Melbourne Football

Transfers

malloy

So Redmayne didn't play any soccer at all last season? Just cos he didn't play for heart, doesn't mean he isn't upfront a start slash hasn't earned it.

He played once in the A-League last season (last round, dead rubber), and has only played 5 A-League games in his 4 seasons at A-League level.

As I said, most of his football has been played against kids his own age (or younger) in the NYL, AIS at U20 level.

I'm not doubting his talent, but why are people assuming/saying he has been signed so he can walk straight into the side?

Edited by LR9

From the facebook page:

Weekly Transfer Update:

- The clubs 1st off-season signing is tipped to be former Gold Coast youngster Golgol Mebrahtu, however the club looks to have lost out on another target in Ben Halloran to Brisbane.

- It's believed that Wayne Srhoj has knocked back a contract offer and is seaking a new deal elsewhere.

- Craig Goodwin, who broke onto the scene in last Feburary's Derby, has signed a 2 year deal with Newcastle.

- Clint Bolton is close signing a new deal which will keep him at the club for one more season.

- It's been reported that the club will go into next season with a squad of 21 players, to allow for flexibility at the Janurary transfer window.

- Aloisi stated that the club is looking to bring in two experienced international players, a Defensive and an Attacking midfielder. Rumours are starting to build around Carlos Hernandez.

lol what?

Edited by Young Polak

I'm not doubting his talent, but why are people assuming/saying he has been signed so he can walk straight into the side?

With Bolton seemingly a cripple between matches, his umming and ahing about continuing on and his apparent unsuccessful push for a significant media role on fox sports, it all seemed a forgone conclusion it was his swansong, thus when Redmayne was signed you sorta put two and two together.

Now that it's apparent his staying his obviously still #1. Barring a terrible pre season I dare say we will see Redmayne line up after a poor performance or at Perth, N.Z or perhaps Brisbane, whatever comes first.

i would like to think next season if bolton isn't 100% recovered for a match the following week, Aloisi would have the confidence to put Redmayne in the starting 11. As downbylaw said, especially when travelling to Perth/Wellington

Anyone heard any other rumours about Hernandez?

He played once in the A-League last season (last round, dead rubber), and has only played 5 A-League games in his 4 seasons at A-League level.

As I said, most of his football has been played against kids his own age (or younger) in the NYL, AIS at U20 level.

When Redmayne was signed in January 2012:

- in season 1 we had existed with the substitute keeper being the club's goalkeeping coach;

- in season 2 the signing of Roganovic had misfired and we had as our substitute keeper a youth player on loan from Victory;

- Bolton had had pre-season surgery and by the accounts I had read he was on a modified training regime and was a week-by-week proposition for the whole of season 2;

- Bolton was on a two-year contract and was expected to retire at the end of season 2 and pursue a career in the media.

So we picked up a quality 23-y-o keeper and it was not unreasonable for us to expect that he would be the no. 1 choice in season 3.

No-one in the squad has a guaranteed place in the A-League side. I don't believe anyone is suggesting that Redmayne should be an exception. I'm just putting my view out that having got him on board it's not a positive step to re-sign our former keeper, who, by all acounts will not take kindly to being the second choice if and when it comes to that.

So what youre saying is.... You want him to keep playing against kids in the NYL and that will further develop his skills?

Like i just said. Its doesnt matter where he played last year, he was still playing!

Can you imagine this. All last year he played NYL for Roar.

Now substitute Roar for Heart... ok still with me?

Lets say Heart signed him last year, and he played NYL for Heart all last year.

Is he able to step up and fill the number one keeper spot??? Or is he too green?

From what I'm reading, he has taken the same steps as every other youth player... Play NYL then Graduate to HAL.

It doesnt really matter that he didnt do his 'Apprenticeship' with our club. He still did one.

Dig?

• Like 2

From the facebook page:

Weekly Transfer Update:

- The clubs 1st off-season signing is tipped to be former Gold Coast youngster Golgol Mebrahtu, however the club looks to have lost out on another target in Ben Halloran to Brisbane.

- It's believed that Wayne Srhoj has knocked back a contract offer and is seaking a new deal elsewhere.

- Craig Goodwin, who broke onto the scene in last Feburary's Derby, has signed a 2 year deal with Newcastle.

- Clint Bolton is close signing a new deal which will keep him at the club for one more season.

- It's been reported that the club will go into next season with a squad of 21 players, to allow for flexibility at the Janurary transfer window.

- Aloisi stated that the club is looking to bring in two experienced international players, a Defensive and an Attacking midfielder. Rumours are starting to build around Carlos Hernandez.

lol what?

not the official facebook page mate. it's updated by fans

I swear if we get GolGol Mebrathu I will reconsider renewing my membership

Dont see how what players we get or dont get has anything to do with renewing membership tbh.

Each to there own I suppose.

Anyway, really interested to see if hernandez signs, I think it would be a good move for us, and we have a very good record with former Victory players so far. Plus the fact that when Victory signed him, its the only time an A-League club has paid a transfer fee AFAIK, and now we are taking him on a free, I find this amusing.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 4

Estonia aren't in this year's Euro's mate.

