Melbourne Football

Herzlich Willkommen Richard Windbichler

haz

• 4 months later...
39 minutes ago, JMSTEP123 said:

I know it seems high, but is there any relative data compared with other teams in the league?

It might not be higher compared to other teams but it seems to happen a lot to our marquee/visa players. Second time for Windy this season already and had an broken season last year. With Maclaren I’m almost certain he played too much football in recent weeks. 

43 minutes ago, JMSTEP123 said:

I know it seems high, but is there any relative data compared with other teams in the league?

I believe the League or the FFA publishes the information after every season?

1 minute ago, Mr MO said:

It might not be higher compared to other teams but it seems to happen a lot to our marquee/visa players. Second time for Windy this season already and had an broken season last year. With Maclaren I’m almost certain he played too much football in recent weeks. 

Yes, anecdotally it does seem to happen a lot, but I don't know what the statistics are. Adelaide had a marquee miss almost the whole of last season didn't they, and now Newcastle have the same thing?

What I am uneasy about is that we (again) "seem" to get a lot of training injuries, and I've wondered for a long time whether our players are actually over-training because of the way our season and off-season are structured?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
34 minutes ago, Harrison said:

A very good player at this level, though not surprising for a guy who was in the K League TOTS in 2018. If he keeps fit we’re looking golden down back. 

That was a very classy display. Looked very much the defensive General, well positioned, reading the play. Good signs.

• 3 months later...