Melbourne Football

Welcome to Melbourne, Florin Berenguer

Embee

2 hours ago, Imtellingyou said:

It's hard to swallow for some guys where exactly is A-league level on the world map. City coaches and managers obviously observe that he's performing better than local players in the same position. 

Sorry, there are plenty of Australian established and talented players who are better footballers in his position. Perhaps not always in our squad but they definitely exist.

3 hours ago, Mr MO said:

Sorry, there are plenty of Australian established and talented players who are better footballers in his position. Perhaps not always in our squad but they definitely exist.

exactly, but he is here now, he sometimes does some good stuff, it's time he started to get more consistent with his good stuff, I'm looking forward to his good stuff.

Did that come out wrong?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

The only reason I could come up with for him not being used last night is he wants out and is leaving in January.

(ie the rumours are true)

I tend to agree with this. I get starting Metcalfe but I don't get not replacing Luna. I thought that was the most obvious move all night.

I watched some of the post match commentary and there was a moment there where the camera was on Berenguer as the subs did their post match cool down. He was arguing with someone and looked very unhappy. Now I know that's a snippet without any context behind it, but it does also tell me that all is not well there.

7 minutes ago, rass said:

I tend to agree with this. I get starting Metcalfe but I don't get not replacing Luna. I thought that was the most obvious move all night.

I watched some of the post match commentary and there was a moment there where the camera was on Berenguer as the subs did their post match cool down. He was arguing with someone and looked very unhappy. Now I know that's a snippet without any context behind it, but it does also tell me that all is not well there.

I thought I saw him run down the tunnel at one point. Maybe he tweaked something in the warmup? 

1 hour ago, haz said:

Hmmmm a French employee not happy with their French boss. That is very unusual and not representative of the hard working French culture.

Hard-working as in local tourist offices and tourist attractions closing for lunch for two hours every day?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wonder what will happen with him now. Got his first start and looked quite good, all things considered. His most recent Instagram post was positive. He said he was happy to be back in the team after 14 weeks. Has to get match fit. He’s a skilful player but needs to have more of an impact. I liked his performance so something to build on at least. 

1 hour ago, Harrison said:

Wonder what will happen with him now. Got his first start and looked quite good, all things considered. His most recent Instagram post was positive. He said he was happy to be back in the team after 14 weeks. Has to get match fit. He’s a skilful player but needs to have more of an impact. I liked his performance so something to build on at least. 

Indeed an interesting one. He did well, but I’m still of the opinion that a player like Berenguer is not the elite Marquee level we should be targeting. He belongs in the normal visa bracket and even that is debatable as he can’t score nor shoot.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Indeed an interesting one. He did well, but I’m still of the opinion that a player like Berenguer is the not elite Marquee level we should be targeting. He belongs in the normal visa bracket and even that is debatable as he can’t score nor shoot.

Should Target Rojas 

7AC44648-97DD-430E-8B40-A3EE8BD7FD10.jpeg

Edited by CityBoyz
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...