Melbourne Football

KONY 2012

fastfly100

and i dont want the people to make a kony tifo because it will just be a waste of time

How will other people making a tifo be a waste of your time?

Or are you saying its a waste of their time, in which case why do you care how other people spend their time?

While I agree that a Tifo of this mightn't work because of the personalities around and how everyone wants to keep things 100% football, good on you for trying! People need to be more aware of what's happening in this world and not so close minded. In saying all this I've missed a fair bit due to studies. What is the next tifo going to be or is it all top secret :ph34r:

What i am saying is that those who want this to happen are either

a) already aware this guy has been on the scene since the 80s and feel very strongly about this and will most likely already be involved in human rights groups. In which case they will be aware of all the red tape involved in a public awareness stunt like this.

B) they have only recently heard/cared about this since seeing a youtube video within the past seven days or so. In which case the video must have made such a huge impression on them that they are willing to make an elaborate tifo and organize to have it unveiled either tomorrow or by our last home game which next week.

C) they feel mildly disturbed enough to make a small crappy banner than only a handful of people will see and most likely take the piss out of.

Or d) they don't actually care that much at all and will give up when they realise what is actually involved in making tifo.

If its either a or b i will tip my hat regardless of what my personal opinions on the matter are. If its c or d then at best we will have some people who will have a greater appreciation of what goes into making tifo and will hopefully become more involved. At worst less people will post suggestions on here expecting other people to put in all the work.

There are many tiers of hipster. The first tier is the blind support-- ie, the `sheep` who supports something simply because it's popular. The second, and more advanced form of hipster, is the one who /opposes/ the popular topic because it is popular. The third and one of the most advance forms of hipster is the `enlightened` hipster. This hipster plays both sides of the fence-- being neither for, or against the popular item. He just knows enough of both sides of the fence to be able to out-hipster the lower ranks of hipsterism.

• Like 1

There are many tiers of hipster. The first tier is the blind support-- ie, the `sheep` who supports something simply because it's popular. The second, and more advanced form of hipster, is the one who /opposes/ the popular topic because it is popular. The third and one of the most advance forms of hipster is the `enlightened` hipster. This hipster plays both sides of the fence-- being neither for, or against the popular item. He just knows enough of both sides of the fence to be able to out-hipster the lower ranks of hipsterism.

My mind is full of fucks

How will other people making a tifo be a waste of your time?

Or are you saying its a waste of their time, in which case why do you care how other people spend their time?

i just think that instead of focusing on Kony and what he is doing and publising it on facebook or as a tifo, which others will have to make, they could use that time to help out people in the community more

• Like 1

Doesn't this essentially cover all sides of any debate? The only way to not be a hipster is to not have any conscious knowledge of an event or issue? I'm sometimes glad I live in the bogan capital of the world. Such ideas go far over my head.

• Like 1