant. Get the boys in shape etc etc, just keep him out of the tactical discussions. 

“You’ve only got 4 defenders Paul, maybe squeeze in about 3 or 4 more”

Edited by Shahanga
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, IssySG said:

Ritchie De Laet’s side Royal Antwerp beat Tottenham 1-0 in the Europa League this morning! Ritchie played the full 90.

Our Striker 💘

Makes me sad when I remember all the good players we've had and are no longer in our colours. If only we had more local money put into the game we could have a vibrant league and watch good football.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, The Aardvark said:

Delianov off to Adelaide. Three clubs already and only 21. 

13 hours ago, Jovan said:

Keepers are slightly different.

From memory Redmayne was at a few before he got games.

You've bang on; Redmayne took a while. 

It didn't help last season that Delano did knee so early in the piece. 

The fact he's competing with other youngsters is good too. 

1 hour ago, kingofhearts said:

He wants more money then what he's worth. The club are calling his bluff, as no other club are interested in him.

Surely other clubs are interested but not for the price he wants perhaps. He will be missing a big chunk of preseason with any A-League club if he isn’t careful.

2 hours ago, n i k o said:

Maybe he thought red cards increase his value. 

Or some of the fans calling for Socceroo duties and future City captaincy has gotten to his head. But more than likely he was out of contract and the other CBs still had some years left whilst also being better football players, that all in combination with lower salary cap - unfortunate.

Edited by Mr MO

26 minutes ago, CityBoyz said:

Guy we got cause we didn’t get Rojas how well that turned out left us cause he was homesick and 3 months later is back in the Aleague. 🐍 

I don’t believe he left due to homesickness. Covid hit, wanted to be home in Spain and just like some others refused to take a pay cut.

It reads to me that we told him we weren't going to retain him and he "agreed" to go. If he had asked for a release then it would have been the club that "mutually" agreed to release him.

Personally I don't care too much. Nice player but nothing really special. Aged 32 and he doesn't look over-healthy to me. I'm more sorry that Genreau has left.

I wouldn't feel to betrayed, he went home for family reasons in the middle of a worldwide pandemic, and considering the situation of the world he could be forgiven for bailing on a season that seemed touch and go as to whether or not it finished anyway. 

Also he was severely underwhelming with us, seemed very much like a cream player and while he showed some of his quality he was barely ever one of the more influential players on the pitch. 

1 minute ago, neio said:

I havnt seen it mentioned anywhere but Gianluca Ianucci has been named in Victory ACL squad, so he has obviously moved on from our youth squad

Club emailed he'd been released a few months back, but its only just become apparent where he ended up.

New York City FC said it found "inappropriate and unacceptable" behavior after concluding its investigation into allegations of sexual harassment made by a former employee against former NYCFC forward David Villa and some others with the club.

Well I hope he wasn't doing this in Melbourne too.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/new-york-city-fc/story/4227808/nycfc-reports-unacceptable-behavior-after-investigation-into-sexual-harassment-allegations