Adelaide
Brisbane
WSW
Nix

2) City

3) Fornaroli

4) Babbel

5) City defence to ship less than 20 goals for the season

6) Absolutely nothing between the top 4 but City to edge it with the league's best defence. We'll have a raft of 1-0 wins, largely scored by Fornaroli and be labelled dull and boring to watch, but ultimately keep getting it done. 

• Like 1

1)

Sydney

City

Perth

Newcastle

Victory

Adelaide

Roar

Wanderers

Mariners

Nix

2) City

3) Le Fondre 

4) Mulvey

5) City to keep a clean sheet and win in all three derbies

6) City and Sydney to dominate the league all season. We'll drop a few points to poor opposition late on which will just cost us a first place finish. We'll win comfortably in our finals before beating Sydney in extra time of the grand final. Luke Brattan will win the Johnny Warren medal and Fornaroli will be second in the golden boot.

Sydney
Victory
Newcastle
City
Adelaide
Perth
Central Coast
Brisbane
Western  Sydney
Wellington

2. Sydney
3. Le Fondre
4. Rudan
5. Warren Joyce indicates that he will not continue as Manager after the season, and Patrick Kisnorbo is appointed to replace him.
6. City's season will be characterised by failures in front of goal, inexplicable substitutions - or lack of them, and rarely or never getting all five visa players on the park at once. We will drop too many points to challenge for the Premiership and we will be eliminated in the Championship Semi-Finals as usual.
7a. My predictions will not be correct.
7b. If I'm still alive I will renew my membership for next season regardless.

Edited by jw1739

1)
Sydney
City
Perth
Jets
Adelaide
Victory
Brisbane
Wellington
WSW

2) Sydney

3) Andy Keogh

4) Aloisi

5) Ross Mc and RDL to be recalled in January to Villa. Berisha to sign for CCM where Bolt actually gets a 1-year contract.

6) Defence first with very little attractive play but gets the job done and gets us into the ACL. Much like Arnold's Mariners & Sydney

1)

Sydney

City

Victory

Jets

Adelaide

Perth

Brisbane

WSW

CCM

NIX

2) Victory

3)

Swedish Guy

LeFondre

McCormack

Fornaroli

4) Babbel

5)

CCM to be be in the top 4 for the first two months before going to shit, (McCormack recalled in Jan, with Bolt given a contract at the same time.

VAR fucks everyone over again

Perth to have the most draws (costing them a higher place)

NIX to finish on less than 20 points

Honda will play very hot and cold

Sydney to glide past everyone again

6) 2nd on the ladder, behind 1st by 4-8 points. We lose in the semi again. Our defence is the best in the league, and our attack is 3rd best. We finally make the ACL, right in time for the cap to either be increased or removed for next season.

That time of the year again.

1) 

Sydney

City

PERF

Adelaide

Newcastle

WSW

Victory

CCM

Brisbane

Nix

2) CITY

3) EL TUNA

4) JA

5) Scum to get injuries to key players all season and not make finals

6) Not good enough against Sydney so finish 2nd play tight defensive football in the finals series to clinch it! 

1) 

Perth

City

Sydney

Newcastle

Victory 

Adelaide

CCM

Bris

WSW

Welly

2) 

Perth

3) Golden Boot Winner

4) First coach sacked (after the actual season starts)

Babel

5) Bold Prediction

A penis will be seen

6) Sum up City's season and finishing position

ACL and Wazza out the door

2 hours ago, haz said:

People on other forums and sites are putting us at 6th.

We'll see what happens this season then.

Mostly i think thats just cos we keep not signing big names. IIRC many didnt tip us to make the 6 last year either, even though we were clearly stronger on paper going into the season.

Besides that point, it's staggered me that Toivonen has got a stack more press and hype than De Laet. RDL might be an interesting choice for a marquee given he's a defensive player, but he's far more proven at a good level than Toivonen. I mean fair enough a little bit, given he's a striker and played at the WC, but imo RDL and all our signings really have gone well under the radar this year.

Edited by bt50
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bt50 said:

Mostly i think thats just cos we keep not signing big names. IIRC many didnt tip us to make the 6 last year either, even though we were clearly stronger on paper going into the season.

Besides that point, it's staggered me that Toivonen has got a stack more press and hype than De Laet. RDL might be an interesting choice for a marquee given he's a defensive player, but he's far more proven at a good level than Toivonen. I mean fair enough a little bit, given he's a striker and played at the WC, but imo RDL and all our signings really have gone well under the radar this year.

