Melbourne Football

Round 3: Sydney FC - 7:50pm AEST - AAMI Park

haz

Was Fornaroli more creative during his debut season, or was it that he had Mooy and Novillo creating for him? It's been a while since Bruno has looked like threatening the goal.

Edit: I'll never forget those goals he created from next to nothing cutting way in from the left wing

Edited by illeatyourheart
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, illeatyourheart said:

Was Fornaroli more creative during his debut season, or was it that he had Mooy and Novillo creating for him? It's been a while since Bruno has looked like threatening the goal.

Edit: I'll never forget those goals he created from next to nothing cutting way in from the left wing

More so because now he is having to collect the balls from the wing. Rarely he gets passed the ball now facing the goal in the centre

Quality marquee player we have right there

At the start of the season I was thinking our defense was best in the league. Boy was I wrong! About 75% of goals scored against us have been due to turnovers in or near our own box

No one played exceptionally bad. Just the whole team went out with no intensity. Its becoming a worrying pattern.

Need a CEO - our culture must be utter mush inside the walls. 

Coaching seemingly a reflection - just meander through the season win some, lose some who cares etc.

Real issue is unlike last season, a lot of teams are actually decent for this level. Not only is it hard to see us making finals, it could get a lot worse! We are of no threat this season. No creativity, no goals.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, haz said:

At the start of the season I was thinking our defense was best in the league. Boy was I wrong! About 75% of goals scored against us have been due to turnovers in or near our own box

No one played exceptionally bad. Just the whole team went out with no intensity. Its becoming a worrying pattern.

I think our defense is good. We got punished for two mistakes. The formation was wrong. 4.2.3.1 worked in the preseason. Tonight he went for 4.3.3 McGree is not aware defensively to play right mid field he needs the 2 sitting players behind him. There was no need to change it. 

We are utter shit. This management board should be sacked, Joyce should be sacked, French blokes gotta go, caceres is a has been, Mcgree is McShit, Wales should be for sale, Bruno should piss off and JVS is better than WJ

This club are a bunch of retards for actually not trying to sign a class player and this reflects our game and on top of that WJ has a shittest tactics I have ever seen in football

Edited by xXCiTyZeNXx

I wouldn't be surprised if Redmayne now has more clean sheets playing against City for Sydney FC than he did in two years as the 'shot stopper' (as Brenton Speed put it, I assume an ironic reference) for Heart/City.

Will there ever be a line in the sand moment with these fuckwits? Jamieson sums it up in his post-match "It's only the third game, if Dario's chance had gone in it would have been a different game...blah...blah...blah," it's the same old crap and it's embarrassing. Outcoached and outworked by a team who wanted it more, even though they were banged up, and playing their third game in a week, their second in three days on the road.

Don't they ever get sick of being made to look like amateurs against Sydney? Once again, they embarrass themselves and then it's laughs and hugs after the game. It's unacceptable.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SF33 said:

Will there ever be a line in the sand moment with these fuckwits? Jamieson sums it up in his post-match "It's only the third game, if Dario's chance had gone in it would have been a different game...blah...blah...blah," it's the same old crap and it's embarrassing

laughed at that too.

One word. Culture.

The CEO position may be the one that needs changing first. 

Our main goal threat is Vidosic. He takes him off. Fornaroli should have come off and Vidosic put through the middle. Then fire balls into the box it is far better doing something positive than all this pussy passing sideways and backwards.

Edited by Inchcolm

Waiting patiently for the forum's optimists to remind us how strong the squad is, how we are a shot at the title and how although the club's culture is rotten to the core, we can't possibly blame Scott Munn for this as he's a good bloke and his role has nothing to do with performance on field. 

• Like 1

Just now, marn11 said:

Waiting patiently for the forum's optimists to remind us how strong the squad is, how we are a shot at the title and how although the club's culture is rotten to the core, we can't possibly blame Scott Munn for this as he's a good bloke and his role has nothing to do with performance on field. 

The only problem I have with the 'club culture argument' is the 3 trophies won by the women and the 2 won by the youth team. If the problem was organisation-wide then I'd expect the same issues there too.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Inchcolm said:

Our main goal threat is Vidosic. He takes him off. Fornaroli should have come off and Vidosic put through the middle. Then fire balls into the box it is far better doing something positive than all this pussy passing sideways and backwards.

Wazza usually brought on a defender when we were behind last season

2 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

The only problem I have with the 'club culture argument' is the 3 trophies won by the women and the 2 won by the youth team. If the problem was organisation-wide then I'd expect the same issues there too.

It's a coaching problem, I agree.

• Like 2

This club is absolutely fucked. 

And to do that in front of 12,000 people. 

Happy to admit I wasn't there, not even those free tickets tempted me. This has been the first season I haven't had a season ticket either, just not worth the four hour round trip anymore. 

Its worse than mediocre, I struggle to care that much now considering the lack of investment in the squad. 

Oh well. 

Edited by RedAndWhitePride

3 minutes ago, marn11 said:

It is only one game, however, the first home game is important in reassuring those who have gambled on a ticket that this season will be different. So far, same issues as every other season, it's a very unfortunate fixture to play so poorly. Many people won't return

1 minute ago, RedAndWhitePride said:

This club is absolutely fucked. 

And to do that in front of 12,000 people. 

Happy to admit I wasn't there, not even those free tickets got me to go. This has been the first season I haven't had a season ticket either, why bother when CFG can't even invest properly in a decent coach

Its worse than mediocre. 

fixed

26 minutes ago, Inchcolm said:

I think our defense is good. We got punished for two mistakes. The formation was wrong. 4.2.3.1 worked in the preseason. Tonight he went for 4.3.3 McGree is not aware defensively to play right mid field he needs the 2 sitting players behind him. There was no need to change it. 

We can only play 4-2-3-1 remember! There is only one striker in our squad and rest are midfielders, Wales and the working holiday Frenchman are technically midfielders.

I loved the substitutions when chasing the game - 2 midfielders off and 2 midfielders on! But hey we got no other options as that is how our squad is assembled by our PE teacher.

Boy we must be regretting now not having replaced Halloran.

Edited by Mr MO

26 minutes ago, Inchcolm said:

Can't say that after the way we seem to concede the last 3 games