Melbourne Football

Flags, banners, capo stand, megaphone, trumpet, drum,. etc now BANNED at AAMI...

CityWildcat

Well, no one seems to be throwing it out there, so I will.  Calmly. 

Just listened to the latest Talking City podcast.  Excellent it was too.  Good work, fellas,.

And the exclusive news within it, according to Tony, Melburnians capo and apparent El Capitano (who may be a forum member, I do not know, I only know his grizzled fizzog at games), is that as a result of the flare incident  during the Brisbane elim final last Friday,  AAMI Park has now banned **ABSOLUTELY ALL**  of the above anywhere in the ground.  And  City fans cannot bring any of the above to Friday's  semi-final in Newcastle, or to the grand final if we make that. The ban seems to be driven by AAMI and the cops, with MCFC acting in more of a mediator role, and Tony was not upset with the club.   Which does not explains the final ban.

Through gritted teeth, he did confess  to being ''really disappointed'' and was still holding out hope that extended talks with AAMI through MCFC would resolve this threat to the active atmosphere. The TC podcast hosts were a little less diplomatic in their verdicts on the flare smugglers who have brought this about.

So, let's get that cliche right, shall we?   Pyro.  No party.

Well done, twats.  

• Sad 1

Ridiculous over-reaction from AAMI Park management, and not a natural consequence. Banning the things we want to see more of in order to somehow ban the things that we want to see less of is counter-intuitive and unproductive. Even management and Police must realise that the people that they are punishing have no sympathies for those that lit the flare

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

Ridiculous over-reaction from AAMI Park management, and not a natural consequence. Banning the things we want to see more of in order to somehow ban the things that we want to see less of is counter-intuitive and unproductive. Even management and Police must realise that the people that they are punishing have no sympathies for those that lit the flare

Overreaction yes, but we played with fire and now are suffering the consequences. I hope that f-head who lit the flare is proud of himself now.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

Actually, all of those items were and are banned in the Conditions of Entry to the stadium. It's just that "Active" supporters had what might be termed an "exemption,", whether written or oral I don't know.

I would hope that by the start of next season that the issue can be resolved  a little more favourably.

5 minutes ago, HeartOfCity said:

Wow!!! 

What a cock this kid must feel like! Well done champ your a legend!!! 

The best part of the flare was the terrace reaction, im surprised at the ban given the terrace reaction and the pointing out of the flare ripper.

AAMI Park management seem to have ignored that reaction, and instead, chosen to punish those that assisted them in identifying those responsible for the flare

• Like 1

The guy talking on the Pod wasn't the capo

Nothing has been banned or decided on yet, apart from finals (which the club are still discussing with the FFA about)

Just stick with the facts for now, you've come to your own conclusions

Now before I get flamed, nothing we didn't know was stated in the pod-- this thread is pretty much useless. I'm quite sure all of us already know why people are angry but nothing's happened just yet

Edited by jeffplz
  • Like 1

Seriously wrong, Jeffplz.  Listen to the podcast again. My post is based on what was said in it. 

All you can claim is the hope that ongoing discussions and pleading might restore our status quo.

But for now,  a BAN is in place, according to Tony . He said it, and the Talking City boys responded accordingly. 

I did not claim the ban.  They did. 

Edited by CityWildcat

29 minutes ago, Chris p said:

If there's no ban, please delete this thread right now. we dont need fake news 

We don't have another match at AAMI until October. Knowing and loving FFA as we do, anything could happen between now and then...

4 hours ago, CityWildcat said:

Just listened to the latest Talking City podcast.  Excellent it was too.  Good work, fellas,.

And the exclusive news within it, according to Tony, Melburnians capo and apparent El Capitano (who may be a forum member, I do not know, I only know his grizzled fizzog at games), is that as a result of the flare incident  during the Brisbane elim final last Friday,  AAMI Park has now banned **ABSOLUTELY ALL**  of the above anywhere in the ground.  And  City fans cannot bring any of the above to Friday's  semi-final in Newcastle, or to the grand final if we make that. The ban seems to be driven by AAMI and the cops, with MCFC acting in more of a mediator role, and Tony was not upset with the club.   Which does not explains the final ban.

