Melbourne Football

Transfers

malloy

JD has been quite consistent - the club is very happy with the players already contracted for next season. JA has already indicated his priorities for two new signings. We've also indicated that we will sign two or perhaps three overseas players, and that we intend to start the season with a squad of 21. Wouldn't surprise me if a couple of signings have actually been made already - and that the club has decided not to announce them yet. Also, we would perhaps have liked Milicic to stay but aren't that fussed that he has left.

As for bids for our players - Peter Sidwell said a long time ago that we don't intend to be just a feeder club for whoever comes knocking on our door expecting players at bargain prices. Anyone who seriously wants to have one of our players needs to make a sensible offer.

In summary, JD seems very relaxed about the situation. He does not see either the player or coaching situation as needing any form of panic response.

"we don't intend to be just a feeder club" what a load of shit lol we're on the eve of selling our brightest prospect, this is the A-league pal i don't expect things to get much better than they are currently

Johnny to bring in some of his mates from Pamplona. A big fuck off 1.95cm pamplonian giant would be fucking great.

There has been a whole team of touring unemployed (or employed but unpaid) Spanish fottballers traveling around Europe playing exhibition matches. Many players there in lower leagues have been unpaid by their clubs and would relish a paid position in our league. JA clearly has a good idea about what to look for in Spain, it'd be a great place to start.

• Like 1

Also, we would perhaps have liked Milicic to stay but aren't that fussed that he has left.

What makes you say that? Everything I've read indicates that the club were fully expecting Milicic to see out his contract. My worry is that they didn't forsee Milicic wanting to go, couldn't convince him to stay, finally conceded that it's no use keeping him if he doesn't want to stay, and are now looking at a replacement. The possibilities named by Lynch don't fill me with confidence.

As for bids for our players - Peter Sidwell said a long time ago that we don't intend to be just a feeder club for whoever comes knocking on our door expecting players at bargain prices. Anyone who seriously wants to have one of our players needs to make a sensible offer.

The only offer so far has been for Babalj. You saying the reported $500,000 is bargain basement? I might be wrong, but I think that would make him one of the highest transfers in A League/NSL history. It's not an offer to be sneezed at.

In summary, JD seems very relaxed about the situation. He does not see either the player or coaching situation as needing any form of panic response.

Well he's not going to tweet that they don't know what they're doing! Anyway, I think you're right about the player situation. I'm not concerned that they haven't made any announcements yet. But I can't help thinking that the coaching situation has been badly handled. When deciding on a coach, you should be thinking about what the whole coaching set-up is going to look like, not just choosing a senior coach and working out the rest later. To me it looks like they only had Aloisi/Milicic in mind and they're now caught out. They had to envisage the possibility that Milicic wouldn't work under Aloisi and should've had someone lined up already given they've had months to work it out.

Edited by Sash

What makes you say that? Everything I've read indicates that the club were fully expecting Milicic to see out his contract. My worry is that they didn't forsee Milicic wanting to go, couldn't convince him to stay, finally conceded that it's no use keeping him if he doesn't want to stay, and are now looking at a replacement. The possibilities named by Lynch don't fill me with confidence.

The board would have done a thorough assessment of the advantages, disadvantages and risks of selecting either as the head coach. There is no doubt they would have hoped Milicic would see out his contract to support of John. But they would have considered the more than likely option that he wouldn't. In doing that they would have looked at alternative strategies for securing an assistant coach. MHFC operate on a shoestring budget but they are not stupid.

What the media print may, or may not, be close to the truth, but don't assume it's reality until it happens. Or until the rumour mill runs overtime and then its just days until the formal announcement is made.

The only offer so far has been for Babalj. You saying the reported $500,000 is bargain basement? I might be wrong, but I think that would make him one of the highest transfers in A League/NSL history. It's not an offer to be sneezed at.

There are higher ones, eg Nick Carle was apparently 800k (650k transfer fee + sell on %). Though 500k is pretty good by the standard of past transfers, its still too cheap IMO.

There are higher ones, eg Nick Carle was apparently 800k (650k transfer fee + sell on %). Though 500k is pretty good by the standard of past transfers, its still too cheap IMO.

Carle went to Turkey in 2007. Haven't got all the necessary exchange rates to hand, but with the efflux of time I would say A$750,000 plus a sell-on % is more like it for Babalj.

Edited by jw1739

Neither Carlos Hernandez or Angelos Charisteas have or will be signed by Melbourne Heart FC. Carlos is most likely heading to a team in West Asia and no contact has been made between the club and Charisteas. Sidwell is in Greece, but it's for Intralot and not Heart. Sidwell also has absolutely no involvement in any player signings whatsoever.

Source: John Didulica and Scott Munn.

Dear Christian7, your trolling is bad and you should feel bad.

Edited by kingawesomeness

Neither Carlos Hernandez or Angelos Charisteas have or will be signed by Melbourne Heart FC. Carlos is most likely heading to a team in West Asia and no contact has been made between the club and Charisteas. Sidwell is in Greece, but it's for Intralot and not Heart. Sidwell also has absolutely no involvement in any player signings whatsoever.

Source: John Didulica and Scott Munn.

Dear Christian7, your trolling is bad and you should feel bad.

Put up or shut up: tell us your "source" or fuck off.

Hang on, lets wait and see first. Wouldnt be the first time that a club has denied being interested in a player and then signing them soon after.