Melbourne Football

Thank you "Melburnians" ... and hello "City Terrace."

mattyh001

If this is the last time or whatever it is, I ask for one small thing that annoys me at every Derby we play at home 

7pm both teams come out to warm up. Victory have a full active bay chanting them on, City have 13 people 6 kids and 9 security guards at their end

Let's get there nice and early and get behind this team 100% from the time they step on the pitch for their warm up until the final whistle 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, neio said:

If this is the last time or whatever it is, I ask for one small thing that annoys me at every Derby we play at home 

7pm both teams come out to warm up. Victory have a full active bay chanting them on, City have 13 people 6 kids and 9 security guards at their end

Let's get there nice and early and get behind this team 100% from the time they step on the pitch for their warm up until the final whistle 

This mentality has aways boggled me. For three reasons. One, the team isn't even competing yet. The game hasn't started so why waste energy for nothing. Two, why try to battle over music turned way too loud and announcements over the PA that drown out the terrace anyway and can't be heard. And three, by the second half everyone's cooked because they put everything into chanting for 50 minutes prior to the game. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, n i k o said:

This mentality has aways boggled me. For three reasons. One, the team isn't even competing yet. The game hasn't started so why waste energy for nothing. Two, why try to battle over music turned way too loud and announcements over the PA that drown out the terrace anyway and can't be heard. And three, by the second half everyone's cooked because they put everything into chanting for 50 minutes prior to the game. 

Not too mention it obviously intrudes on drinking full strength beer.

I don’t really understand why I keep seeing messages that active needs constant funding. Is funding the most critical for active?...personally I don’t care about the flags and banners for every game that’s just me. Buy a beer, stand up and sing songs - easy model. Create a funding raffle for the occasional derby banner and that’s it.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Mr MO said:

I don’t really understand why I keep seeing messages that active needs constant funding. Is funding the most critical for active?...personally I don’t care about the flags and banners for every game that’s just me. Buy a beer, stand up and sing songs - easy model. Create a funding raffle for the occasional derby banner and that’s it.

I agree. And I don't see the argument where it's because of VicPol, club staff and security. Yes, they are all dweebs but we get the same treatment as any other club in the a-league.

IMO we have to cut them some slack - it's tough enough to be a city fan at the moment, let alone be part of the leadership group of our active supporters.

In truth, whatever precise words have been used, they're probably just exhausted by the whole situation around the club at the moment.

I'm not part of the group, or active, but I have every sympathy with them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tony999 said:

End of Melburnian's, birth of City Terrace?

5c1f4b2f8c6bb_Screenshot_20181223-1940582.thumb.png.43d55e721c394326843ebdd1881735dc.png

Would certainly be a shame not to build on the fantastic efforts last night. The trick will be to netralize the them and us thinking, and to unite two different terrace cultures - what we might term 'Anglo spontaneous' and 'Mediterranean capo'. Neither is more or less worthy, and we need both to unite the terrace. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Would certainly be a shame not to build on the fantastic efforts last night. The trick will be to netralize the them and us thinking, and to unite two different terrace cultures - what we might term 'Anglo spontaneous' and 'Mediterranean capo'. Neither is more or less worthy, and we need both to unite the terrace. 

Agree. I don't get into terrace politics, but there are not enough people supporting this club, without having splits in the terrace too. Whatever happens, we should all be pulling in the one direction - terrace, members and casual supporters. 

• Like 3

If this thread has taught me nothing else, it's taught me that active supporter groups past, present and in all likelihood future should probably get over themselves.

It's a thankless task and admirable effort that these groups put in and God knows the administration of this club deserves a good kicking at times but Jesus Christ...they do it because they want to do it.

YQjG.gif

• Like 1