Melbourne Football

Western Sydney

LR9

"The club will investigate a post-match incident in which members of club's Red and Black Bloc vented their displeasure at the players. After disgruntled fans allegedly yelled at the players, fullback Shannon Cole tried to placate them by telling them the players were trying their hardest.Officials suggested some fans weren't impressed with Cole's explanation, with one apparently trying to climb the fence, to be held back by security staff."

Source: The Age, 2 Jan 2015

"The club will investigate a post-match incident in which members of club's Red and Black Bloc vented their displeasure at the players. After disgruntled fans allegedly yelled at the players, fullback Shannon Cole tried to placate them by telling them the players were trying their hardest.Officials suggested some fans weren't impressed with Cole's explanation, with one apparently trying to climb the fence, to be held back by security staff."

Source: The Age, 2 Jan 2015

Hahaha plebs

Didn't realise the same ref got them through the group stages, quarters and semi's? Yes they were lucky as all hell in the final but they still made it to the final which was a mammoth effort for a largely average playing group. If heart players had achieved the same thing I would not be slagging them off a few months later after a string of bad results in the league.

Edited by perthheart

Didn't realise the same ref got them through the group stages, quarters and semi's? Yes they were lucky as all hell in the final but they still made it to the final which was a mammoth effort for a largely average playing group. If heart players had achieved the same thing I would not be slagging them off a few months later after a string of bad results in the league.

I don't disagree. But had the ref not been completely incompetent they wouldn't be Asian champions.

I agree. WSW also gives me the impression of there being serious discontent within the squad. Also some issues with some of the new players?????

The desperation in the A League has gone missing ... just look at Nikita Rukavytsa not getting to that tap in goal.

I suspect the World Club Cup bonus issue has removed any loyalty from the players.

In addition, being Asian Champions and being prevented from being paid like Asian Champions in the A League by the salary cap, many players who performed well are now actively looking for the biggest deal they can get, in most cases it will be in Asia.

As a result performances have dropped.

Plus of course Shinji Ono's creativity, particularly in the final third, is a big loss, as well as Hersi when he was fit and firing. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm afraid that we hold both records.

Most consecutive matches in a single League season without a win: 14 (first 14 matches of season 2013-14).

Most consecutive League matches without a win: 19 (last 5 matches of season 2012-13 and first 14 matches of season 2013-14).

I'm afraid that we hold both records.

Most consecutive matches in a single League season without a win: 14 (first 14 matches of season 2013-14).

Most consecutive League matches without a win: 19 (last 5 matches of season 2012-13 and first 14 matches of season 2013-14).

Melbourne boys are still number one!... wait, what?

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently 30 RBB attacked 4 sydney supporters after the derby resulting in a broken foot and wrist. Plus a sydney player being slapped int he face by a wsw supporter.

lmfao 30 PPL who support a franchise not even half a decade old, in a country where jobs are avaliable being dick heads? rofl

go to europe if you want to do that shit ffs, i will never get why cunts do this here in the a-league.. who or what are you fighting for?

• Like 2

Apparently 30 RBB attacked 4 sydney supporters after the derby resulting in a broken foot and wrist. Plus a sydney player being slapped int he face by a wsw supporter.

lmfao 30 PPL who support a franchise not even half a decade old, in a country where jobs are avaliable being dick heads? rofl

go to europe if you want to do that shit ffs, i will never get why cunts do this here in the a-league.. who or what are you fighting for?

193146_5_.jpg

• Like 3