I much prefer other teams having the higher expectation tbh. We know where we sit and what our potential is.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bt50 said:

Mifsud scores two goals against Man U.

Trollhirniheimmm scored one goal against Germany.

on a serious note I think Babble is going to be a rabble

1)

Visitors

Perth

Sydney

Adelaide

City

Newcastle

CCM

WSW

Brisbane

Wellington

2) Visitors

3) McCormick

4) Aloisi

5) Warren Joyce will continue to unnecessarily add "to be fair" and "really" to the end of sentences.

6) City will start quite well and fade towards Christmas as the rest of the league works out how to nullify us. To counter this, there will be significant squad turnover in January. Our new signings will give us a boost until the last few weeks of the season, where our form will dip again as the rest of the league works out how to nullify our new signings. (Which seems to happen every season).

On 10/15/2018 at 7:37 PM, bt50 said:

RDL might be an interesting choice for a marquee given he's a defensive player, but he's far more proven at a good level than Toivonen. I mean fair enough a little bit, given he's a striker and played at the WC, but imo RDL and all our signings really have gone well under the radar this year.

I'd argue that Toivonen has proven himself at a far higher level than RDL. Played at a European Championships, scored at a World Cup and been apart of 5 Europa League campaigns for PSV (scoring 13 goals).

I think our signings have gone under the radar because they are unremarkable compared to the other signings around the league.

PER

SYD

MCY

MVC

NEW

ADEL

BRI

CCM

WEL

WSW

Winner - Perth

Boot Winner - Le Fondre

Coach to be sacked - None

Bold Prediction - Honda to flop/ McGree to dominate in the #10 all year and earn a contract to Man City only to be redistributed out on loan into the european wilderness probably back to Belgium where the circle of life will continue. 

Sum up City's season - Start like a house on fire, injury curse to strike again for the middle - end of season. Win a few games before finals to get the fans excited then another quick finals exit 

1 hour ago, Jacques Le Cube said:

I'd argue that Toivonen has proven himself at a far higher level than RDL. Played at a European Championships, scored at a World Cup and been apart of 5 Europa League campaigns for PSV (scoring 13 goals).

I think our signings have gone under the radar because they are unremarkable compared to the other signings around the league.

Toivonen's returns since 2014 have been modest at best and he struggled to get a game with Toulouse who were very nearly relegated last year. I'm not saying he'll be a flop, i think he'll do ok but I certainly don't think he's the signing many are making him out to be.
Let's not forget that Robbie Kruse has played at the World Cup too. Powerhouses such as Apollon Limmasol play Europa league too.

I def don't think his CV is as good aa RDL's tbh, who played 12 games in half  a season in Premier League winning side, and then went on to lead a championship side to the title as well in the following six months. That was only 2 seasons ago.

Admittedly his two years since have been unimpressive on paper too, although injury accounts for a decent chunk of that and the rest, well Villa's issues under Steve Bruce have been clearly documented.

Our signings have gone under the radar because theyre mostly defenders and not 'names'. 30 something names have generally been hyped in the A League, but hardly brought success.

Don't know why people rate Perth so much. Poppa was shit his last season in AUS. Add to that the travel that Perth have to do this season. Their attack is shit, Castro and Keough have walking sticks while Okon will be their only threat (and he doesnt bag heaps of goals). Their season will be 50% draws, 30% wins and the rest losses.

Perth will finish no higher than 4th.

1 Sydney
2 Perth
3 City
4 Victory
5 Jets
6 Adelaide 
7 Brisbane
8 CCM
9 WSW
10 Wellington

Champions - Sydney
Golden Boot - Le Fondre
First Sacked - Rudan (Will walk after shit results and to avoid embarrassment of being sacked)
Bold Predicition - Honda flops 
City Season - Again decent but not good enough, lack of striker and cb depth will hurt us and we'll fuck up again in the jan transfer window  

Edited by Thrillhouse

7 hours ago, Thrillhouse said:

Champions - Sydney
Golden Boot - Le Fondre
First Sacked - Rudan (Will walk after shit results and to avoid embarrassment of being sacked)
Bold Predicition - Honda flops 
City Season - Again decent but not good enough, lack of striker and cb depth will hurt us and we'll fuck up again in the jan transfer window  

We have the best CB depth in the comp