Jump to content
Melbourne Football

Best XI 2018/2019


Harrison
 Share

Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, haz said:

Malik is Injured? Source? I still see Vidosic as our 60min sub unless Waz rates him above MOH or Berenguer. Mcgree has been arguably our best player thus far, so I would rather him higher up in CAM? On another note, I don't know if you caught the last FFA Cup game Murf, but Griffiths was an absolute wall at CDM, cut out many passes and made a handful of tacks. He was my MOM.

As I said in another thread (or this one?), MOH and Berenguer will make or break our season, I expect 5 goals from each minimum, with a few assists. I also think Good could be a dark horse, if he hits the ground running and stays fit, a backline of Bart, Good, De Laet, Jamieson/Atkinson, Birighitti will be near impossible to score against.

This is all my opinion obviously.

 

Hi Haz, in the interview Joyce said "Malik's injured" (around 14:27 here).

I gather that Griffiths has been playing well, and I really rate his playing history (especially his performances in the A-League). Nonetheless, I was thinking that with Brattan as the only real CDM, and McGree more as a number 8 who gets upfield that they could both together do the defensive work in midfield (and of course they can offer a huge amount to our attacking play in midfield as well). So my idea on dropping Griffiths was based on the idea that while he is A++ with defending, with regards to attacking in midfield Brattan probably can't be dropped for Griffith, and McGree can't be dropped for Griffths.

I happy with McGree as our CAM. Actually regarding the competition for the 5 midfield spots between Brattan, Griffiths, McGree, MOH, Vidosic and Berenguer, I actually think Berengeur could be the most likely to be dropped. I just have a gut feeling that this French league 2 player maybe won't hit the ground running. Nonetheless, I hope he does do very well, so on hope I put him in my starting XI.

 

I agree with your opinion about Good. He's back in the environment where he produced his best and longest stretch of football, so I'm rather optimistic he will feature positively for us this season. Ditto if La Rocca can get back onto the pitch, then he can maybe be as good as a new player for us IMO.

 

I agree we'll need a lot of goals. I'm a little weary about that also. I think we'll need Fornaroli in career best form again (like his 25 goals for us in his first season). Meanwhile Berenguer has only scored 5 goals total over the past 3 or so seasons, and MOH has 10 goals over the last 3 seasons. And in general I'd be weary about midfielders chipping in with 5 or more goals each (McGree has 6 goals in his whole career). In short, I can see why Joyce said why "goals" was "certainly" what the team needed some more of (before curiously signing Berenguer, Ritchie and Good). I think we'll score enough scores to be right up there this season, with Fornaroli, Vidosic and MOH being the leading scorers for the team IMO. But at the same time I'm skeptical we'll break any records for scoring this season. But then again, with our defence, I'm confident that we won't have to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We have options are alot of them

Birighitti, DeLaet, Schenkeveld, Jamieson, Griffiths, Brattan, McGree and Fornaroli I'm pretty sure will be regular starters

O'Halloran*, Atkinson, Berenguer*, Malik and Vidosic will start alot of games but will be rotated in and out (* purely a prediction, they could end up being stars in league. But no one knows at moment) 

Caceras, Good, Delbridge and Wales will probably see game time. How much who knows 

Galekovic, LaRocca and the scholarship kids will be purely backup 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, neio said:

We have options are alot of them

Birighitti, DeLaet, Schenkeveld, Jamieson, Griffiths, Brattan, McGree and Fornaroli I'm pretty sure will be regular starters

O'Halloran*, Atkinson, Berenguer*, Malik and Vidosic will start alot of games but will be rotated in and out (* purely a prediction, they could end up being stars in league. But no one knows at moment) 

Caceras, Good, Delbridge and Wales will probably see game time. How much who knows 

Galekovic, LaRocca and the scholarship kids will be purely backup 

Based on last season, I'm sure Joyce is still capable of surprising us and picking a line-up that no-one expects. Not necessarily tomorrow, but sometime during the season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Based on last season, I'm sure Joyce is still capable of surprising us and picking a line-up that no-one expects. Not necessarily tomorrow, but sometime during the season.

With JVS did this, we would get shat on by the opposition. But when Joyce does this, usually we play well. So I have faith in his weird selections, although his subs on the other hand....

Edited by haz
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm convinced Joyce is a 433 guy.

He plays 2 holders and 1 forward midfielder. So for me Brattan and Griffiths are certain starters with Malik as the backup. And Mcgree and Vidosic as the pressing forward midfielder. 

He also from what I've seen plays with 2 wingers and 1 central striker obviously Bruno. And the wingers I'm hoping O'Halloran and possibly Atkinson or french dude. 

And taking Delbridge out of the starting lineup is unlikely. Especially for the next few games.

But whatever way you look at it on paper this is by far our most talented and balanced list. Now how they perform and adapt is another issue.

I'm more and more optimistic and actually are looking forward to October 20th. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Inchcolm said:

Can some kind person please give a link for this match, for us outside Australia? @haz you have not let me down, all your links for previous games have worked so far.

They'll at least be a YouTube link. I'll find it when it's live before the game.

If not, r/soccerstreams on Reddit will have links if someone requests it before the match starts

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Missing_Moy said:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/ffa-cup/live-stream/how-to-watch

Think it’s only streamed 

if you have a smart tv I’ve watched it through the internet browser through the above website

64B42F44-8F72-40B9-8842-656BFC15D842.jpeg

If it bloody works. Which it didn't last time I tried to use it for the round of 32 match in Brisbane... 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...