Through gritted teeth, he did confess  to being ''really disappointed'' and was still holding out hope that extended talks with AAMI through MCFC would resolve this threat to the active atmosphere. The TC podcast hosts were a little less diplomatic in their verdicts on the flare smugglers who have brought this about.

Well done, twats.  

Different Tony, Not the Capo

Edited by BeardedHeart
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

We don't have another match at AAMI until October. Knowing and loving FFA as we do, anything could happen between now and then...

Hopefully the FFA have been removed by then and replaced by someone who actually understands the game 

• Like 1

At this time, the media or the FFA wonder why crowds are not coming to games. Football is tribal and is not sanitary, taking this away removes something that is great about the game of football when comparing to other sports. As a theatre going supporter, I enjoy what Melburnians provide, I do and especially my kids love the atmosphere that is provided. Sad to hear this message.

Edited by Rocka
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, CityWildcat said:

Well done, twats.  

He said talks were still taking place mate. Jump to conclusions anymore why don't you- the only ban that has been put in place is for the rest of this season

QUOTE:  '''For next year AAMI Park are looking at a ban of all those items .... and  the club are still in discussons over that.''

TRANSLATION: MCFC pleading with AAMI park administrators to reverse a decision already taken because of the ridiculous actions of a couple of young dickheads, lest it results in disintegration of the excellent active area that the club so desperately needs to fly the flag (literally) for the team.

Does anyone here really think a forum topic will have any impact? It is far from ''fake news'' - another ridiculous cliche.

In my job, I read *between* every line too..

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, xXCiTyZeNXx said:

These new Melbournian Youth are scum and a disgrace. "Hey bro, lets f***ing watch Green Street Hooligans and start ripping flares because flares are cool. Oh yeah bro, dont forget to buy me a cider. Ill pay you next week bro. Hey bro can you create a logo for us, (one week later...'its a guy with goggles as the logo'), thats sooo cool bro. Hey bro lets get as many 16 to 19 year olds as we can and we will start punch ons and rip flares in Richmond on the way to Aami park because thats cool bro. I joined the youth becuase i was bullied at school bro and now no one will touch me because im cool. Hey bro lets start wearing black balaclavas because thats cool and lets hold up signs saying 'Joyce out' because he is shit for making us finish third."

These are the shit they say and do.

I truly hope there are little shitty Youth kids on the forum so they know that they are a disgrace. 

YOU WILL BECOME LIKE VICTORYS SCUM ACTIVE IF YOU KEEP THIS US. AND IF YOU EVER PROTEST LIKE THEM...YOU ARE A DISGRACE AND SHOULD BE KICKED OUT.

Bro

• Haha 4

I have no idea who ripped the flare. I didn’t see them and I have no idea of their age, but I’m assuming it was a young male teenager.

That kid has now (deservedly) copped his whack. I’m sure he’s also facing bans and police action. I can’t imagine he’s in a good headspace and I’d hope the fanbase can start to ease up on him a bit.

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

I have no idea who ripped the flare. I didn’t see them and I have no idea of their age, but I’m assuming it was a young male teenager.

That kid has now (deservedly) copped his whack. I’m sure he’s also facing bans and police action. I can’t imagine he’s in a good headspace and I’d hope the fanbase can start to ease up on him a bit.

My understanding is that flags were used to cover the area so they couldn't be seen on camera. But I also sit down the other end of the ground so this is all whispers. 

5 hours ago, Jimmy said:

I think the club has copped more of a whack than the dweeb who lit the flare. I'm just hoping he gets a nice $5000 fine. Like you, I'm guessing he is some teenager, so imagine all the extra shifts he would need to take working at Macca's to pay that off?

My first post so don't shoot me down.

