Melbourne Football

Lachlan Wales

IssySG

• 3 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

Who will take over the prestigious honour of 'forum whipping boy' now?

Haha surely we will find somebody else on minimum wage whose doesn’t turn out to be like Messi.

But my money would be on Jamieson actually.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr MO said:

Haha surely we will find somebody else on minimum wage whose doesn’t turn out to be like Messi.

Jamieson inherits. He was no. 2 last season.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr MO said:

My issue wasn't so much his level of skill, more so how he kept getting chosen in the XI

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, haz said:

My issue wasn't so much his level of skill, more so how he kept getting chosen in the XI

I didn't have any problem with bringing him on with 20 to go to run at a tiring defence, but couldn't understand Mombaerts starting him.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Wales will absolutely destroy Jamo if we play the latter at LB.

I'm pretty confident Wales will just be another winger that showed promise but will drift into the lower levels, just like Kamau, Kuzi and even Ramsey. 

Although some of our  players have moved on and had decent A League carrers  for me Wales needs a huge transformation to continue long term. 

5 hours ago, bt50 said:

Strongly disagree

Why? Not that I think Wales will "absolutely destroy Jamo, but Jamo is rather slow and is constantly caught out leaving his man unmarked. These short comings are exactly what would benefit Wales, that extra bit of space to get the ball under control and a slow marker that he can easily get away from. Jamo would likely end up repeatedly fouling Wales resulting in free kicks in dangerous areas.

Just for clarity, I want to explicitly state that I also do not rate Wales.

7 hours ago, malloy said:

Why? Not that I think Wales will "absolutely destroy Jamo, but Jamo is rather slow and is constantly caught out leaving his man unmarked. These short comings are exactly what would benefit Wales, that extra bit of space to get the ball under control and a slow marker that he can easily get away from. Jamo would likely end up repeatedly fouling Wales resulting in free kicks in dangerous areas.

Just for clarity, I want to explicitly state that I also do not rate Wales.

Wales has pretty much been unable to 'destroy' anyone in his 50 or so A League games, and whilst Jamo isn't the league's best left back he's definitely not the worst either imo.
Tbf to Lachie, imo most of his issues are not so much who he lines up against, but rather the demons in his own head when it comes to making any sort of a final ball.

Besting someone isnt the same as destroying them either i suppose.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

I was disappointed that there weren't loud chants of "City reject". Its the least he deserved. To think he was keeping Colakovski off the pitch... 

To be fair, you have to attribute that to Mombaerts rather than Wales himself. Another reason why I don't rate Mombaerts as highly as some others do.

1 hour ago, fensaddler said:

I was disappointed that there weren't loud chants of "City reject". Its the least he deserved. To think he was keeping Colakovski off the pitch... 

I think it's more he was keeping Najjarine off the pitch, Stef was and still is a young kid, he isnt a starter yet

I didn’t mind the booing of Lachie Wales and very mild anyway, thought the Talking City lads were strangely scathing of it - spent just as much time, if not more, talking about it as the bottles thrown at Micah.

As it was referenced, the cheering of Bruno when he returned and chanting of his name after he scored is in my opinion the most embarrassing part of our club history and should never be repeated for any player.

17 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

I thought the booing of Wales was pathetic. He didn’t leave for more cash or whatever, we showed him the door. What’s he supposed to do, retire?

Yeh agree, he was a good kid who tried hard that just wasnt good enough at the end of the day. Booing uncalled for, albeit thats not to say we should have given him a red carpet and sang his name either.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

I thought the booing of Wales was pathetic. He didn’t leave for more cash or whatever, we showed him the door. What’s he supposed to do, retire?

Probably. But yeah, booing him was strange. Usually booing is associated with saltiness coz the players in question was actually contributing on the field. I think everyone was over the moon when he left. If anything we should cheer him, we don't have to deal with headless chook runs, shit crosses and state level finishing.