Melbourne Football

Javier Cabrera

Harrison

14 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

So we’ve all seen the rumours. Seems he’s on the way out.

All a bit strange. Was always going to take a while to adapt but he seems to be getting there. Perhaps both parties have lost patience? 

He also could have had a buyout clause in his contract that has been triggered by a club in a league that are familiar with him and how he plays. They may consider it smart business. City may see it as easing cap space.  

8 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Suits us and him, which strongly suggests incoming. 

Agreed. Could be reading into this to much, but I’d say no fee suggests that we’re trying to offload him more than the other club pursing him. 

welcome rajos

• Like 1

15 hours ago, IssySG said:

Agreed. Could be reading into this to much, but I’d say no fee suggests that we’re trying to offload him more than the other club pursing him. 

Bloke has never generated a fee in his career.
I take the opposite view. The fact we are not paying him out suggests he wants to leave.

4 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Bloke has never generated a fee in his career.
I take the opposite view. The fact we are not paying him out suggests he wants to leave.

Id guess that he got a decent offer from Argentina and was happy to go back if we were interested in moving him on, we saw a window with Rojas being available and both parties pretty much agreed to mutually terminate, on the proviso that City were comfortable that they had the replacement ready to go. If Rojas chooses to go elsewhere i think it could well be delayed until we find someone else, but the fact that the Argentinian is reporting specific days makes me think that Rojas discussions are a pretty decent way down the track and are more likely than not. Here's to hoping anyway, because whilst Cabrera has been serviceable, Rojas is a clear upgrade on exposed A League form over the journey.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
On 05/01/2021 at 7:50 PM, Nate said:

Cabrera was really good and could cross better than anybody we've ever had before, aside from Mooy. Wouldn't be mad if he returned provided he was committed until the end of the season. 

True, though I’ve got the shits with him leaving in the first place, just when he was starting to play well.

im with @mus-28. He stayed, might have been the difference.

Anyway doesn’t matter, his salary is now directed to Nabbout; we can’t afford him.

• Like 1