Melbourne Football

The "Where are they now?" thread

kingawesomeness

On 7/31/2016 at 5:04 PM, n i k o said:

Ah yes. The good old 'when' he becomes an Australian citizen reasoning. 

From his Facebook on March 9th:

I would like to Announce that my family and I are finally an Australian Residents. I can't wait for all the good things to come.
I have no words to thanks Avondale F.C. for made this happen and also thanks to the Big Man Dino Strano, Simone Dickenson, Ismail Ozsoy, Anthony Barbieri and Melbourne city for help me with everything they could. 
And off course all my friends and my beautiful family here and in Argentina aswell for be always there for us!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mus-28 said:

From his Facebook on March 9th:

I would like to Announce that my family and I are finally an Australian Residents. I can't wait for all the good things to come.
I have no words to thanks Avondale F.C. for made this happen and also thanks to the Big Man Dino Strano, Simone Dickenson, Ismail Ozsoy, Anthony Barbieri and Melbourne city for help me with everything they could. 
And off course all my friends and my beautiful family here and in Argentina aswell for be always there for us!!!

ZEbPknx.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tesla said:

I've said it before, I see the standard in SA as equivalent to the first season of the A-League. So Brown should be a good player.

As a matter of interest how on earth would you know that? (not saying you're wrong, curious how you keep up with these obscure leagues)

Indian Super League - Kerala Blasters announce Aaron Hughes as marquee player for ISL 2016

Hughes joins Kerala Blasters as their marquee player

28-Jul-2016 12:49:21

The former Newcastle United and Aston Villa center-back will don the yellow of Sachin Tendulkar's Kerala Blasters in the third edition of the competition..

Kerala Blasters have secured the services of Northern Ireland international defender, Aaron Hughes for the third season of the Indian Super League (ISL). The 36 year-old joins the Sachin Tendulkar co-owned franchise as a marquee. 

Hughes, an English Premier League veteran has over 205 league appearances for Newcastle United and close to 200 appearances for London based former Premier Club Fulham. He has also been a key figure in the Northern Ireland national team set-up with over a hundred appearances. 

The Cookstown-born six footer arrives a player who has a taste for the big occassions as the Blasters needed. He was part of the Fulham team that carved their way to UEFA Europa League final, in 2010, against Atletico Madrid - only to lose in extra-time.

Hughes also gained his 100th international cap for the Norn Iron at the recently concluded Euro 2016 tournament, held in France. 

His last league stint came in Australia for Manchester City sister club Melbourne City FC. He made six appearances in the A-League. Hughes replaces Carlos Marchena, who was the 2015 marquee for ISL franchise, although he made just a solitary apperance for the Tuskers. 

Earlier this month, the 2014 ISL runners-up signed Steve Coppell as their head coach for season three of the ISL, a widely experienced manager who has managed a couple of Premier League clubs himself. 

Goal was abreast with developments between the two parties earlier this year. However, when contacted on the same, Blasters officials refused to comment.  

7 hours ago, mus-28 said:

Gol Gol came off bench at half time in Mlada Boleslavs 1-0 Europa Qualifiing Win against KF Shkendija

They got eliminated  on aggregate though.

Actually he was involved in the goal, you can see him starting the move off.

Edited by Tesla

Matt Millar won it for south 5 min from time against knights (2-1)

Goals - South defeat Knights in Derby!

VIDEO // Check out both of our goals from today's 2-1 #MelbDerby win over Melbourne Knights FC. Milos Lujic scored his 27th goal of 2016 in all competitions, while Matthew Millar sealed the game following some outstanding work by Marcus Schroen.

Posted by South Melbourne FC on Sunday, 7 August 2016

Jets eyeing Velaphi

Aug. 11, 2016

By The Secret Agent

Newcastle Jets are on the lookout for a keeper on the back of Mark Birighitti's move to Swansea.

That leaves local boy Ben Kennedy as the no.1 option at the club, though it is believed coach Scott Miller does not rate Kennedy all that highly.

