Melbourne Football

FFA Cup (Rd. of 32) v. Campbelltown City (SA) 31/7/19 (Away)

citypool

A couple of good points above. To clarify, we don’t play with a 10, not on paper or on the pitch. We play with two 8s and Brillante is the single pivot. Inverted fullbacks affect the shape of the team in the attacking phases. 

I agree with the sentiment that our fullbacks aren’t well-equipped to operate centrally. I’m also sceptical that we even used this tactic because Galloway didn’t tuck in at all and Jamieson wasn’t central when we had possession and were attacking. If that match was anything to go by we didn’t use it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, playmaker said:

From my point of view, I am just interested to see how this tactic progresses. Mombaerts said that it was his goal, so we will see.

Yes. It’s what separates a good manager from a very good manager. 

It’s also going to depend on our players and their ability to implement it on-field. And I think that’s the biggest problem. We have limitations here.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mr MO said:

Correct they both speak French and Eric pretty well but I can’t imagine he needs Florin on the field to get his vision across.

Mombaerts: *Point at Florian*

Mombaerts: "See this man, play the opposite of him."

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, citypool said:

I just want to add with Sydney, Perth and victory out Sportsbet have Melbourne city as  favourites to win the ffa cup. Personally I think it’s going to be wsw winning it at their new stadium 

It’s a great chance to win it with all of those clubs out. I’m not surprised we’re favourites.