Melbourne Football

19/20 Puma Kits

Dylan

2 hours ago, Dylan said:

Nah id say its home away and third

I never see the point of the third kit in a small league besides marketing and money. So black the away kit and white with red stripes third? I hope it’s the other way around. It will take another social media rally to let the club know that red & white should be the permanent away kit.

Edited by Mr MO

11 hours ago, jw1739 said:

I think there may b a slow drift back towards the inclusion of red as an acknowledgement that a lot of damage was done when we went to City blue.

Perhaps yes but there won’t be a change if red and white remains the third kit and we never us it, remember we only used it for the anniversary game and after social media pressure for the grand final (unless that was always the plan, we never know).

Unless you are referring to the red on the black kit which gives you hope!

26 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Personally i'd rather the red and white kit as a third if it meant one home game a year we had a 'Heritage' round. IMO that's a win for the fans. Whats the point of it being an away kit if most of us only every get to see it on TV.

I won't ever give up hope that we will use red and white for the Christmas Derby.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Personally i'd rather the red and white kit as a third if it meant one home game a year we had a 'Heritage' round. IMO that's a win for the fans. Whats the point of it being an away kit if most of us only every get to see it on TV.

Really you don’t value seeing us play every away game in red&white?

Last year was a once in ten years event that we played in red&white I think you are giving up on our heritage too easily. What I’m saying is that if there is no reintroduced heritage round, we will never play in the third kit going by the previous seasons. We won’t have an FFA cup either for additional games unless we go far in the ACL.

6 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Really you don’t value seeing us play every away game in red&white?

Last year was a once in ten years event that we played in red&white I think you are giving up on our heritage too easily. What I’m saying is that if there is no reintroduced heritage round, we will never play in the third kit going by the previous seasons. We won’t have an FFA cup either for additional games unless we go far in the ACL.

I'm happy for us to play in it away for sure, but if you're giving me the choice between red and white away, or one home game every year where we wear it and have a bit of a nostalgia round then its an easy choice in my eyes, and certainly amongst the circles i've discussed it with. Not saying that will be everyone's preference, but it's definitely mine and its certainly been a popular suggestion when i've talked to other fans about it.

54 minutes ago, bt50 said:

I'm happy for us to play in it away for sure, but if you're giving me the choice between red and white away, or one home game every year where we wear it and have a bit of a nostalgia round then its an easy choice in my eyes, and certainly amongst the circles i've discussed it with. Not saying that will be everyone's preference, but it's definitely mine and its certainly been a popular suggestion when i've talked to other fans about it.

But you are making the assumption and gambling on that we are having an anniversary game every year. Also almost suggesting the CFG wouldn’t be open to play anywhere else. However it would be lovely to make this tradition to do this every year against the CCM however I’m not having any hopes.

Edited by Mr MO

11 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

But you are making the assumption and gambling on that we are having an anniversary game every year. Also almost suggesting the CFG wouldn’t be open to play anywhere else. However it would be lovely to make this tradition to do this every year against the CCM however I’m not having any hopes.

No im not assuming or stating anything of the sort, i'm just saying that would be my choice if it was an option.

FWIW i do think that's the path they're going down, but that's purely speculative on my behalf. It may well be that the third kit is solely for Sydney away. Time will tell.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bt50 said:

No im not assuming or stating anything of the sort, i'm just saying that would be my choice if it was an option.

FWIW i do think that's the path they're going down, but that's purely speculative on my behalf. It may well be that the third kit is solely for Sydney away. Time will tell.

I actually think the dynamic of the relationship between the actual club in Melbourne and CFG is that in terms of kits and stuff the Melbourne side have very little leverage or options and they can only push so far. I would not be surprised at all if the Melbourne group is all for red on the home kit or something along those lines but id say they get rebuffed from Manchester and or Puma

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, icantthinkofacoolname said:

Blue shorts and socks suck, but the shirt itself is really nice and I'm glad it has a white collar and on the sleeves rather than just blue (like Montevideo has)

What is wrong with the CFG, blue shorts aren’t even worn in Manchester and we didn’t either in our early City years -white shorts look so much be better, another year in pyjamas. I just don’t understand this decision just like last year.

Without jumping the gun I haven’t seen a picture of the full kit actually.

Edited by Mr MO

7 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Not sure that collar is suitable for a Melbourne summer.

Our away kit should be red and white.

Fuck CFG, foreign ownership and modern football.

Basically nothing has changed from last year full blue pyjama home kit with no relation to our inaugural white shorts, black away kit and red/white third kit to gather dust. Rinse and repeat from last year. Missed opportunity in my mind.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr MO said:

Basically nothing has changed from last year full blue pyjama home kit with no relation to our inaugural white shorts, black away kit and red/white third kit to gather dust. Rinse and repeat from last year. Missed opportunity in my mind.

Still have third kit to be released later today

1 hour ago, haz said:

Eh not as good as I was thinking it would be.

"A nod to the last. A look to the future"

Soooo less Red and more White?

Cryptic message indeed - What does that mean? Slowly get rid of red and introduce more white, as if we don’t know what CFG is up to haha. It’s even more confusing reading with the overwhelming fan response to a red kit in the grand final.

16 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Cryptic message indeed - What does that mean? Slowly get rid of red and introduce more white, as if we don’t know what CFG is up to haha. It’s even more confusing reading with the overwhelming fan response to a red kit in the grand final.

Lol you guys are overanalysing it, it's not that deep. It's not cryptic it's just generic.

2 minutes ago, neio said:

Reasonably good job with kits this year, home and 3rd are really good. And the away one isn't terrible

The main thing I like though is that these are our kits, they arnt a Manchester City template with different colours. 

Well we can thank not having Nike for that.. Puma first 2 seasons kits much better than Nike ever produced