We understand that journeyman custodian Tando Velaphi, now playing in the J-League with Shonan Bellmare, may be considered as he is keen to return to Australia.

http://www.sportingnews.com/football/list/the-secret-agent-wanderers-to-snap-up-city-defender/1u9w9p0fsrtx91a5zjeu5jbiry/slide/2

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Murfy1 said:

Jets eyeing Velaphi

Aug. 11, 2016

By The Secret Agent

Newcastle Jets are on the lookout for a keeper on the back of Mark Birighitti's move to Swansea.

That leaves local boy Ben Kennedy as the no.1 option at the club, though it is believed coach Scott Miller does not rate Kennedy all that highly.

We understand that journeyman custodian Tando Velaphi, now playing in the J-League with Shonan Bellmare, may be considered as he is keen to return to Australia.

http://www.sportingnews.com/football/list/the-secret-agent-wanderers-to-snap-up-city-defender/1u9w9p0fsrtx91a5zjeu5jbiry/slide/2

Would love to see Tando back, even if it wasn't with us.

• Like 1

Harry Novillo wasn't in the squad for Manisaspor yesterday. Does anyone know anything further about his GF's "serious accident" in Germany and his "leave of absence" from his club?

Incidentally, transfermarkt.co.uk shows that we collected 289,000 GBP for his transfer from City to Manisaspor.

17 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Harry Novillo wasn't in the squad for Manisaspor yesterday. Does anyone know anything further about his GF's "serious accident" in Germany and his "leave of absence" from his club?

Incidentally, transfermarkt.co.uk shows that we collected 289,000 GBP for his transfer from City to Manisaspor.

That would be a a nice fee for a player we wanted to get rid of and who ended up in the Turkish second division, but who knows how accurate transfermarkt is.

1 hour ago, Shahanga said:

Hmmm.  Willo 4 from 4.  Must say I'm starting to lose my sense of humour about this.

He has had these runs before. For a period of games generally 5 or 6 he looks amazing and at a different level then for whatever reason he reverts back to his inconsistent row z shooting level. But if he has finally been able to maintain his best for an entire season will be only a matter of time before Barcelona comes calling. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, jeffplz said:

I'm being told Novillo is back from leave, gf is alright, but he's been suspended for whatever reason and will return to the first squad next game against Ümraniyespor. The match is on the 26th

Soz, he wasn't suspended, just wasn't allowed to play because of some transfer rules.

This is what happens when I'm bored at home

If there is any wrong,  let me know

OTHER ALEAGUE CLUBS

Marrone [Adelaide] Hamill [WSW] Hoffman [Newcastle] Garcia [Perth] Garuccio [Adelaide] Redmayne [WSW] Clisby [WSW] Melling [WSW] Wilkinson [Sydney] Zullo [Sydney]

LOWER LEVEL AUSTRALIAN CLUBS

Beauchamp [Bankstown City] Thompson [Maitland] Sarkies [Dandenong Thunder] Ibrahim [Bentleigh Greens] Taseski [Green Gully] Kalmar [Geelong] Zahra [Port Melbourne] Germano [Avondale] Macallister [Rockdale City] Vrankovic [Bonnyrig] Mitchinson [Bayswater City] Walker [Hume City] Murdocca [Avondale]

EUROPE

Worm [Sv DPS Ophenden ~ Netherlands] Behich [Bursaspor ~ Turkey] Babalj [AZ ~ Netherlands] Williams [Haladas ~ Hungary] Good [Newcastle ~ England] Goodwin [Sparta Rotterdam ~ Netherlands] Tadic [Balikesispor ~ Turkey] Merbrahtu [Mlada Boleslav ~ Czech Republic] Mauk [NEC ~ Netherlands] Migliorini [AL Metre ~ Italy] Mooy [Huddersfield ~ England] Novillo [Manisisapor ~ Turkey]

ASIA

Maycon [Goyang Zaigro ~ South Korea] Velaphi [Shonan Belmare ~ Japan] Paartalu [Jeonbuk Motors ~ South Korea] Safuwan [PDRA ~ Malaysia] Hughes [Kerala ~ India]

AMERICAS 

Fred [Bethlehem Steel ~ USA] Villa [New York City ~ USA] Miller [Wilmington ~ USA]

AFRICA

Brown [Cape Town ~ South Africa]

Unknown 

Terra Dugandzic Gerhardt Ramsay Koren Trifiro Dekkar

Edited by neio