Melbourne Football

Joe Palatsides has resigned.

Mork

We'll have to wait and see I think. There may be further information if and when the club makes a formal announcement. But it wouldn't surprise me if this is fall-out related to Joyce. JP's tribute to Bruno was telling IMO. Perhaps he's going to WU?

Joe was easily our longest-serving assistant coach, and responsible for the recruitment of our talented youth. Major loss to the club. 

FMD, the club is disintegrating.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Mork said:

JP has left the Club. Can anyone explain reasons?

Leaving mid npl season he must have a valid reason. He's been at the club for a while and been very successful with the youth. Either another job opportunity or not happy with what's happening up above? 

17 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

@Mork I can't find anything official about this. What is your source please?

@jw1739 it wouldn’t surprise me if nothing was mentioned about it. I’m not going to lob others in but the information is 100%. I also do know that he was not in the clique after MV and JM were shown the door. The writing was on the wall since Joyce and Kisnorbo took the reins.

8 hours ago, Mork said:

I also do know that he was not in the clique after MV and JM were shown the door. The writing was on the wall since Joyce and Kisnorbo took the reins.

@foghorn What do you mean 'writing on the wall? Is there something between the 3. 

1 hour ago, AXIOM said:

@foghorn What do you mean 'writing on the wall? Is there something between the 3. 

I’m talking more about the security blanket of the JVS crew. Not the snake pit of Joyce and Kisnorbo. Actually I wouldn’t be surprised if PK was behind it tbh. That dog would be capable of it. 

3 minutes ago, Mork said:

I’m talking more about the security blanket of the JVS crew. Not the snake pit of Joyce and Kisnorbo. Actually I wouldn’t be surprised if PK was behind it tbh. That dog would be capable of it. 

Interesting I think you know more then your letting on. Tell us what you know I promise I won't tell anyone. 

What's with all the negative stuff about our die-hard captain PK?

18 hours ago, AXIOM said:

Interesting I think you know more then your letting on. Tell us what you know I promise I won't tell anyone. 

What's with all the negative stuff about our die-hard captain PK?

I’ll just say what I’ve said before, I know what I know. I’ve heard some things, seen some things and come to the conclusion that he’s nothing more than a self serving piece of shite. 

If this rumour is true, this is yet another great loss. What's wrong with this club seriously???

Pala from what I saw at youth games, had a lot of respect not only from his players, but for his players. He has proven himself as a quality coach, year after year by winning trophies for the club. You talk to anyone about Pala, you hear nothing but respect for the man.

Must have been a kick in the gut when they gave Kisnorbo a higher coaching position within the club than him. Kisnorbo mightve been a fan favourite and one of City's top players, but that doesn't mean he will make a good coach. And from what I've heard, there isn't much respect from the players for Paddy (or Kalac). You gotta earn the respect of the players to make a great coach. Pala should have been given a go over Paddy.

Wazza, Paddy and Kalac screaming for 90 minutes at players on the park every week from the sidelines is embarrassing. If thats their strategy, to bully and intimidate players the whole game, its not working fellas. Give it up. Let the players play. 

Anyway..........rant over. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Confirmed. https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/disenchanted-melbourne-city-youth-guru-quits-club

How many more people need to leave this club before the real troublemakers are given the arse?

FMD, what a dreadful season we are having. WTF can't someone like Pearce or even Mubarak see what the problem is?

If winning isn't a priority then there's no problem

4 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Confirmed. https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/disenchanted-melbourne-city-youth-guru-quits-club

How many more people need to leave this club before the real troublemakers are given the arse?

FMD, what a dreadful season we are having. WTF can't someone like Pearce or even Mubarak see what the problem is?

What if the problem is the person staring right back at them in the mirror? 

9 hours ago, n i k o said:

What if the problem is the person staring right back at them in the mirror? 

That could be a problem as you might know. There is always two sides to a story. Maybe Valkanis Joe.m and the 10-15 players that have all left need to look in the mirror also.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Reminds me of a previous employer. The talent leaves and the overpaid incompetents stay, powering the ship onto shoal after shoal. 

It’s like a bloody Shakespearian tragedy.

• Like 1

The first public acknowledgment of Joe's departure that I have seen from the club. Buried in this article:

https://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/news/npl-report-city-3-0-manningham-united-blues

"A change was also made in the City dugout: Rado Vidosic taking on Head Coaching duties after the departure of Joe Palatsides from the club."

9 hours ago, jw1739 said:

The first public acknowledgment of Joe's departure that I have seen from the club. Buried in this article:

https://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/news/npl-report-city-3-0-manningham-united-blues

"A change was also made in the City dugout: Rado Vidosic taking on Head Coaching duties after the departure of Joe Palatsides from the club."

As stated earlier not surprised in least.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...