There are going to be some good players miss out on the bench I feel 

 

if we continue with a 4-3-3 type formation 

back 4 is Jamo- Delbo -Bart -RDL ( could be played anywhere) 

 

midfield is where its it’s very hard. Frenchy Brattan Mcgree(id play at Rw) Baccus Griff which 2 miss out 

 

forwards 

Harrison Vidosic Wales Najjarine 

Jmac at striker 

 

Heres the best team IMO 

 

Bench - Birra-Good-Atkinson-Wales-Vidosic-Baccus 

C152E342-9B72-4284-827D-C0821EEB3363.jpeg

Edited by Missing_Moy
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don’t think we will see Harrison in the line up anytime soon, he hasn’t played football for a while. He seems a very lanky and timid player, I think he will be training for a week or two to see how his body holds up in the warm weather and hard pitches. Also to gauge if he’s actually much better than our youth attackers.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Missing_Moy said:

There are going to be some good players miss out on the bench I feel 

 

if we continue with a 4-3-3 type formation 

back 4 is Jamo- Delbo -Bart -RDL ( could be played anywhere) 

 

midfield is where its it’s very hard. Frenchy Brattan Mcgree(id play at Rw) Baccus Griff which 2 miss out 

 

forwards 

Harrison Vidosic Wales Najjarine 

Jmac at striker 

 

Heres the best team IMO 

 

Bench - Birra-Good-Atkinson-Wales-Vidosic-Baccus 

C152E342-9B72-4284-827D-C0821EEB3363.jpeg

Although would be a 50/50 between Baccus and "the lunging red" griffiths for me, but that lineup looks good to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, haz said:

Dont know why everyone expects Harrison to come here into the XI. He could be a spud

Purely because WJ said he’s been following Shayon for a few years now. 

Shayon might be an impact player but why would WJ bring a player in if he didn’t like what he saw. I get that he has brought in players and not played them but Shayon might be a different case because WJ has watched him for a while. 

I said this in another thread...I’m very interested to see how he handles this league. It’s better than most people think and seems to be underestimated by the majority of foreigners who come here. 

He could be a dud and if that is the case I wouldn’t be all that surprised. Let’s hope WJ knows what he is doing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Harrison was on loan at English division 1 side Southend last season and played 13 of their 46 league mostly used as a sub the season before he made 14 appearances for English Division 2 side Yeovil and scored once in those games. Two questions is the A league a step up from the English 3rd and 4th tiers and can he be match fit or Joyce fit having only appeared in 27 games over the last 2 seasons? There is no trace of him playing in the Spurs under 23 team this season. Therefore I believe it will be a good number of weeks before we see him as Joyce will not bench Wales or McGree to play him. What we needed was proven winger ready to improve the team, not a token signing or a smoke screen to appease the supporters. I hope I am wrong about the young man and will return with an apology if I am.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, haz said:

He could be a spud

I think this is highly unlikely, although I wouldn't be surprised if it takes him some time to be able to run out 90 minutes at this level, a bit like Mauk and Arzani before him.

7 hours ago, Harrison said:

Purely because WJ said he’s been following Shayon for a few years now. 

Shayon might be an impact player but why would WJ bring a player in if he didn’t like what he saw. I get that he has brought in players and not played them but Shayon might be a different case because WJ has watched him for a while. 

I said this in another thread...I’m very interested to see how he handles this league. It’s better than most people think and seems to be underestimated by the majority of foreigners who come here. 

He could be a dud and if that is the case I wouldn’t be all that surprised. Let’s hope WJ knows what he is doing. 

I'm not sure if they underestimate the quality, but I reckon if you've played in Europe your whole senior career, to come here and play in the middle of summer must be like a different planet, particularly for those who come with the attitude that they'll cruise for a couple of 'big fish in a little pond' years in Australia to end their career. No matter what your CV is, if you come here from overseas with an attitude that it's going to be easy, you'll struggle.

Hopefully, Harrison will be hungry and feel like he has something to prove, because if he comes in with the right attitude and if he's anywhere near a senior place at Spurs in the next few years, holy moly, he could be an absolute weapon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Inchcolm said:

Harrison was on loan at English division 1 side Southend last season and played 13 of their 46 league mostly used as a sub the season before he made 14 appearances for English Division 2 side Yeovil and scored once in those games. Two questions is the A league a step up from the English 3rd and 4th tiers and can he be match fit or Joyce fit having only appeared in 27 games over the last 2 seasons? There is no trace of him playing in the Spurs under 23 team this season. Therefore I believe it will be a good number of weeks before we see him as Joyce will not bench Wales or McGree to play him. What we needed was proven winger ready to improve the team, not a token signing or a smoke screen to appease the supporters. I hope I am wrong about the young man and will return with an apology if I am.

He played for the under 23's until the middle of October, got injured and started reappearing on the bench for the Under 23s as of the 18th of January. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

What a pity that we've waited until 2/3 of the season has gone to get a decent forward line on the pitch. The Bruno business is unforgivable as far as I am concerned. Even with him we were thin up front. You can't win matches unless you score goals. 

Couldn’t agree more with this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Tommykins said:

He played for the under 23's until the middle of October, got injured and started reappearing on the bench for the Under 23s as of the 18th of January. 

He came on in the 60th minute in that match (U-23 Premier League International Cup) vs. Norwich City (2-2), and then played the whole of the next match in the same competition vs. Bilbao Athletic (5-4) on 23rd January.

So he's fit and ready to go.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...