Melbourne Football

I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles! [West Ham United]

Hammerhead

Seeing I'm new to the world of championship league. (new to soccer overall pretty much). How do finals work. I no top 2 get auto promo. An next 4 teams battle out for the 1 remaining spot. But is it top team wins the league like EPL? Or is it play offs etc.

Inb4 n00b post.

Seeing I'm new to the world of championship league. (new to soccer overall pretty much). How do finals work. I no top 2 get auto promo. An next 4 teams battle out for the 1 remaining spot. But is it top team wins the league like EPL? Or is it play offs etc.

Inb4 n00b post.

Team that finishes 1st is awarded Championship & automatic promotion.

Team that finishes 2nd is awarded automatic promotion.

Playoff consists of 3rd v 6th, 4th v 5th with the winners playing off in a Promotion Final @ Wembley.

No worries!

On to something West Ham, We really need a good striker. Especially if we go up next year. Even Big sam has point out our lacking

"It all boils down to sticking the ball in the back of the net. If we'd had Rickie Lambert in our team we'd have won the Championship already!"

Am really surprised that non of our strikers have hit double figures this year, with Cole our best with 9. Spent money in the transfer period on Maynard hopefully he can start finding the back of the net with more frequency, Seemed bossed around and ineffective against Palace, didn't do much against Watford.

Edited by Hammerhead

The problem with the strikers we do have is they have come from lower championship clubs where they will find more space afforded to them than while in a West Ham shirt. It's the reason we have struggled at home. Every team bar none has come to Upton Park and sat ten men on the top of there box. Regardless of whether they are a championship team or not that is always hard to break down. We are the only club in the league that has had to attempt to put up with this sort of thing. Other clubs have been going to Soton and Reading and the likes and at least attempting to move forward and leave themselves exposed.

Unfortunately we don't have that striker that is good enough to unlock those ten men. Carlton has played well all season when he is a lone striker the majority of the time. It's more the Maynard's and Baldocks we need poaching more goals from the knock downs and so on. We have shown that when a team attempts to come at us we have the extra quality over the rest of the league to dismantle them (i.e. away from home)

Hopefully we can get through the season and pick up the required points. Don't think my heart could hold out for a play off run.

• Like 1

The problem is, you see we've never consistently had good strikers who score goals. (Cole, Ba, Tevez and Ashton are the obvious exceptions..).

Club needs to stop going after recycled hacks such as Diego Tristian, Henri Camara, Benni McCarthy, Davide Di Michele, Ilan, Ricardo Vaz Te, Freddy Piquonne, John Carew etc (I've probably missed a few) and get some REAL quality into the team.

Not to sure on how many of our signings this season will cut it at Premier League level. I like Sam Baldock alot, but he's definitely not at a high enough level for PL, neither is Nicky Maynard imo..

The only players in our current team that are of high enough quality to cut it in the Premier League is Green, Tomkins, Taylor, Noble, Nolan, Cole and perhaps a few others.

With having spent so much money already, and not being keen to splurge once more - yoyo club status beckons tbh.

I wouldn't mind Tevez. Or Torres. They can kick goals. Well they used to be able to.

Coming from a Chelsea fan who has a soft spot for West Ham - no, you do not want Torres. Fuck i mean i'd help put in funds to see him dropped from Chelsea if it were possible.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

you're staying down, you're staying down, you're staying dowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn!

can't wait for blackpool/brum fans to start singing "your season's over, why don't you go home?" when you're down 2-0 with 10 to go.

Archived.

Anyway:

578169_366180646762465_199098633470668_944481_1445043197_n.jpg

Edited by marteaux

• 2 weeks later...