Melbourne Football

R27: City v CCM, Friday 26 April, 7.50pm, AAMI Park

Harrison

2 hours ago, Mr MO said:

Isn't De Laet dropped?

Both De Laet and Harrison are rested for this match. They both have 7 yellows. One more and they would have 8, meaning they would be suspended for the Elimination Final. Yellow cards are reduced to zero at the completion of the 27th match and are not carried into the finals, but any suspension must be served in the finals.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Both De Laet and Harrison are rested for this match. They both have 7 yellows. One more and they would have 8, meaning they would be suspended for the Elimination Final. Yellow cards are reduced to zero at the completion of the 27th match and are not carried into the finals, but any suspension must be served in the finals.

The club made a good decision for once?

1 hour ago, Dylan said:

Seems like the club is very concerned about the crowd number tonight. Good

Attendance is a trailing indicator. What needs to be addressed is the broken connection between the club and its latent support.

Despite a dismal season, Brisbane supporters have never given up. 11,700+ there last night. Even if you say there were a few Adelaide fans there and it was a holiday, that's a turnout we can only dream of now and can't get close to even with giveaways. They can already see their coach for next season, and he has 6 months to build a squad. They have hope.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Despite a dismal season, Brisbane supporters have never given up. 11,700+ there last night. Even if you say there were a few Adelaide fans there and it was a holiday, that's a turnout we can only dream of now and can't get close to even with giveaways. They can already see their coach for next season, and he has 6 months to build a squad. They have hope.

I think most showed up because it was the Anzac Day match, it was the unveiling of Fowler as head coach and it was the final match for two club legends.

They've been getting around 8k for a few months, so this is an outlier. 

But Fowler's appointment could be a masterstroke. He is inexperienced, but he can potentially attract some very good players. 

Edited by Harrison
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, Harrison said:

I think most showed up because it was the Anzac Day match, it was the unveiling of Fowler as head coach and it was the final match for two club legends.

They've been getting around 8k for a few months, so this is an outlier. 

But Fowler's appointment could be a masterstroke. He is inexperienced, but he can potentially attract some very good players. 

Maybe I could just add that if we had decent management maybe we could have had the chance tonight to farewell one of the best players we've ever had - Bruno Fornaroli.

image.thumb.png.f675c5ca93bae8cb9273cbb30302c619.png

Edited by jw1739
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Maybe I could just add that if we had decent management maybe we could have had the chance tonight to farewell one of the best players we've ever had - Bruno Fornaroli.

Wow! Those figures are appalling. I've seen so many people drop off. Fans are just sick of all the hype then they don't deliver. 

Things can look very serious next season if things are not drastically changed.

4 hours ago, jw1739 said:

yes, fans never got a chance to say thank you to Bruno. We do get a chance to say goodbye to Joyce next week though

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tony999 said:

Wow! Those figures are appalling. I've seen so many people drop off. Fans are just sick of all the hype then they don't deliver. 

If you take the Derby out, our home attendances have averaged 6952...

1 hour ago, Tony999 said:

Indeed. A lot of those that have been regulars this season won't be bothering next. Count me amongst them unless there are big changes.