Melbourne Football

Membership numbers and how to increase them

Torn Asunder

I don't see how that would increase members at all.

The blatantly obvious ways to increase the crowds are:

- A big name signing

- Wining some silverware, or being at the top end of the table at least.

- Playing attractive football

- Increased media exposure

I can't see much else making any significant difference.

Yes, all the stuff you mention is well established and obvious. I was trying to think outside the box a little bit.

My suggestion was more a way to (maybe) encourage people to become more involved with the club instead of just rocking up to a game every now and again.The idea is to show that we are an innovative club that is trying to establish our "brand" internationally. It also shows that our club holds our supporters in high regard and is trying to think of exciting ways to engage them. If people feel like they are a valued and respected part of the club they (may) be more likely to become long term supporters even if results are not always ideal on the pitch.

As I said, I dont know if it would make a difference at all, but it cant hurt I guess.

Edited by KSK_47

I don't see how that would increase members at all.

The blatantly obvious ways to increase the crowds are:

- A big name signing

- Wining some silverware, or being at the top end of the table at least.

- Playing attractive football

- Increased media exposure

I can't see much else making any significant difference.

- Win at home

- Win at home

- Win at home

• 5 weeks later...

The only way to increase membership is wo WIN.

People don't like to publicly support team that's lose. Any team that is near the bottom always draw low crowds. The only way to attract people to home games is to win...........and win at home!

You cannot increase membership if we don't have people attending our games.

Step 1 - attract more game day attendees.

Step 2 - collect the contact details of these Attendees and determine what they require to convince them to sign on as members.

I read reports stating that the clubs membership numbers must improve. How can we improve when our game day attendance numbers is less than our projected membership numbers for this season.

Why not make all children under 13 free. These kids need parents to bring them. Thus the club has now attracted adult supporters. The club doesn't make money from children ticket sales, yet children bring adults. And adults make the clubs money.

It's not rocket science, we just need someone prepared to look outside the box. What's to lose?

• 4 weeks later...

Here is an interesting Idea for Mr Munn:

That we have more of this Pre Season's games against Non A League opposition being in actual "Melbourne" at "Viewer Friendly Times" and most of all "Being Advertised" so we can attend.

Actually get people excited about the Season before the Season - It has worked with other clubs and codes in the past.

NOTE: And by “Being Advertsided” I mean not just some fucken Cryptic Tweets or a couple of Supporters being told in passing when they make the effort to drive out and watch the boys train.

Here is an interesting Idea for Mr Munn:

That we have more of this Pre Season's games against Non A League opposition being in actual "Melbourne" at "Viewer Friendly Times" and most of all "Being Advertised" so we can attend.

Actually get people excited about the Season before the Season - It has worked with other clubs and codes in the past.

NOTE: And by “Being Advertsided” I mean not just some fucken Cryptic Tweets or a couple of Supporters being told in passing when they make the effort to drive out and watch the boys train.

You mean, rather like the MV game against Port Melbourne being advertised here: http://www.mfootball.com.au/ ?

I think that's just too simple for Heart HQ.

to be fair, i'm pretty sure that's not paid advertising. looks like a promo made by the website itself. those kits are just photoshop jobs

Its still two weeks notice prior to a game in Inner City Melbourne.

There was one Pre Season game last year that most supporters only found out about two hours beforehand...

Last pre-season went to the games at Port Melbourne, Veneto Club, Knights Stadium, Morwell, Springvale and Langwarrin. Not completely sure, but there might have been a Heart tent at Morwell and Langwarrin, but certainly not at the other venues. Got soaked getting to and from my car to the Port Melbourne ground, and what I remember of the others was a long drive in every case and no public transport alternative whatsover.

Agree wholeheartedly with cadete's comments. And I don't think we need to pay for advertising. What's wrong with the Heart web-site, or indeed an e-mail to members? Isn't that what technology is for?

Also cannot help but feel Heart could not do with reading a bit Shun Tzu.

I reckon this comment might upset a few “It’s about the Vision” MH fans but:

Would it not be better to try build support in Melbourne and the Suburbs of Melbourne first before attacking elsewhere?

I cannot help but feel there is too much focus on the Regions.

Its abundantly clear that we need Members to make this club viable should we not be then placing the attention on the type of prospective customer who can most easily attend our games and see the value in a Membership?

These people live in Melbourne and its Suburbs in 9/10 cases regardless of those loyal supporters that I am aware of that we do have in the regional areas.