What a terrible call from the FFA and AMII Park. Active Areas should be "smoke zones" Similar to what they do in Europe. When you sign up as an active supporter you sign a waiver so you can't sue the club, ground and league for anything that happens in those aisles. Now I'm not saying what the lads up front did was ok but this problem of silencing active area supporters is killing the game and attendances.

Side note - Im pretty sure that half of the blokes in the front right corner are anti city supporters. I don't get why they cant suspend there memberships. Its the same people and its creating a toxic environment in active area. One bloke (I do know his name but will keep it confidential for time being)  keeps singing anti city chants, sings for victory and Sydney teams. My mate told him to f*** off and they almost had a punch on with police involved. This bloke was right next to the flare when it was lit too. 

21 minutes ago, menna23 said:

My first post so don't shoot me down.

What a terrible call from the FFA and AMII Park. Active Areas should be "smoke zones" Similar to what they do in Europe. When you sign up as an active supporter you sign a waiver so you can't sue the club, ground and league for anything that happens in those aisles. Now I'm not saying what the lads up front did was ok but this problem of silencing active area supporters is killing the game and attendances.

Side note - Im pretty sure that half of the blokes in the front right corner are anti city supporters. I don't get why they cant suspend there memberships. Its the same people and its creating a toxic environment in active area. One bloke (I do know his name but will keep it confidential for time being)  keeps singing anti city chants, sings for victory and Sydney teams. My mate told him to f*** off and they almost had a punch on with police involved. This bloke was right next to the flare when it was lit too. 

TBH I'm in favour of "smoke zones" as you call them. The issue here is that they are currently illegal and that the selfish actions of the few have impacted the many. 

Also, welcome to the forum. We're all cunts it is a terrible decision. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, menna23 said:

One bloke (I do know his name but will keep it confidential for time being)  keeps singing anti city chants, sings for victory and Sydney teams. My mate told him to f*** off and they almost had a punch on with police involved. This bloke was right next to the flare when it was lit too. 

He's taking the piss... many people were next to the flare. Not sure why you're trying to frame people like a drama queen

If youve actually been there since season 2 you’d know that theres always been the youth element, in fact they caused even more trouble back then than now. Theyve neither progressed or regressed. The only difference is that other (back of) terrace now attack them directly. Back when I joined there was a flare ripped every game and the back terrace loved it too, in fact they were ripping a few as well.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 26/04/2018 at 6:01 PM, xXCiTyZeNXx said:

These new Melbournian Youth are scum and a disgrace. "Hey bro, lets f***ing watch Green Street Hooligans and start ripping flares because flares are cool. Oh yeah bro, dont forget to buy me a cider. Ill pay you next week bro. Hey bro can you create a logo for us, (one week later...'its a guy with goggles as the logo'), thats sooo cool bro. Hey bro lets get as many 16 to 19 year olds as we can and we will start punch ons and rip flares in Richmond on the way to Aami park because thats cool bro. I joined the youth becuase i was bullied at school bro and now no one will touch me because im cool. Hey bro lets start wearing black balaclavas because thats cool and lets hold up signs saying 'Joyce out' because he is shit for making us finish third."

These are the shit they say and do.

I truly hope there are little shitty Youth kids on the forum so they know that they are a disgrace. 

YOU WILL BECOME LIKE VICTORYS SCUM ACTIVE IF YOU KEEP THIS US. AND IF YOU EVER PROTEST LIKE THEM...YOU ARE A DISGRACE AND SHOULD BE KICKED OUT.

Just came here to ask u do u spy on us? 😔 also no one got fined for a flare u can trust me on that one neither did club, regarding terrace if u want it alive just do what we been trying to make yous do for years! stand up, hands in air and chant u lazy muts those flags and other things wont do it for ya so even if they there or not next season wont make difference...maybe now youll all get involved after we lose flags(we most likely wont).Also really dissapointed with behaviour from adults from the top of the terrace trying to start a fight with 2 17 yr olds.

• 1 month later...