Melbourne Football

Scott Galloway

Harrison

He is a capable player, but the one thing I can't get out of my mind is that he leaves his club after 12-18 months, even though he has been a regular starter at every one. I wonder if there is a non playing issue that clubs keep having with him that makes him too hard to keep 

7 minutes ago, neio said:

He is a capable player, but the one thing I can't get out of my mind is that he leaves his club after 12-18 months, even though he has been a regular starter at every one. I wonder if there is a non playing issue that clubs keep having with him that makes him too hard to keep 

It’s a good point. He seems to jump around a lot. Maybe he finally wants to settle in Melbourne now? 

That’s what I’m hoping. 

26 minutes ago, neio said:

I reckon he goes where the money is

6 minutes ago, rayv36 said:

I reckon he goes where the money is

I don't think he does, he wasn't signed at Adelaide until a week before the season after a pre season trial

I really hope it works out, that's just my one question mark

47 minutes ago, neio said:

So the glass is half empty then....

5 minutes ago, wombegongal said:

So the glass is half empty then....

Not at all, I think he is a pretty solid player and could be a really solid signing. But you can't escape the facts we are his 5th club. I hope he settles here well and we keep him for his 3 year deal and even longer after that 

20 minutes ago, neio said:

I don't think he does, he wasn't signed at Adelaide until a week before the season after a pre season trial

I really hope it works out, that's just my one question mark

Yeah fair call.

From what I saw of Adelaide this season he was one of their most consistent & better players throughout the year.

1 hour ago, neio said:

City have signed him on a 3 year deal 

Visitors -> Mariners for gametime

Mariners -> Wellington because Mariners were a rabble

Wellington -> Adelaide because Wellington were a rabble 

Now he's had an exceptionally good season at Adelaide we've picked up a top quality full back. Would be happy for him to be first choice on the left or the right.

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

How did we sign him without a coaching team? 

It may seem counter-intuitive to sign players before you have finalised your coaching team, but in practice Galloway will have been in our sights for some time, well before Vidmar decided to leave and Joyce failed to meet his objectives for the season.

1 hour ago, Mr MO said:

How did we sign him without a coaching team? 

The way I see it is a player like Galloway would be signed by just about every coach out there considering his quality and experience, the standard of the league, the restrictions on A-League clubs like the roster size, salary cap, foreign player limits etc and the gaps in our current squad.

The incoming coach should then be able to sign the foreigners he wants because these players should suit the style of play favoured by the new coach and will be the difference between making finals and winning it.

Who knows if that's the case but I'm confident it is. 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Found this guy's thread buried on page 5.

Congratulations to him. Really stepped up when Atkinson went down and made that RB spot his own. Never really put in a bad performance and gave us a lot of attacking drive.

To cap it off with a goal in the GF is pretty special. I think he's finally found a home here after a few stints at a few clubs. He'll have to work his ass off to keep out Atkinson but he looks up for the challenge.

• Like 5

• 3 months later...
2 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Interesting move by Scott.

I guess we won the argument about fighting for a spot on a champion team versus being a guaranteed starter at an also-ran club.

Im pleased he’s staying.

Also he’s only 26. At end of his contract would have spent 6 years at the club 

4 hours ago, Shahanga said:

I guess we won the argument about fighting for a spot on a champion team versus being a guaranteed starter at an also-ran club.

Im pleased he’s staying.

Very good player IMO. Likewise very happy to see him staying with us.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Shahanga said:

Im pleased he’s staying.

Playing the long game. The competition for his place will be playing in Europe before long...

3 hours ago, fensaddler said:

Playing the long game. The competition for his place will be playing in Europe before long...

Remember he can play on both sides as well, genuine utility at the back. Didn’t loose his cool either when not getting enough game time.

His composed GF goal was such a well taken shot. I can’t remember the game but didn’t he Kung-Fu a winner home as well from the back line?

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 1