Melbourne Football

Welcome to Melbourne, Florin Berenguer

Embee

2 hours ago, Imtellingyou said:

This forum is supposingly moderated to keep proper basic communication level. 

Overall I don't think posters to the Forum have much to complain about. IMO we moderators only intervene when provoked into doing so. Almost all posters back off when asked to do so - that's my experience anyway.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have already pointed out that Florin comes to play against the bottom four teams. He has had good games before Friday night's game for example Newcastle. But always against the bottom four team. And MV are ninth.

The other talking point was whether he came to play to the big games. Well if you were to say to me that second vs ninth is a big game then that would only be possible if the comp was very even. The only big thing about the game was due to the derby.

Now I don't want to detract from what was Florin's best game for City. But let's keep some perspective.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NewConvert said:

I have already pointed out that Florin comes to play against the bottom four teams. He has had good games before Friday night's game for example Newcastle. But always against the bottom four team. And MV are ninth.

The other talking point was whether he came to play to the big games. Well if you were to say to me that second vs ninth is a big game then that would only be possible if the comp was very even. The only big thing about the game was due to the derby.

Now I don't want to detract from what was Florin's best game for City. But let's keep some perspective.

A derby is a big game. Form goes out the window because both teams try to lift for it. So ladder positions don’t matter as much. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Harrison said:

A derby is a big game. Form goes out the window because both teams try to lift for it. So ladder positions don’t matter as much. 

Not according to the Tards on fourfourtwo, that place has become an absolute shithole of a forum.

City's grand final; our final pre ACL group stage practice match.

Great to see Rojas getting minutes and Carlos proving he can be tactically versatile, hopefully Kruse pulls up alright though. Our first game is at home against Chiangrai United, all due respect to them but it will be a safe place to start.

1 hour ago, n i k o said:

Wouldn't worry. I think he's just cut at my comment about how shit they must be after our average performance lol 

It used to actually be a reasonable place to post when there were good mods. Now you've got mods taking part in troll threads and 50% of the posters are Victory supporters so they jump on any City or Sydney FC thread and destroy them. It's probably on it's last legs now, traffic has dwindled and the owners will probably pull the pin on the site soon.

14 hours ago, mus-28 said:

It used to actually be a reasonable place to post when there were good mods. Now you've got mods taking part in troll threads and 50% of the posters are Victory supporters so they jump on any City or Sydney FC thread and destroy them. It's probably on it's last legs now, traffic has dwindled and the owners will probably pull the pin on the site soon.

Join ftbl forum or a league reddit both great sites 

3 minutes ago, citypool said:

Join ftbl forum or a league reddit both great sites 

He’s talking about the FTBL forum. I don’t mind some of the discussions around the management of the game, but there are some miserable sods on there, that’s for sure. There’s one poster in particular that literally wants the A-League to fold and only really comments on bad news and always blames it on the ‘new FFA’.

7 hours ago, Harrison said:

He’s talking about the FTBL forum. I don’t mind some of the discussions around the management of the game, but there are some miserable sods on there, that’s for sure. There’s one poster in particular that literally wants the A-League to fold and only really comments on bad news and always blames it on the ‘new FFA’.

Good thing that we don't have any miserable sods on this forum!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Harrison said:

That’s one bloke and everyone tries to ignore him 

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
36 minutes ago, MHFC-FAN said:

Agree he's finally proving his worth. I think he definitely comes across as a 'confidence player' seems to be in a good zone atm... 

One thing i really noticed on Saturday was how fit he was. His efforts to get forward when we broke were exemplary.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, bt50 said:

One thing i really noticed on Saturday was how fit he was. His efforts to get forward when we broke were exemplary.

Yeah he has certainly 'come into his own' lately this season. Around the last 5-7 games from memory... Can't believe Redmayne got a leg onto that shot. The look on his face was "I just completely fluked a save there" 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, MHFC-FAN said:

Yeah he has certainly 'come into his own' lately this season. Around the last 5-7 games from memory... Can't believe Redmayne got a leg onto that shot. The look on his face was "I just completely fluked a save there" 

Yep, may have been earlier that he started coming good, but a very noticeable improvement since 'that game' v the Mongs at the start of Feb.
Really hope we can hold on to him tbh, albeit id rather not as the marquee. He's still got a few more very good games to go before i'm really comfortable with him retaining that spot.

2 hours ago, bt50 said:

I think he’s one bloke that needs an extended run of fitness, kind of a diesel motor type. He never really got that at first and it would seem he’s a model pro as he must have worked hard to stay fit, despite all the mental challenges in the first lockdown 

46 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

I think he’s one bloke that needs an extended run of fitness, kind of a diesel motor type. He never really got that at first and it would seem he’s a model pro as he must have worked hard to stay fit, despite all the mental challenges in the first lockdown 

That fan thing we had back in Feb 18 months ago Wazza told me that Florin had had a persistent niggle all the way through to that point in time and hadnt really been able to get going.

So whilst i think we all agree he was played horribly out of position under Joyce, there's a reasonable case to suggest that hes only really been properly fit since he got back after his early season injury this year. Excuses, yep absolutely, but sometimes they count for something.

Lets hope the lad goes on with it

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

If you read this article https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/football/a-league/teams/melbourne-city/melbourne-citys-rostyn-griffiths-opens-up-on-mental-toll-of-hub-life-for-aleague-players/news-story/10fc98e1fe4d56a96c2e75be1d3cfb03 there are a lot of questions about the future. FB might be better to stay here if he is made an offer. I can't imagine the French second tier is flush with funds at the best of times, let alone now.

1 hour ago, Jovan said:

Would he agree to pay cut???

May not necessarily be a paycut. The mail with florin is that he had a heavily back ended deal, so if that looked like 100k and then 500k, 300k can comfortably fit under the cap in its current guise.

• Like 1

https://amp.theage.com.au/sport/soccer/berenguer-minds-his-language-while-in-lockdown-20200610-p551c5.html

Berenguer is out of contract at the end of this season but would like to stay with City if he can.

"My first wish is to stay in Australia when I finish this season. This was the first time for me and my family to live more than two hours from our families, our parents, brother and friends.

1 hour ago, CityBoyz said:

https://amp.theage.com.au/sport/soccer/berenguer-minds-his-language-while-in-lockdown-20200610-p551c5.html

Berenguer is out of contract at the end of this season but would like to stay with City if he can.

"My first wish is to stay in Australia when I finish this season. This was the first time for me and my family to live more than two hours from our families, our parents, brother and friends.

He's happy, his family are happy, we're happy. I'm sure a deal can be done. 

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...