• Like 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6IYyvypJ4o

Get Ticker smashed and get him to roller-blade down stairs. A Jackass style mascot could really boost attendances!

*credit to duchess for this awesome find

I find this post really offensive.

You see at mascot school this is actually one of the examples they highlight in the OHS module. What you might not be aware of is that Velociraptor does indeed have a substance abuse problem, which partially explains the blase use of rollerblades inside the stadium.

Edited by Ticker
  • Like 3

I find this post really offensive.

You see at mascot school this is actually one of the examples they highlight in the OHS module. What you might not be aware of is that Velociraptor does indeed have a substance abuse problem, which partially explains the blase use of rollerblades inside the stadium.

At least the Raptor has a soul

• Like 1

That mfootball is run by victory flogs. I know because my mates brother writes for them. I don't think they would advertise heart games if asked ffs

You've missed the point. I don't really care who runs the site, or who caused the advertisement to be there. What I was referring to was that the game is actually advertised - date, place, time - well in advance so that people have the opportunity to go along if they wish to.

Heart can do the same thing. Use its own website, use mhfcsupporters, use the MHFC Index, send an e-mail to members - plenty of ways to skin the cat.

• 2 weeks later...

Just signed up with a mate and joined in the "active supporters' area for the first time, so excited! I was just wondering for the derbies against victory due to the fact i am in the terrance now, does that mean i get a guaranteed seat at etihad or do i still need to buy a seat?

Just signed up with a mate and joined in the "active supporters' area for the first time, so excited! I was just wondering for the derbies against victory due to the fact i am in the terrance now, does that mean i get a guaranteed seat at etihad or do i still need to buy a seat?

And make sure you get an away supporter(s) area ticket. Last year we got put in an area that could have been hazardous to our health. Was able to exhange tickets for the proper ones. Look forward to making the docklands red and white.

How about advertising in primary schools with a say 50 free tickets for the kids, they could then make it a school trip, and make there own TIFO as a class/school project or create a chant ( yarraside to sing?). this will have the kids all buzzing about a school trip and that entail will get the parents involved ($$$).

On a side note, get Panini to do a HAL sticker book. My son started collecting UEFA 2012 Euro stickers for the first time and is infatuated with them, the interesteing thing is every shop the stocked the sickers was SOLD OUT - so had to go on Ebay and get them shipped from the UK.

What we need to do is target the kids (I believe) but like all kids they want to win - so WE NEED TO WIN. give free memebership to all kids under 12.

• Like 4

You've missed the point. I don't really care who runs the site, or who caused the advertisement to be there. What I was referring to was that the game is actually advertised - date, place, time - well in advance so that people have the opportunity to go along if they wish to.

Heart can do the same thing. Use its own website, use mhfcsupporters, use the MHFC Index, send an e-mail to members - plenty of ways to skin the cat.

Agree with you. The site has Heart on the front page today in a positive story. Check out http://www.mfootball.com.au/about/ and people can make up their own minds. What better way to advertise ourselves but to get out to the these type of websites and start banging on about out club. Contribute where ever we can FFS.

Edited by HEARTinator

That mfootball is run by victory flogs. I know because my mates brother writes for them. I don't think they would advertise heart games if asked ffs

Hi,

We've decided to make an account for you guys to keep us honest and fair about Melbourne Football coverage.

Comments like these really do irk us. We're run by budding journos who have affiliations with both Melbourne clubs - two of which have written for melbourneheartfc.com.au.

We'll help advertise the upcoming Port Melbourne and Richmond games, as well as the clashes against Glory and United.

He's something we put on social media a couple of days ago.

602341_398916660165178_420262270_n.jpg

If you've got any recommendations, suggestions or things you hate, don't hesitate to let us know.

• Like 2

Hi,

We've decided to make an account for you guys to keep us honest and fair about Melbourne Football coverage.

Comments like these really do irk us. We're run by budding journos who have affiliations with both Melbourne clubs - two of which have written for melbourneheartfc.com.au.

We'll help advertise the upcoming Port Melbourne and Richmond games, as well as the clashes against Glory and United.

He's something we put on social media a couple of days ago.

602341_398916660165178_420262270_n.jpg

If you've got any recommendations, suggestions or things you hate, don't hesitate to let us know.

Dont use Doria's Douche Font to advertise our games....

• Like 3