Fair point. Sign him up.

Close to the dumbest thing I've read in a long time. I bet you'd would've been pissed off if we'd signed Berisha prior to last season because you'd "never heard of him".

Edited by kingawesomeness
  • Like 1

De ja vu a forum post made ages ago, i think about renewing Maycon. Seriously poor support.

I'm really out of the loop, and this thread is massiely too long to trawl through, but is Jose Guerrero del Solar still on the cards at all?

BRISBANE Roar have scored an early win over former coach Ange Postecoglou by beating Melbourne Victory in the battle to sign Ben Halloran, the hottest young talent in the A-League.

The former Gold Coast United attacker has joined the Roar on a three-year deal.

Halloran, who turns 20 next month, has been in Brisbane's sights since March, with Postecoglou having expressed his interest in Halloran while he was still coaching the Roar.

But the Victory had also been keen to snare the Cairns-born speedster, and Postecoglou's defection to the Melbourne club fuelled speculation that Halloran might move south.

However, the chance to remain in his home state, play for the back-to-back title winners and compete in next year's Asian Football Confederation Champions League convinced Halloran to choose the Roar over the Victory and at least three other A-League clubs.

"Ben knows he can benefit more from playing for Brisbane Roar and our style of play than by playing for Melbourne Victory and for Ange," delighted Roar coach Rado Vidosic said.

"He's excited by what the Roar have achieved in the past couple of years and the chance to show his wares in Asia.

"He knows that he's coming to the best club in the country."

Halloran's ability to play both as a forward and midfielder will add to the Roar's attacking options and depth.

"Now it's up to us to see where his best position is in terms of our team and our style of play," Vidosic said.

Halloran will leave today with his former teammates of the now-defunct Gold Coast United on a holiday to Fiji.

He will link with his new teammates when the Roar - who complete their 2011-12 campaign on Wednesday night against Beijing Guoan in an AFC Champions League dead rubber at Suncorp Stadium - start pre-season training on July 9.

Having secured the services of Halloran, Vidosic is now waiting on an answer from Bahraini defender Mohamed Adnan.

The off-contract Adnan has been offered a new multi-year deal with the Roar and has promised to let Vidosic know by early next month whether he will return to the champions.

"We would love him to stay. He will go home after our last game to spend some time with his family and then make his decision," a hopeful Vidosic said.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/ben-halloran-signs-three-year-deal-with-brisbane-roar/story-e6frep5o-1226353951497

We missed out, but better than seeing him go to the tards.

Shit if they sign Gol Gol Mehbratu I will never renew my membership!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Didn't Wellington want him. Bloody hell has to be the crappiest player in the A League and as long as some dick puts you in they just shuffle the shit around.Heard he back stabbed good players and sucked up to Moron until after he was dropped from state leagues down to premier league down to reserves and then just went with his whole refugee family to winge about the situation. How low will the A league go.

Shit if they sign Gol Gol Mehbratu I will never renew my membership!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Didn't Wellington want him. Bloody hell has to be the crappiest player in the A League and as long as some dick puts you in they just shuffle the shit around.Heard he back stabbed good players and sucked up to Moron until after he was dropped from state leagues down to premier league down to reserves and then just went with his whole refugee family to winge about the situation. How low will the A league go.

are u ignoring the fact he destroyed us the last time we played gold coast? I see him as a great talent who just needs some fine tuning from aloisi in his finishing and we'll see him do very well

super-mario-bros-turns-25.7.jpg

Fellow forumite mario's reaction on news of golgol.

He mad!

Yup, he mad :)

It's a bit disheartening.

I think every season we're gonna see a trend of the better players going to the big 3 becoming more and more prominent.

:unsure:

would you say the big three will become Brisbane, Mongs, and ......... (Sydney?)

They're obviously still going to be very beatable because of the salary cap and player cap. It'll still be anyones comp every year. They'll just get first pick of the uncontracted players and Socceroos coming home.

But then where will the supporters go?

not so much the present supporters, but also the ones that we could possibly attract in the future.

would they rather go see returning Socceroos or Hoffman with a 40y.o. Fred?

Fuck oath. I wish we would just sign someone so we have something to talk about.

lol.

not talking about transfers in the transfers thread.

-_-

are u ignoring the fact he destroyed us the last time we played gold coast? I see him as a great talent who just needs some fine tuning from aloisi in his finishing and we'll see him do very well

Your either Moron Or Gol Gol Mehbratu! Do you remember all the sitters,when you fell apart.Its like you try and talk up the crap so you don't look like an idiot for signing this twit

So did Ricki Herbert turn you down?.

Edited by mario

we could use a speedy striker like him. Babalj is a great talent but sometimes we're going to need some variation up front and he could be the perfect pickup seeing that he won't be too expensive and is exactly the type of strker we need as he will bring something different to the team. Could even play on the left wing

FWIW Nate Foster plays as a strker for dandenong thunder, 22 years old, canadian left footer

http://www.greaterda...ue/2492884.aspx

Edited by heart_fan10