Melbourne Football

Seasons over. Was it a pass/fail? Discuss.

Jovan

With tonight's result meaning that we won't be in the ACL next year I think you can only view this season's result as a failure.

We have recruited reasonably well over past seasons and home grown talent like Arzani is emerging but we have yet to feature in our first A league grand final. We have just offloaded 5 players and one suspects that more may depart for various reasons in the near future.  

A proud club would not regard this year's result as acceptable.  

Almost half a decade of CFG now and the best we can do is third position and crossing our fingers in desperate hope our rivals lose a game for us to get an ACL spot? Right now it's obvious just how much of a failure it's been, but prior to tonight in what world is this season a pass for a team wanting to be the best in the comp. Fuck I'm so pissed off right now. 

Edited by n i k o
  • Like 1

Let’s not kid ourselves. The club won’t react to this. They will put out more bland corporate speak tweets about thanking city fans and get it sponsored by mc Donald’s. 

This is what happens when you hire marketing graduates and act like it’s some kind of product you are trying to sell.

they had the chance to get a transformative manager that would put us light years ahead of every other club. But they didn’t.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Let’s not kid ourselves. The club won’t react to this. They will put out more bland corporate speak tweets about thanking city fans and get it sponsored by mc Donald’s. 

This is what happens when you hire marketing graduates and act like it’s some kind of product you are trying to sell.

they had the chance to get a transformative manager that would put us light years ahead of every other club. But they didn’t.

Not only the manager @Dylan. The whole club has got to stop looking and acting as though it's accepting of being second-best in the city.

Edited by jw1739

28 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Not only the manager @Dylan. The whole club has got to stop looking and acting as though it's accepting of being second-best in the city.

I still am in a bit of a state of disbelief. It has all turned to shit. Literally the absolute worse case scenario 

10 hours ago, RedAndWhitePride said:

This also sums up the club :/

34 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

You would never see the scum thanking us for a win. Why the hell should we be bowing down to them? 😠

After watching the game last night all I need to say is that if anyone really believes that a beautiful possession style of football is a priority for this club and in the same breath they say it will win us anything, then you really need to reset your views, because by looking at how victory and Sydney play , nothing could be further from the truth.

Victory played the ugliest football I have seen, however no-one is going to remember the style but they will remember the trophy and like it or not performances like that win fans and loyalty.

That is the harsh reality at this level and has been the case all along.

Wazza take note and recruit wisely.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

First we get bundled out of the semis by the best goal in a league history and then we lose our acl spot to a goal that shouldn't of stood, and couldn't be reviewed because of technical difficulties! 

We. Are. Cursed

It’s the red and white striped kit that’s cursed. Bring back the sash FFS

2 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

It's shit like this that will kill the game here

Haven't the linesmen been instructed NOT to call a close offside so that the VAR can make the decision? 

If so, I wonder if the linesman saw it and would have called it.

Edited by playmaker

4 hours ago, bt50 said:

Lol at anyone grumbling over that tweet. Its stock standard, grow up.

It wasn't that bad a tweet as made out, but still would rather no tweet at all. Maybe we need to let SM lose and back in control of the Twitter handle. 

3 hours ago, kingofhearts said:

First we get bundled out of the semis by the best goal in a league history and then we lose our acl spot to a goal that shouldn't of stood, and couldn't be reviewed because of technical difficulties! 

We. Are. Cursed

images.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, n i k o said:

It wasn't that bad a tweet as made out, but still would rather no tweet at all. Maybe we need to let SM lose and back in control of the Twitter handle. 

Yeh look i wouldnt personally have tweeted it, but getting upset about someone being humble is pretty childish imo.

Note the difference between being unperturbed and upset.

• Like 3