Melbourne Football

Michael O'Halloran

BearsOnTour

2 hours ago, haz said:

Just doing some google research (call me Dr Haz), I doubt MOH's injury will really be 12 weeks. I'm guessing that the 12 weeks has also factored in a few weeks for him to get back to match fitness.

Did anyone go to the event the other night? Did MOH look fine or did any one talk with him?

He didn't go.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, haz said:

Just doing some google research (call me Dr Haz), I doubt MOH's injury will really be 12 weeks. I'm guessing that the 12 weeks has also factored in a few weeks for him to get back to match fitness.

Did anyone go to the event the other night? Did MOH look fine or did any one talk with him?

He was down for attending but on another thread it stated, he was not there. It could mean, he is putting in extra training. Hope so because it would means he is ahead of schedule. He had a reputation at St Johnstone for doing extra training sessions.

13 hours ago, Inchcolm said:

There goes that idea. Another thread states he is out until Christmas 

It would not surprise me if he doesn't play for us at all this season. He's going to have to show a hell of a lot at training to replace players who by Christmas will be established starters.

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

It would not surprise me if he doesn't play for us at all this season. He's going to have to show a hell of a lot at training to replace players who by Christmas will be established starters.

He may not play ever again, he may leave in January.

However I think he will fight for his place. You are assuming the natural wingers Wales and  Berenguer are going to be so good that it will be impossible to drop them but so far after 1 game they have not (I admit it is only 1 game)

• 1 month later...

I can't see how O'Halloran can play, or even be considered for selection, in the Christmas Derby - as he says he wants to be - if Baccus is still on our books as his short-term injury replacement. Unless by then we have another long-term injury...and Baccus is approved as the injury replacement for whoever it is.

29 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I can't see how O'Halloran can play, or even be considered for selection, in the Christmas Derby - as he says he wants to be - if Baccus is still on our books as his short-term injury replacement. Unless by then we have another long-term injury...and Baccus is approved as the injury replacement for whoever it is.

On the broadcast last night they mentioned Frenchie could be out for a few weeks so I’d say we could use Baccus as his replacement allowing MOH to play

47 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

So, Croissant has a calf injury sustained in training, and could now be out for weeks. Further evidence that Joyce's training regimen is counter-productive. This club is its own worst enemy.

Only one of our 5 visa players is playing, 3 injured, 1 in Wazza's naughty corner.

Yes I am. He should be playing this weekend but will it be with the Youth or A team? Hope Joyce bites the bullet and Baccus is dropped. He stated he targeted the Derby for his first start a couple of weeks ago.He has done his bit it is now up to Joyce Baccus or O'Halloran 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Inchcolm said:

Yes I am. He should be playing this weekend but will it be with the Youth or A team? Hope Joyce bites the bullet and Baccus is dropped. He stated he targeted the Derby for his first start a couple of weeks ago.He has done his bit it is now up to Joyce Baccus or O'Halloran 

He’s TOP class, hope he gets a go at the derby and scores a brace 😂

On 09/12/2018 at 11:47 AM, rayv36 said:

On the broadcast last night they mentioned Frenchie could be out for a few weeks so I’d say we could use Baccus as his replacement allowing MOH to play

On 09/12/2018 at 11:16 AM, jw1739 said:

From what I hear one of our forwards has harlequin type ichthlyosis, so maybe some reshuffling has taken place

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Inchcolm said:

Im guessing we will see Baccus stay a bit longer to replace Malik, La Rocca, Florian or De Laet

I seem to be the only one, but I hope baccus stays permanently for the rest of the season. He has been pretty good. Tidy on the ball, works hard defensively. He doesn't have the attacking passing range but that's not his job, get ball and pass it to the likes of mcgree and brattan. 

Will be good to see MOH play, so hopefully we can have both on pitch at same time 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, neio said:

I seem to be the only one, but I hope baccus stays permanently for the rest of the season. He has been pretty good. Tidy on the ball, works hard defensively. He doesn't have the attacking passing range but that's not his job, get ball and pass it to the likes of mcgree and brattan. 

Will be good to see MOH play, so hopefully we can have both on pitch at same time 

I'm with you.

1 hour ago, neio said:

Make of this what you will but not too far back Bozza touted Baccus as the next player to be in contention of making the Socceroos. 

Edited by n i k o

2 hours ago, Afif Adam said:

He’s TOP class, hope he gets a go at the derby and scores a brace 😂

@Afif Adam So do I but remember, O'Halloran is not a striker, he is a (right) winger. He will score goals but his main asset is creating chances. He is always there or there about at the top of the assist ladder at the end of the season. Therefore he needs a striker who can convert those chances, do we have one if Bruno goes?

On 11/12/2018 at 6:36 PM, neio said:

Yep. Lad’s a decent footballer.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Inchcolm said:

Joyce said in his interview that O'Halloran would have a fitness test yesterday. Could that mean he passed it and is now in the squad for tomorrow? 

I would be staggered if he came in tomorrow. They have always said the Derby is the aim date. 

If everything goes to plan next week we might see him on the bench. And who knows what that means for baccus 

4 minutes ago, neio said:

I would be staggered if he came in tomorrow. They have always said the Derby is the aim date. 

If everything goes to plan next week we might see him on the bench. And who knows what that means for baccus 

My thoughts are it would make sense to give him some game time tomorrow in preparation for next week?

I believe we need a creative and dangerous attacker rather than a defensive midfield player as we have a few of those. And if some game time tomorrow helps him why not.

Baccus will miss only 2 games rather than 1 game as I have no doubt Joyce will sign him in January

2 hours ago, Inchcolm said:

My thoughts are it would make sense to give him some game time tomorrow in preparation for next week?

I believe we need a creative and dangerous attacker rather than a defensive midfield player as we have a few of those. And if some game time tomorrow helps him why not.

Baccus will miss only 2 games rather than 1 game as I have no doubt Joyce will sign him in January

Is there any reason he can't be signed now? As he would be a free agent wouldn't he? And two games wouldn't cause a salary cap issue if we are moving on a higher paid player in January (Brattan?).

3 minutes ago, malloy said:

Is there any reason he can't be signed now? As he would be a free agent wouldn't he? And two games wouldn't cause a salary cap issue if we are moving on a higher paid player in January (Brattan?).

I'm not sure. He must have been released by WSW before he signed as an injury replacement, but he would have still been a WSW player when the last transfer window closed. He might have to wait until the next window opens, but I'm not 100% sure. @Jovan will probably know.

2 hours ago, haz said:

Baccus can be slutted around for the injured players. Since La Rocca played, maybe Malik could be the person he replaces in the squad? Or even Florian

It will have to be florin, Malik was named in the squad for tomorrow so I'm assuming he is fit 

• Like 1