Jump to content
Melbourne Football

Jamie Maclaren


TheStig
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 6 months later...
1 hour ago, kingofhearts said:

What did they say?

Wilko was openly critical at JMAC putting his wedding above the Socceroos and Archie put the Good unavailability forward as an example that commitment is the problem of this Socceroo team.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mr MO said:

Wilko was openly critical at JMAC putting his wedding above the Socceroos and Archie put the Good unavailability forward as an example that commitment is the problem of this Socceroo team.

Archie is a Victory knob. Just having a go at everything City. Problem is there's nobody in the 10/Paramount team who have any love for City. They are all Victory fans. There's no balance or insight. At least with Fox we had Bozza who was positive about City.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Mr MO said:

So he’s getting married soon hence he won’t be travelling with the Socceroos after the Japan game but is he available for selection against MacArthur?

My question was answered an hour ago by the club - JMAC will be part of the team for MacArthur.

He must getting married on Sunday then?

Get ready for the backlash “he won’t play for his country but will play for City”.

Edited by Mr MO
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

My question was answered an hour ago by the club - JMAC will be part of the team for MacArthur.

He must getting married on Sunday then?

Get ready for the backlash “he won’t play for his country but will play for City”.

Glad he's back for City this Sat! What's it matter for the national team given he only got 6 minutes anyway. Given we lost to Japan there's very minimal importance in playing Saudi Arabia now. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
16 hours ago, MHFC-FAN said:

I would imagine 3 consecutive golden boots would be a league record? 

Yep also he's the only one on 3 total and soon to be 4, Berisha and Smeltz on 2 each, Smeltz had 2 in a row 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, HughJass said:

Yep also he's the only one on 3 total and soon to be 4, Berisha and Smeltz on 2 each, Smeltz had 2 in a row 

He's definitely going to go down as one of the best strikers in our short club history! Also doubt we'll see another (City) striker replicate these numbers for quite a number of seasons too... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, MHFC-FAN said:

He's definitely going to go down as one of the best strikers in our short club history! Also doubt we'll see another (City) striker replicate these numbers for quite a number of seasons too... 

Bruno wasn't too bad...

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Bruno wasn't too bad...

Yeah he was great and I wish he was played more and didn't have to depart the club under the circumstances that he did! But Jamie is laying his claim as our clubs best striker statistically at present.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

IMO the Bloke is without doubt the deadliest striker in the League. 

Defensively the League has improved this season IMO, but this guy week in week out is super dangerous, yes it would be nice if he scored 20+ this season, but .5 goals per game is elite.

He scored last night and hit the post atleast twice.

We are fortunate to have him.

Edited by Jovan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Jovan said:

 

IMO the Bloke is without doubt the deadliest striker in the League. 

Defensively the League has improved this season IMO, but this guy week in week out is super dangerous, yes it would be nice if he scored 20+ this season, but .5 goals per game is elite.

He scored last night and hit the post atleast twice.

We are fortunate to have him.

Great to have on the books and in the squad for sure. He’s not been himself, he will admit that. squandered many opportunities, field play average and far from lethal this season. All forgotten now.

Now let’s talk ambition of our club, if JMAC is our highest paid marquee player. Assuming we pay our best player the most money, this means JMAC is the standard. Would we be happy with this for the years to come?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Completely ineffective last night.

I can't remember the last time Jmac scored from a ball played over the top, yet we've pursued with that strategy all season. 

He scores with balls played on the ground, but how many times did we attempt that last night? I think more crosses were kicked out of touch. 

Edited by haz
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, haz said:

I can't remember the last time Jmac scored from a ball played over the top, yet we've pursued with that strategy all season. 

He scores with balls played on the ground, but how many times did we attempt that last night? I think more crosses were kicked out of touched. 

Jmac is pretty much ineffective unless he can poach goals. And he's damn good at that. But Western took that away completely which renders him basically useless. I'm starting to think a change of Jmac may have been necessary and influential last night. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Jmac is pretty much ineffective unless he can poach goals. And he's damn good at that. But Western took that away completely which renders him basically useless. I'm starting to think a change of Jmac may have been necessary and influential last night. 

When dominant in possession, a big big problem is that JMAC cannot effectively be used for build up play. Controlling or holding up a ball with defender in your back, setting up consistent one-two’s are attributes he doesn’t have in his locker. 

He’s very easy to defend for the experienced defenders as it’s just very one dimensional.

This forces the team to go to this more direct route as there are just no other options going forward when midfield just doesn’t provide anything.

Final delivery was very poor, our game plan requires these accurate pinpoint long balls and crosses - that isn’t easy at our level anyway.

JMAC scores plenty but misses plenty too this season.

 

Edited by Mr MO
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Jmac is pretty much ineffective unless he can poach goals. And he's damn good at that. But Western took that away completely which renders him basically useless. I'm starting to think a change of Jmac may have been necessary and influential last night. 

But who could we bring on? Raphael wasn't on the bench, so it would have had to be Endoh or Cola.

We just got everything bloody wrong last night. Played the same way that hadn't worked on previous occasions against WU and hoped for a different outcome? We had nothing to offer.

It's been said elsewhere - no need for hysterics. The signs have been there for a while. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...