Melbourne Football

Welcome to Melbourne, Florin Berenguer

Embee

As playmaker pointed out he is not a winger, infact we don't really have any wingers except for some young lads and an injured O'Halloran.

It's like the team was made to play 3511, but he insists on playing a 433 with as many players out of position as possible.

I feel sorry for Florin, Wazza has made it hard for him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Information coming through that he's out for weeks with a calf injury. Thus paving the way for Baccus to stay perhaps? If I didn't know better I would suspect that Berenguer isn't really injured at all...

Yea Florian is just upset with the coach and is sitting at Bundoora wearing a yellow vest

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Harrison said:

A 29-year-old European comes down to play in Australia and sustains a soft-tissue injury. How surprising.

If he is on the LTI, what is the minimum time off? Can we assume that it is at least a six-week injury?

We have now entered Germano territory. 

At least he gets an Aussie summer to relax opps I'm mean recover. 

• 2 weeks later...

I hope he proves me wrong, but the only time I remember a foreign player not having a pretty immediate impact and turning out to be a powerhouse for us was Engelaar and he literally couldn't play with a broken leg (I had hopes for O'Halloran - he looked dynamite in the FFA game I saw).

We've seen a bit of Berenguer now and maybe he's still getting accustomed, maybe he's being asked to play out of position, but the signs that he'll ever be a quality visa signing haven't been good for me.

I guess that you could say we're doing pretty well this season and that there's scope for some big improvement in the second half of the season, with only two foreign players making any contribution.

57 minutes ago, Harrison said:

Who cares about the mechanics of it?

He is finally back and gives us another attacking option, one with a bit of flair and creativity.

I still think he can provide a positive point of difference as we move closer to the end of the season. 

Yes let's hope he can show he has that

6 hours ago, Tony999 said:

You really think he was "injured"? :rolleyes:

He kept MOH out three weeks after he got the all clear and when he decided to spill the beans, he was put on the bench and Berenguer mysteriously and conveniently got an injury which allowed him continue to play Baccus.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Inchcolm said:

He kept MOH out three weeks after he got the all clear and when he decided to spill the beans, he was put on the bench and Berenguer mysteriously and conveniently got an injury which allowed him continue to play Baccus.

You are spot on but

Shhhhhhhhhh.

Nothing to see here, look over there.

Edited by playmaker

On 16/01/2019 at 11:35 AM, Harrison said:

Who cares about the mechanics of it?

He is finally back and gives us another attacking option, one with a bit of flair and creativity.

I still think he can provide a positive point of difference as we move closer to the end of the season. 

He was almost the difference last night. A few ripping corners, a deflected shot and a couple of nice passes. 

Playing through the centre is his best position. He looks comfortable there. 

18 minutes ago, Harrison said:

He was almost the difference last night. A few ripping corners, a deflected shot and a couple of nice passes. 

Playing through the centre is his best position. He looks comfortable there. 

I want to see him start every match from now on. No point in 20-minute cameos now and then.