Melbourne Football

Jamie Maclaren

TheStig

21 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Not sure he was crying for being subbed, more the realization of lifelong goal. 

Bloke needs to be recognised as the greatest of all time. 

I am somewhat a critic of JMac, but respect where respect is due.

One thing that really needs to be emphasised is that not only has the bloke knocked off two major records last night, he has done it in significantly less games.

• Like 6

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
45 minutes ago, MHFC-FAN said:

Surely we are going to extend his contract asap...

Not as main marquee, as much as I appreciate the goals in the regular games, would love to see a spearhead who leads the team and turns up in the big games. Then again with that and better fieldplay he wouldn’t be playing in Australia.

With a rebuild in mind. We also can’t keep playing him as we did with guaranteed play time or not, we need give youngsters minutes upfront.

• Like 4

• 3 months later...
8 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

I wonder if the armband is now up for grabs again. Handpicked and field extension of the coach.

Be mindful that we’ve had the same captain in our recent major thrashings, he captained too in the latter stages of last season.

Change is needed. Arslan ready for it?

Surely Curtis Good would be the perfect captain!?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, MHFC-FAN said:

Surely Curtis Good would be the perfect captain!?

I don't think so. Goody doesn't seem to me to be a strong enough character. Neither is JMac IMO but it's a difficult situation with such an influx of new players. We don't know the dynamics in the dressing room but if there is no-one who is a stand-out leader I'd stick with JMac for the moment. When the bucket is leaking you have to plug the hole before you go out and buy a new bucket - surely Vidmar's first task is to steady the ship?

Edited by jw1739

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

I don't think so. Goody doesn't seem to me to be a strong enough character. Neither is JMac IMO but it's a difficult situation with such an influx of new players. We don't know the dynamics in the dressing room but if there is no-one who is a stand-out leader I'd stick with JMac for the moment. When the bucket is leaking you have to plug the hole before you go out and buy a new bucket - surely Vidmar's first task is to steady the ship?

Lecks or Aziz for mine, both put in heart and soul, or even Reis who has a bit of mongrel. Aziz comments yesterday about Rado though are peculiar in hindsight 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, CityBoyz said:

😕

So the players were ignoring his instructions to pass quickly and  attack and instead chose to slowly pass the ball sideways and backwards without any urgency? Lol

Edited by KSK_47

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...