Melbourne Football

Transfers

malloy

Simply we need more than 3 CB's on the list that was the problem and Defence is the one place where experience matters more than anywhere else...

NOTE: I will spare u my moaning over Williams and Hoff still being around.

Simply we need more than 3 CB's on the list that was the problem and Defence is the one place where experience matters more than anywhere else...

Totally agree, just hope Hamill is ok with sitting on the bench for the whole season being our 4th/3rd choice center back.

anyone else think Germano is a good enough to play as our DM?

or could we do better with a different player on a visa?

Edited by nicotera5

Honestly not sure what happened to Williams. It seems he has traded a ball for a pie, can confirm when I saw him at crown destroying some KFC. I still think Williams can still be an integral part at the club if he can get his act together.

EDIT - Fixing post

Edited by Attila
  • Like 1

Honestly not sure what happened to Williams. It seems he has traded a ball for a pie. You may think this is a bit odd, but I think Williams can still be an integral part at the club if he can get his act together.

Hear, hear!

Totally agree, just hope Hamill is ok with sitting on the bench for the whole season being our 4th/3rd choice center back.

anyone else think Germano is a good enough to play as our DM?

or could we do better with a different player on a visa?

The Answer is: Yes.

But I am guessing JA like myself would like to use him how he was used this year as "Mr Fix-it" - His ability to play in a variety of positions is what makes him such an asset to the squad IMO.

In bad commentator speak: The X Factor of MHFC.

The Answer is: Yes.

But I am guessing JA like myself would like to use him how he was used this year as "Mr Fix-it" - His ability to play in a variety of positions is what makes him such an asset to the squad IMO.

In bad commentator speak: The X Factor of MHFC.

was also liking him out at right midfield.

of course wouldnt want him there every week but like you said, is a very good 'Mr. Fix-It'.

we should sign a centre-half and go from there IMO.

Sign a CB with experience, presence and leadership. That is a must. We won't win the league with the three we have, even though Good and Hammill are very talented. I personally think Good will still be going to Newcastle. For Alan Pardew to personally want to see more of him and say he had excellent pace and presence, I would think they are negotiating.

If the rumours are true and Shime departs, I won't be too fussed. Become very average. What we will then need though is an experienced overseas player, an experienced Australian based player and a young guy we can develop.

A midfield enforcer! Like how Aloisi said that. Bresch would be the dream, but like that John wants to add more steel to our team. Also like that he wants to win the league, not be known in just developing. Even though I was against him, he is winning me over. Now the proof will be in the pudding.

Also Charasteas FFS. Get him and get Williams off the burgers and on the training track and watch us win the league.

Also Charasteas FFS. Get him and get Williams off the burgers and on the training track and watch us win the league.

Rofl, not even Heidelberg would have a look at Williams atm and there Season is one game off completely fallen apart...

I re-read it and I still disagree...

Our CB situation will still be as dire next year and incapable of challenging for the Top 4 if it remains the same, kid defenders need more than one year.

JA says he wants to challenge for the Title while I can assure you that MH will not win a Grand Final with Hamill and Good as the Central Defensive Pairing, they can both play massive roles throughout the Season and Finals but preferably rarely together.

A CB is the priority over another Striker or Midfielder IMO.

AGREE with this 100% It's sad that it is still the same things I was saying at the beginning of last season. We have improved the squad in other areas no end. The releases we have made so far have been spot on. We now have the core of a championship club. If I was JA I would be looking for only three more key signings.

1. An experienced centre back. If Colisimo leaves we need to sign two.

2. Another AM to take the work load off of Fred and give us another creative force in the midfield.

3. An experienced striker.

Out of all of those I think that the experienced CB is the only 100% must if we are to move forward. There is enough talent coming through in the other areas to keep us competitive I think. I don't understand why people are pointing to DM as a point of concern? In Germano and Srhoj we had two of the more capable DM's in the league imo. Has Shroj left ? Or are people still that perturbed at him not being so great at areas of his game that aren't that important to the role he consistantly performs at an acceptable level in?

Edited by perthheart
  • Like 1

I'm just saying.

A Fred - Flores midfield could win a league by themselves.

If we can sign Flores, Thwaite, and Erik Paartulu esque DM, another Left Winger who can actually cross and Charasteas - we'll be a pretty formidable side..RedmayneMarrone - Thwaite - Good - BehichDM*Flores - FredDugandzic - Babalj - LW*

Edited by marteaux

Also we tried a good CM at CB in Thompson with some success in past but as the experience proved not enough success - You need a CB at CB IMO.

Huge difference between 'comfortable' and 'untried' though, as was in Thompson's case.

