Melbourne Football

Western Sydney

LR9

seriously how do these cunts do it? starting one of the leagues worst ever cb's in topor stanley, bridge and haliti.

if that's not a message to us to get a decent manager and a good gk then i don't know what we're waiting for

Well I didn't see the game, just the score this morning. Agree. It's pretty much down to Popovic running the team with an iron fist, laying down the law and game strategy. Winning starts by having a water tight defence and a bunch of guys that are prepared to throw themselves about on the pitch to achieve that - that's his approach as well as that of Arnie. We reckon we got a good deal getting Mooy but Popo didn't see a future for him at WSW. Why? Did Popo reckon he was a bit soft for his liking? It's over to you JVS :unsure:

Look at the difference Covic made in his last season a mv.

Their defence was terrible and he kept them alive in many games.

Solid, dependable and experienced keeper who knows his role

Has done great job at wsw

We keep persisting with 2 clowns on our books which allow soft/stupid goals in, putting the rest of the team under pressure

• Like 1

Look at the difference Covic made in his last season a mv.

Their defence was terrible and he kept them alive in many games.

Solid, dependable and experienced keeper who knows his role

Has done great job at wsw

We keep persisting with 2 clowns on our books which allow soft/stupid goals in, putting the rest of the team under pressure

Great call. 

I watched the whole game last night and I can almost guarantee that if WSW had Redmayne or Velaphi in goal, the scoreline would probably have ended up 5-1 to Guangzhou. 

Covic was imposing, agile and saved almost everything and he did this while playing injured.

Lippi bossing it with a cigar

I lol'd

What a win though, WSW to play FC Seoul in the semi-final. 

Love watching the Guangzhou fans losing their nut too, too good ahahaha.

u would consider WSW is lucky playing Guangzhou rather than Beijing Shandong Liaoning or Dalian. Those clubs' fan wont let players or WSW fans go. Their team bus will be honeycomb and it could be even worse since everyone in China know that cunt called Clive Palmer said couple of days ago.

• Like 1

seriously how do these cunts do it? starting one of the leagues worst ever cb's in topor stanley, bridge and haliti.

if that's not a message to us to get a decent manager and a good gk then i don't know what we're waiting for

In a word. Tony.

But did Popovic develop #yoof like exciting Socceroo lock in Aziz Behich??? :hmm:

• Like 1

Are there any rumours about who the new manager of Palace might be?

Popovic is a favourite son there and they could do a lot worse (though i suspect WSW will be considered irrelevant "Sunday League" kick around to their board, if they have even heard of them of course).

Neil Warnock has been appointed palace manager

Are there any rumours about who the new manager of Palace might be?

Popovic is a favourite son there and they could do a lot worse (though i suspect WSW will be considered irrelevant "Sunday League" kick around to their board, if they have even heard of them of course).

Already been announced. Neil Warnock.

EDIT: Never mind, KSK beat me by a matter of seconds haha.

Edited by hakz7
  • Like 1

A new chant:

Gotta hand it to them, it's pretty catchy.

Euro inspired chants trump everything

Really?

I often find a lot of them dull, repetitive and due to their irelevance to what is happening on the field sometimes pretty boring as well.

It sounds lazy but I think I will enjoy them more now as a Non Active Supporter when I get to see them from afar than I did as a partaker of Bay 16.

A new chant:

Gotta hand it to them, it's pretty catchy.

Euro inspired chants trump everything

Really?

I often find a lot of them dull, repetitive and due to their irelevance to what is happening on the field sometimes pretty boring as well.

It sounds lazy but I think I will enjoy them more now as a Non Active Supporter when I get to see them from afar than I did as a partaker of Bay 16.

Tend to agree Cad.

One chant i think is spot on is to the tune of Belinda Carlisle - Heaven is a place on earth. Works well. Annoyed they got in first. Would have loved to jump to this. 

Attended a game in Sweden last month and 

• 2 weeks later...

Juric supposedly wanted by Sanfrecce Hiroshima

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/soccer/western-sydney-wanderers-star-tomi-juric-targeted-by-japanese-giants-20140917-10idx1.html

Have always liked his sense for goal and has a kick like a mule. Would have been a good replacement for NoGoal Mebrahtu.

Can see that happening, they rejected offers for him and Spiranovic because they wanted to challenge for the ACL. As the article says, if he is leaving in January for the new J-League season, that works out quite well.

Dunno how much of a step up the J-League is these days though, with the A-League getting quite strong as well, would be better if he ended up in a decent Euro league.

Edited by Tesla