Melbourne Football

Jamie Maclaren

TheStig

21 minutes ago, SF33 said:

In fairness, it looks like the sub-editor took a bit of creative licence on the headline with Davutovic's piece in the first. He was a few hours off the mark, but the lead paragraph is a lot iffier about Maclaren suiting up for Sunday than the headline.

Miracle if he plays on Sunday - week after definitely however.

Davutovic has now posted this btw... Oh and the club has just confirmed it.

image.png.4e036a0052faaea2ca565b8d6e8a7374.png

Edited by rass

Ahh ok now I see how it was done. At least there is some clarity around the FIFA regs (which are very broad)

So basically,  Us and Darmstadt both had the TMS in the FIFA system before our deadline (which has a 30 day expiry period) and the regs probably dont explicitly outlaw a TMS being registered if there is already another loan deal, it just wouldnt go through if a termination agreement could not be reached between Hibbs and Darmstadt within that 30day time period.

30 minutes ago, rass said:

Miracle if he plays on Sunday - week after definitely however.

Davutovic has now posted this btw... Oh and the club has just confirmed it.

image.png.4e036a0052faaea2ca565b8d6e8a7374.png

All good. My point was that Davutovic probably doesn't write the headlines and if you just take the lead paragraph without the headline, the first article wasn't too far from the mark.

I guess it also emphasises that it's never a done deal until at least one of the clubs involved confirms it. He can want it to happen. His loan club, his contracted club, his destination club can all want it to happen, but then a coach gets sacked out of the blue and nearly causes the whole thing to fall through.

Just now, SF33 said:

All good. My point was that Davutovic probably doesn't write the headlines and if you just take the lead paragraph without the headline, the first article wasn't too far from the mark.

I guess it also emphasises that it's never a done deal until at least one of the clubs involved confirms it. He can want it to happen. His loan club, his contracted club, his destination club can all want it to happen, but then a coach gets sacked out of the blue and nearly causes the whole thing to fall through.

Yes and those headlines definitely did change daily.

The frustrating thing here is that those 'matters out of their control' always seem to happen to us, to the point we actually expect a fuk up every time. So it's actually nice to see CFG pull out all stops to get him across the line. I hope he lives up to it now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, playmaker said:

If he will score goals for us, he needs someone that can play him attacking passes...... we don't have someone who can do that (or atleast a game plan that restricts it)

Edited by haz
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, haz said:

If he will score goals for us, he needs someone that can play him attacking passes...... we don't have someone who can do that (or atleast a game plan that restricts it)

Brattan, Berenguer and McGree are all capable of playing that pass. The massive help though will be getting a quality winger that will be able to draw a defender or two - something which Fornaroli struggled with once Novillo left.

If this Harrison rumour is true and he can do the above, you will see the space starting to open up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, haz said:

If he will score goals for us, he needs someone that can play him attacking passing...... we don't have someone who can do that (or atleast a game plan that restricts it)

Having a quality forward target gives the midfield confidence. Hopefully Florin, Brattan and De Laet will now be able to give quality balls to someone that can actually do something with it instead of second guessing themselves.

We will see, but it really does make a big difference to the team.

5 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Having a quality forward target gives the midfield confidence. Hopefully Florin, Brattan and De Laet will now be able to give quality balls to someone that can actually do something with it instead of second guessing themselves.

We will see, but it really does make a big difference to the team.

...drain the swamp?

• Like 1

Thank God for that. 

PS: Davutovic does NOT write the headlines.  No reporter, news or sport, does so at the Herald Sun or elsewhere, despite management efforts at media organisations worldwide over the last 10 years to remove professional headline writers. No one here knows this better than me.  I am one.

12 minutes ago, Harrison said:

I’m hoping for a 4-3-3 with Maclaren as the striker but if we do bring in Harrison we might go with a 3-5-2 and have the two new signings as the strikers and RDL and SJ as the two widest players. 

Sorry Harrison I wrote that with toungue in cheek 

• Haha 1

Joyce is going to have to back away from that criterion if we're going to retain senior players. In fact if you listen to him recently he'e been saying that De Laet has hardly trained at all since the previous match, so he's already paying lip service to his own "rule."

• Like 1

IMO we'll retain 433 with a line up like this;

Galekovic
RDL       Bort         Delbo       Jamo
              Baccus    Griffiths
                       Brattan
McGree           JMac      Harrison

Birra, Good, Wales, Berenguer, Atkinson

Vidosic, Najjar, Najjarine, Metcalfe, La Rocca, Pierias, Delianov

Back to a pretty deep looking squad again with those two additions imo.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, CityWildcat said:

Thank God for that. 

PS: Davutovic does NOT write the headlines.  No reporter, news or sport, does so at the Herald Sun or elsewhere, despite management efforts at media organisations worldwide over the last 10 years to remove professional headline writers. No one here knows this better than me.  I am one.

Is really a job, just writing headlines only?

3 hours ago, bt50 said:

IMO we'll retain 433 with a line up like this;

Galekovic
RDL       Bort         Delbo       Jamo
              Baccus    Griffiths
                       Brattan
McGree           JMac      Harrison

Birra, Good, Wales, Berenguer, Atkinson

Vidosic, Najjar, Najjarine, Metcalfe, La Rocca, Pierias, Delianov

Back to a pretty deep looking squad again with those two additions imo.

Griffiths is a walking red card IMO. Wouldn't have him in my starting line-up.

57 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Me either probably but i think its the most likely approach from Joyce atm. Personally id have Brattan and Berenguer, or even McGree in place of Griffiths with Wales on the wing.

• Like 1

On 01/02/2019 at 7:02 PM, jw1739 said:

So was Patrick Vieira, but sometimes you need some bastard in the middle. I'd still like to see him as a genuine screener parked in front of Bort and Haz with Brattan and Frenchy given the chance to work together. Surely it couldn't be any less creative than with Baccus in there alongside him.

• Like 1