Melbourne Football

Kapnogona

marteaux

This chant got phased out midway through last year. I think it is time it makes it's return.

Our poor attempt from last year:

Original to be emulated:

Melbourne Heart you are our cities pride

Forever I'll stand with the Yarraside

Hooked you like LSD

Better than extacy

Sing louder if you love the Yarraside!

Yarraside's the drug that gets me high

So high I want to touch the fucking sky!

Coke can't make me feel this good

Marijuana never could

Start jumping if you love the Yarraside!

I know this will face opposition from chaps, but I think it is a cool chant and deserves a second spin.

Edited by marteaux

so it could possibly work if there was enough interest - another reason I think it works so well for them is because it's done in native tongue. nothing against things being translated/re-interpreted but they seem to lose their feel/appeal when done so.

Edited by pip

It needs to be reworked if it is to make a return to the Yside terrace. Start brainstorming lyrics chaps.

Agree, but I think only minor changes are necessary. I always loved the lyrics to this though.

And Tesla, I love watching our grainy S1 YouTube vids, shows how far the terrace as a whole has come in a short time, really.

I think a short string of ole, la or ler could be included in this one though.

lol i wasnt saying it needed a rework due to the durg lyrics. Was saying it needed a reword due to all the lyrics being shit.

You're joking right?

And we've literally ran with chants like "Lets leave this _____ for dead", "We hate Victory", "You all live in the same caravan", and numerous other shite, unoriginal pieces of www.fanchants.co.uk garbage but we think the lyrics to this are crap?

Ehh....they are better than any other lyrics we've had for chants, and anything else we currently use.

• 2 weeks later...

You're joking right?

And we've literally ran with chants like "Lets leave this _____ for dead", "We hate Victory", "You all live in the same caravan", and numerous other shite, unoriginal pieces of www.fanchants.co.uk garbage but we think the lyrics to this are crap?

Ehh....they are better than any other lyrics we've had for chants, and anything else we currently use.

You all live in the same caravan is brilliant!

You all live in the same caravan is brilliant!

Oh god..

Seriously Hammer you need to get over yourself...

At least when I introduced "You all live in the same caravan" for the first time against CCM is was fucken relevant chant as we were playing a provincial team?

Much more bloody relevant than when you first started your "The K, The G, The K-G-B Chant" for the first anyway. :ph34r:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Can't say this has the best of lyrics. I said it in the old forum also, make the chant more about our beloved team rather than about ourselves, and lose all the drug references.

Tune is good though.

I = Agree.

B = Disagree.

Drug references make this chant, IMO.

How is it 'brilliant' then champ? Please explain. Or maybe you're just an idiot. I don't know.

Perhaps, you could get constructive as well mate and start to add a reshaped version etc that we could trial at MHFC Futsal next month.

Get cracking and if you're passionate about the chant, push it. Start it and get people involved.

• Like 1

How is it 'brilliant' then champ? Please explain. Or maybe you're just an idiot. I don't know.

You all live in the same caravan is a slightly humorous yet simple chant that was used to degrade central coast mariners team when they played against melbourne heart. However this chant is not good enough to live up to the standards of some of the terrace folk and so therefor should not be sung too often.

Next time I won't throw around the term brilliant so loosely to avoid people getting cross and calling one another idiots.... Champ

Edited by Hazzaverx