Melbourne Football

Welcome to Melbourne, Florin Berenguer

Embee

Do people think this guy is our new LW? 

This guy is our new AM, he will be playing in behind Bruno.

Just a guess, but I can’t see us buying and using our last Visa spot on a marquee CB. I think will sign a Visa marquee LW, a Leroy George type signing. 

I know I got told on the shirt unveiling that 2 more to come in (AM late 20’s who we just signed) and a Defensive player, but I just can’t see it when we already have 7 defenders.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ABC123 said:

Just a guess, but I can’t see us buying and using our last Visa spot on a marquee CB. I think will sign a Visa marquee LW, a Leroy George type signing. 

I know I got told on the shirt unveiling that 2 more to come in (AM late 20’s who we just signed) and a Defensive player, but I just can’t see it when we already have 7 defenders.

If like you believe we will sign a marquee LW I assume being a Marquee he would play every week that leaves 5 players to fill AMF and RW. Again too many players.

47 minutes ago, ABC123 said:

We have many players who can fit CAM and the wings. Right now we only have one true CB which is Bart. La Rocca is AWOL and Delbridge makes me nervous

Edited by haz
  • Like 1

We have the most lop-sided list in the history of the world.

How many more of the same type of players do we need. They have lost the plot.

At least this guy looks good as a second scoring option and maybe can provide some magic from outside the box.

Based on what of have seen so far we are going to rely heavily on Bruno's magic because the rest have no vision at all.

Good signing anyway and with Caceres at least we will have some creativity.

I can see a big turnover of players in January, again.

Wazza out.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Shahanga said:

Never heard of this bloke (which doesn’t mean a lot) but the track record of Ligue 2 players here is pretty good. That alone is a good sign. Looking forward to seeing him play.

IMO only an absolute 24/7 football fanatic could truthfully say that they have "heard of" the players that get mentioned on here or elsewhere. Most people could not name all the clubs in any "second division" around the world, let alone the players therefrom.

Like you, looking forward to seeing him play.

We didn't score enough goals against Newcastle, but we played some really nice football nevertheless. I can watch the lead-up to Bruno's goal over and over again - that's some slick passing movement. If we can get our heads in the right place we can have a good season.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

IMO only an absolute 24/7 football fanatic could truthfully say that they have "heard of" the players that get mentioned on here or elsewhere. Most people could not name all the clubs in any "second division" around the world, let alone the players therefrom.

Like you, looking forward to seeing him play.

We didn't score enough goals against Newcastle, but we played some really nice football nevertheless. I can watch the lead-up to Bruno's goal over and over again - that's some slick passing movement. If we can get our heads in the right place we can have a good season.

What about the slick 1-2 goal between Bruno and Dario that was called offside that was class and I wasn't 100% convinced it was offside! More like 97% sure it was

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, haz said:

Florian and MOH will make or break our season Imo.

Don't know if it was just the translation/context but that article didn't fill me with too much confidence about Florian.

I suspect that's just the nature of the guy. Also IMO French football tends to be understated, even though France has won the WC twice now.

1 hour ago, Missing_Moy said:

5 goals and 5 assists last season if we get that from him I’ll be happy

55 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I suspect that's just the nature of the guy. Also IMO French football tends to be understated, even though France has won the WC twice now.

36 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

I can talk a good game, but you'd not want me on the pitch. I'll let his passing and running do the talking. 

My comment wasn't about his skill, more so his desire to play it. Like I said the article might just be worded that way, but it seems that here was his last option

1 hour ago, haz said:

My comment wasn't about his skill, more so his desire to play it. Like I said the article might just be worded that way, but it seems that here was his last option

Not the way I read it at all. There were other offers. Nothing really floated his boat, but then he had the chance to have an adventure and come to Melbourne. His wife is chuffed, and he's pleasantly surprised by what a good set up we've got. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, fensaddler said:

Not the way I read it at all. There were other offers. Nothing really floated his boat, but then he had the chance to have an adventure and come to Melbourne. His wife is chuffed, and he's pleasantly surprised by what a good set up we've got. 

I hope so too

• 4 weeks later...