Melbourne Football

Transfers

malloy

My source has been away for a week but he gave me a call today and he told me as soon as Hernandez is back from his holiday. He will put pen to paper. Exciting times ahead

was he away for business or pleasure?

Edited by yelawolf

I would say it has more to do with this

Jason Culina has reached a settlement agreement with the Newcastle Jets and FFA over the former Socceroo's sacking from the Hunter club.

The Jets terminated Culina's contract on the eve of Hyundai A-League season 2011/12, after it was found the midfielder didn't have the proper insurance to cover a serious knee injury.

But the Professional Footballers Association (PFA) announced that the club, the player and FFA had come to an agreement, and as a result, the scheduled June hearings of the National Dispute Resolution Chamber under the A-League Collective Bargaining Agreement will not proceed.

“The PFA is pleased that FFA, Newcastle Jets and Jason have reached a settlement by mutual agreement, the commercial terms of which are confidential,” PFA Chief Executive Brendan Schwab said.

“As a result, Jason’s employment agreement with the Jets has also been terminated and he is free to continue his playing career elsewhere in the A-League.”

“Having this matter settled is important for the game, for Jason and for the Jets,” CEO Robbie Middleby said.

“With it now settled, we are able to continue to build our squad for next season and beyond.

“The Jets wish Jason all the best as he continues with his rehabilitation.”

Culina said he was also pleased the matter was now resolved.

“I would like to acknowledge the efforts of FFA and the Newcastle Jets to achieve a settlement and to avoid further legal proceedings,” Culina said.

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/news-display/Culina-drops-legal-action/47651

Big risk signing Culina. But I assume the club will take that into account if they offering him a contract.

If we did sign him, I expect he would play out his career here and then join the back room staff, as the trend seems to be.

Big risk signing Culina. But I assume the club will take that into account if they offering him a contract.

If we did sign him, I expect he would play out his career here and then join the back room staff, as the trend seems to be.

Not sure about ending his career with us. He is only 31, which was why his signing a few years ago by GC was such a big coup. Still has many years ahead of him if he stays injury free.

As for the Heart, I remember how he played in the league with GC and would take him in a second, as long as it does not strain us ridiculously financially speaking. Played as a DM behind Fred, magical!

I cant believe he hasn't been linked with at least a few clubs already???? I guess everyone was awaiting the outcome of the court case.

If we did sign him, I expect he would play out his career here and then join the back room staff become head coach, as the trend seems to be.

Wow, David Williams looks huge!

2eowihg.jpg

eli babalj is/was nowhere near our best player chap.

anyway who knows who the guy with his face shopped out from today's training

http://www.mfootball...06/IMG_0972.jpg

If your talking about that guy with long hair, it's Josh Groenwald from the YT.

Of the other strange faces, the guy in 25 is Steven Grey, the kid far left is Jeremy walker and the mini Marrone look-a-like is Brodie Patterson.

Edited by LR9
  • Like 1

we have just sold our best player

Oh come on, before Red Star were interested in this guy very few people on here rated this guy as first XI worthy, slowly over the last few weeks his reputation has increased on a daily basis, and apparently now he was our best player, FFS!

• Like 1