Melbourne Football

The "Where are they now?" thread

kingawesomeness

Had a thought about a few triallists who came and went, especially before 2010/11 kicked off, and wondered what they're doing now. I'll update this as we get answers for different players.

Gouramangi Singh - CB for Churchill Brothers in I-League. 55 caps for India national team with 5 goals. Played in the 2011 AFC Asian Cup.

Theo Markelis - ?Currently with Vincenza Calcio in Italy. Part of the AFC U19 champion team (along with Eli Babalj, Kamal Ibrahim, Klim Taseski and others)

Kim Sung-Kil - Played in the match against Whittlesea Zebras and scored. ?Currently a free agent after a one-match stint with GCU in 2011.

Jean-Charles Dubois - Scored 2 against Port Melbourne. Currently playing in the VPL with ?South Melbourne.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

Thought I read somewhere that Dubois is in Thailand?

Good thread KA. Always thought we might have made a mistake with Gouramangi...getting an Indian player on board would do wonders for our attendances.

Roff. Maybe if it was Sachin Tendulkar

• Like 1

Theo Markelis - ?Currently with Vincenza Calcio in Italy. Part of the AFC U19 champion team (along with Eli Babalj, Kamal Ibrahim, Klim Taseski and others)

Theo is currently a mainstay in the Vicenza Primavera (youth team) line up. Playing 70 mins to full matches weekly. Don't have proper stats, but I would say he is scoring once every 3 matches. Not sure about whether he would move back to Australia just yet. There are three Aussie boys in the same team, and in an interview piece I am writing soon (keep an eye out at lanerossidownunder.blogspot.com.au ) the boys are keen to break into Italian and European leagues before they come home. Will keep you posted.

Slightly off topic, but there is an absolute gun of a player in the same side, Liam Graham, New Zealander, defender/defensive midfield, goes forward and can score. I imagine he will make it big in Europe, but one to watch.

He is only 19 now, and has spent two seasons at Vicenza Primavera. So he was at Valencia B from ages 14 - 17 (roughly)?

Indeed, he signed with Valencia when he was 14. See http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/news-display/Aussies-Abroad-Theo-making-his-mark/46140

However, his move to Italy was at his own request and he had two years of his Valencia contract to run.

Theo is currently a mainstay in the Vicenza Primavera (youth team) line up. Playing 70 mins to full matches weekly. Don't have proper stats, but I would say he is scoring once every 3 matches. Not sure about whether he would move back to Australia just yet. There are three Aussie boys in the same team, and in an interview piece I am writing soon (keep an eye out at lanerossidownunder.blogspot.com.au ) the boys are keen to break into Italian and European leagues before they come home. Will keep you posted.

i know 1 of the boys there

and I do not like him

Edited by malloy
overly offensive behaviour

Good thread KA. Always thought we might have made a mistake with Gouramangi...getting an Indian player on board would do wonders for our attendances.

Wait are you actually implying that not signing him was a mistake??!?!

The guy is a fucking retard. Lachy played better on AAMI Park than that cunt ever would.

• Like 2

Theo and his brother both played in Spain from a young age. His older brother was playing for Whittelsea on last check. Saw Theo trial for us first season, wasn't good enough at the time IMO, but from what I heard the club did have some interest in him but he preffered to return to Europe. This was after he was released from Valencia, he then moved to Vincenza.

Edited by Tesla

• 1 month later...

Changed the title to "Where are they now" so it encompasses all ex-Heart players.

Gerald Sibon played his last professional match last night for SC Heerenveen against Feyenoord in a 3-2 defeat.

Sibon was instrumental in Heerenveen's second goal, but the match ended in a bizarre fashion with neither team attacking in the final five minutes and the game stopped before injury time. A loss for Heerenveen would see them enter the Europa league, whereas a draw would only see them enter at the qualifying stages. Sibon was a substitute in the had a free header in the 82nd minute when Heerenveen were 3-1 down, but could only put his shot straight at the keeper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVgUeek1cJs

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Up in cairns at the moment, and caught the tail end of a news segment on the local football and they mentioned Wayne Shroj. Unfortunately I missed the context but I know he's from up this way, perhaps he's no longer training with the Heart and is/has moved home. Anyone heard anything on this?

Rutger Worm has signed for Willem II back in Holland

They're back in the Eredivisie after getting promoted via the play-offs. Rutger will be playing alongside former Newcastle Jets flop Donny de Groot, who's been banging the goals in at RKC and now Willem II since he left the Jets, bloke obviously had some talent.

• 1 month later...

Wayne Srhoj signed for FNQ Bulls during the June transfer window, however left the club shortly afterwards for a reason that I haven't been able to find.

They may well have realized he is pure and utter shite as a footballer and offloaded him. I'd rather Hoffman and I enjoy watching him play about as much as I'd enjoy recieving a prostate exam from Michael J Fox

Rutger Worm has signed for Willem II back in Holland

Really highlights how poor the quality is towards the bottom of the Eredevise.

They may well have realized he is pure and utter shite as a footballer and offloaded him. I'd rather Hoffman and I enjoy watching him play about as much as I'd enjoy recieving a prostate exam from Michael J Fox

Shroj is a pretty decent player, should have gotten another A-League gig, and a far better player than Hoffman.

They're back in the Eredivisie after getting promoted via the play-offs. Rutger will be playing alongside former Newcastle Jets flop Donny de Groot, who's been banging the goals in at RKC and now Willem II since he left the Jets, bloke obviously had some talent.

Donny just didn't get the service, actually, let's be realistic, he probably just wanted to leave Newcastle as soon as fucking possible after singing the contract overseas, 90% of foreigners flop @ Newcastle. That Ritter bloke won't even last the season, Ribiero won't last a game.