Either way the club needs to just sign someone for the forums sake, even a water boy ffs. Could debate his beep test at the least, atm we're repeating ourselves ad nauseam :blink:

http://www.heraldsun...x-1226353479490

would be happy with mebrahtu. If Aloisi can teach him how to finish in front of goal he's a better prospect than halloran imo

Full article:

FORMER Gold Coast winger Golgol Mebrahtu looms as John Aloisi's first signing before Melbourne Heart focuses its energy on pursuing two foreign stars.

The pacy winger/attacker is the versatile type Heart favours and he could slot into the left-wing position with internationals Rutger Worm and Alex Terra being released and David Williams having a poor debut season.

Mebrahtu, 21, showed potential but lacked composure in front of goals.

Born in Eritrea but raised in Sudan, Mebrahtu's family moved to Brisbane when he was 10.

He was picked up by former coach Miron Bleiberg, who saw him juggling a ball in a park.

Heart has also bid for fellow Gold Coast excitement machine Ben Halloran, although the teenager is believed to favour a move to Brisbane Roar. Halloran is also on Melbourne Victory's wish-list.

Aloisi said Heart would soon make some A-League signings but quality foreigners were a priority.

"A couple of the real key players will be from overseas, he said yesterday.

"We're trying to bring in two good, experienced players that will help the team progress.

"Foreigners made a difference to a lot of the teams, without (Besart) Berisha and (Thomas) Broich, Brisbane might not have won the championship. Foreigners are key."

Heart is planning to enter the 2012-13 season with 21 contracted players (23 are allowed on the roster) to avoid a situation like last season where it struggled to fit short-term signings Adrian Madaschi and Paul Reid on the list.

Mebrahtu would become the 16th contracted player and with another keeper to be the 17th (Heart is awaiting an answer from Clint Bolton), it would leave four spots on the list and more than $500,000 to play with.

Aloisi said a defensive midfielder and attacker were priorities with three foreign spots available.

"Defensive midfield is the key position. We need to get a leader and someone who cannot only start play but break up play. I think we lacked that," he said.

"And an attacking player who can score, someone who can play anywhere up front or in attacking midfield."

Edited by heart_fan10

With Dugandzic and Mebrahtu we'd have lightning wingers. Mebrahtu is speedy and good on the ball, all we'd need from him if we played him as a winger in a front 3.

I think Aloisi would improve his finishing as well, which wouldn't be crucial as I said above.

Sign him up.

Dont like.

He is worse then Behich and Hoffman combined when it comes to shooting and he doesn't have a huge engine.

His only real streangths are his speed and, when he feels like it, he can be a good FK taker.

Career stats:

Games: 26 (1,150 mins)

Shots: 22

Goals: 0

Assists: 0

Not really sold on GolGol, but he is young and hopefully will develop. Would hope we bring in a quality foreigner who can play as a winger/striker and have GolGol coming off the bench.

Glad to know we're chasing some quality imports, a quality ball winner is something we lacked last season, particularly someone who can get the ball from the centre-backs when we play it out and hold onto it rather than pump it long.

Would still like an experienced centre-back, which would have to be foreign as Aussies are pretty thin on the ground, only ones I could think of that may come back home would be Cansdell-Sherriff and Aaron Downes.

http://aleaguetarget...tarmo-kink.html

sign him up! need a left footed LW

Seems like he'd be better as an inverted RW, hell of a shot on him.

Would consider playing Duga LW inverted as well if we went for him. Not bad.

EDIT: Biggest question would be why would he want to come to the other side of the world when he may be about to play Euros and boost his name and value.

Edited by kingawesomeness

Neither Mehbratu nor Halloran seem that potent in front of the goal, Mehbratu particularly. I still think we need more fire-power up front.

The Hun confirms 15 players on the books - that must mean Thompson included. Srhoj has clearly gone. I would prefer we don't re-sign Bolton - we already have Redmayne, and another young back-up keeper is all we need - we need to look to the future not backwards and IMO there's no point re-signing a bloke who's probably got no more than one more season in him.

Like the idea of a squad of 21 - gives us room to move during the season if a really good opportunity arises.

Probably was this sort of positive thinking that swung the Board in favour of Aloisi.

Yes, Thompson is contracted for next season.

Why do you think Redders is capable of stepping straight into a starting position?

He has only every played against kids, he should have to earn his spot like Matt Ryan and Mitch Langerak did.

Ryan hardly earned his spot, he started in like round 3 or 4 in his first season at the club.

No. He was a youth keeper the season prior, showcased his abilities and was offered a senior contract.

He was given an opportunity due to Henderson's injury, and he showed his worth, keeping Henderson on the Bench and eventually ended his proffesional career.

No. He was a youth keeper the season prior, showcased his abilities and was offered a senior contract.

So Redmayne didn't play any soccer at all last season? Just cos he didn't play for heart, doesn't mean he isn't upfront a start slash hasn't earned it.