Melbourne Football

The Australia Cup (formerly the FFA Cup)

MHFC-FAN

How many people ended up attending Jawsa? Are there any highlights floating about?

I think the commentators said it was around 3-5k, which was decent, they were expecting more but the weather was pretty bad.

Not the best highlights, but good enough haha.

I'd love to get South Hobart away, would pull a decent sized crowd as well with whatever victory link there is down there. Is this possible or are we guaranteed an A-league opponent?

Not as much as I'd love it :up:. We're guaranteed an a-league opponent first up but possible after that.

Even though Victory sponsor our state league and play a match here most years there is no great love for them.

The A-League got next to no coverage if the first few years. By the time a second Melbourne side came along in 2010 this was the time a lot more Tasmanian's starting taking serious interest. Heart's (City's) support down here would be close to Victory's.

I'd love to get South Hobart away, would pull a decent sized crowd as well with whatever victory link there is down there. Is this possible or are we guaranteed an A-league opponent?

Not as much as I'd love it :up:. We're guaranteed an a-league opponent first up but possible after that.

Even though Victory sponsor our state league and play a match here most years there is no great love for them.

The A-League got next to no coverage if the first few years. By the time a second Melbourne side came along in 2010 this was the time a lot more Tasmanian's starting taking serious interest. Heart's (City's) support down here would be close to Victory's.

I grew up on the north coast of Tas and would definitely consider a trip down from Melb if South drew City. The only downside would be that I don't know who i would want to win haha.

I grew up on the north coast of Tas and would definitely consider a trip down from Melb if South drew City. The only downside would be that I don't know who i would want to win haha.

South Hobart can get fucked.

• 2 weeks later...

So 31 out of the 32 participating clubs have now been confirmed with South Melbourne vs Melbourne Knights on Wednesday the only game left to determine the final participant before the live draw on Friday, exciting stuff!

A-League

Adelaide United

Brisbane Roar

Central Coast Mariners

Melbourne City

Melbourne Victory

Newcastle Jets

Perth Glory

Sydney FC

Wellington Phoenix

Western Sydney Wanderers

Victoria

South Springvale

Bentleigh Greens

St Albans Saints

South Melbourne/Melbourne Knights

New South Wales

Sydney Olympic

Manly United

South Coast Wolves

Blacktown City

Sydney United 58

Hakoah Sydney City East

Parramatta FC

Northern New South Wales

South Cardiff

Broadmeadow Magic

Queensland

Olympic FC

Brisbane Strikers

Palm Beach Sharks

Far North Queensland Heat

Western Australia

Bayswater City

Stirling Lions

South Australia

Adelaide City

Tasmania

South Hobart

ACT

Tuggeranong United

• Like 5

And for the games with an A-League club vs a State side, I have a feeling the game is played at the State club's home ground irrespective of who was drawn first... not certain though, I may have magically conjured that up ahaha

And for the games with an A-League club vs a State side, I have a feeling the game is played at the State club's home ground irrespective of who was drawn first... not certain though, I may have magically conjured that up ahaha

correct, member federation (state league) sides get hosting privileges against a-league sides

This is a pretty sweet website that has been covering all the qualification process http://www.pursuitofthecupau.com/

In for Broadmeadow Magic vs Stirling Lions final :up:

Macedonian man?  ;)

Will be interesting to see if any issues arise between ethnic clubs actually, the scumbag media will be keen to latch onto any minor incident I'm sure.

looking at Nate's post with all the teams, makes me realise just how ridiculous the 1/3 NSWFFA Cup is

I dont think you realise how big the separate Northern NSW League is...

I have driven past a few games before when in the Hunter and the amount of people watching games and the size of the Staduims were surprisngly big.

The were def on par with what you see in places like the WA and SA.

Edited by cadete

I'm hoping we draw a home fixture first up. Does anyone know if we'll be playing at AAMI Park or perhaps Epping Stadium? So keen for tomorrow, I'm working until 3 but will watch it when I get home! I really want to win so we can play an NPL/NPL1 team in the suburbs, that's what the cup's all about! 

I'm hoping we draw a home fixture first up. Does anyone know if we'll be playing at AAMI Park or perhaps Epping Stadium? So keen for tomorrow, I'm working until 3 but will watch it when I get home! I really want to win so we can play an NPL/NPL1 team in the suburbs, that's what the cup's all about! 

I'd assume it'd be AAMI if it's against A-League opposition! 

But I totally agree, if we progress I hope we draw a Melbourne or Sydney club or even Tuggeranong if they make it through as I doubt I'll be able to travel anywhere else.

• jw1739 changed the title to The Australia Cup (formerly the FFA Cup)
  • jw1739 pinned this topic