Melbourne Football

Week 23: Melbourne v Wellington Phoenix - Mar 10 - 5:30pm

Caddy

Heart 0 - Phoenix 1

To be honest, I'm not so sure, but can only hope.

It seems like you've got your season back on track.

We were lucky against Sydney and if we don't improve, then we need to be just as lucky as last weekend.

Doubt it will happen twice.

Edited by danepak

Heart 2 - 1 Nux.

Crowd of 7500, all the half victory supporters will now jump on the bandwagon so they have a team to support during the finals, and they will then claim they have supported us all along.

Goals: Duga x 1, Thompson x 1.

Greenacre x 1

Don't know about the score, but what I do know is that we are still 5th, Newcastle are now level on points with us, but a last-gasp equaliser from Central Coast has denied Sydney three points, so we have a three-point break on the latter.

All to play for in the final three games of the season.

I reckon if we win this it will secure the finals..

I predict a 1-0 to us.. The boys look like they have their confidence back and nobody can tell me that having injuries doesn't have an impact, especially in this league..

Would love to see Mate score..

Edited by kontra.11

This game is arguably the biggest test for the club since the 1st derby, and making the finals could very well depend upon the result. There is already an expectation that we will win and each time this has happened we have been flat and dropped points. It is also an early kick-off and for some crazy reason in the past we have struggled with early games, although we bucked that trend two weeks ago against CCM.

I predict the boys will come through with flying colours, score first, and then smash Wellington 3 nil.

the last game result will boost the team's confidence. they were glowing and pretty pleased after the Roar game.

they have a score to settle with Phoenix.

I read Good say that they were very silent in the rooms in the match and angry at not getting the three points they deserved...

Every time we've had a chance to build momentum and crowds at home this year, we've put in a poor performance.

- the first home game of the season where we lost to Perth in front of more than 7,000.

- when our winning streak ended to Adelaide that Wednesday arvo in front of over 8,000.

- losing to Perth again to kick off a run of three games at home.

With finals on offer, here's another chance to get it right.

Also, looking at the draw, I think we need to win all three remaining games to have a chance of a home final. Perth have an easy enough looking draw to be able to tie up a home final. (CCM home, GCU away, MV home) We need to get in front of Wellington (MH away, MV away, CCM home) and stay ahead of Newcastle. Important is an understatement for this game.

Edited by Sash

Was really looking forward to this game and then the mate I go with decided to have his party on Saturday while the other mate just got himself into a knee brace FFS.

May still ride solo into the Rooster Kop if I'm feeling it on Saturday.

i go solo even went to brissy last week solo get committed!